Silence Is Golden the definitive James Bond Fan Film!!!!

edited January 2012 in Fan Creations Posts: 5
Silence Is Golden is the definitive James Bond fan film of all time with several professional actors, a low budget, features the Aston Martin DB5 from Goldfinger, shot in real locations in and around London shot in 1080p true hd it's one of the most anticipated James Bond fan films of all time. The trailer is now up and has over 300 views in three weeks!! Please let me know what you think we are releasing this summer for Bonds 50th Anniversary.

Comments

It's the "definitive James Bond Fan Film!!!!" because you made it yourself?
    I'm sorry but i just can't take anything like this seriously. Would've been much better if you had just sweded an existing bond trailer.
  • @ Dr Metz this is very not true unfortunately as I am not arrogant or anything like that I am a very down to earth massive Bond fan who has met 3/4 of the cast and absouloutely mad on anything James Bond. I had a slight interest in filmaking and after seeing various James Bond Fan Films I decided that there are not that many that are brilliant so I decided to make the definitive one. Real locations, a great story, and the DB5 from Goldfinger is up to you if you don't like it but at least be open minded please :).
  • @ Steven actually some Bond fan films are really good and if you don't like them why bother commenting? Have you actually seen the trailer? Could you do a better one? Ask yourself this quesitons then re-assess your comment.
    mwjb007 wrote:
    @ Steven actually some Bond fan films are really good and if you don't like them why bother commenting? Have you actually seen the trailer? Could you do a better one? Ask yourself this quesitons then re-assess your comment.

Apologies if I came across as arrogant and putting it down - that wasn't my intention.

I did watch the trailer and can appreciate what you were doing when you made this. My opinion is mainly towards any of these fan made type films. I've watched a few over the years and just can't get into them. I've never tried to make anything like this, and am unlikely to, but if I was I would concentrate on a few elements at a time rather than trying to rush together a whole film. Eg. The first part of the trailer the guy playing Bond jumps down a set of stairs. When he lands he clearly stumbles, why not do several retakes of this to make sure you can put together one really good looking shot? Also I would use different camera angles to hide the fact that the actors aren't punching each other (again maybe try doing several takes of it and see what angle works best).

One other thing (though this is just the snob in me coming out so feel free to ignore) the suit that Bond is wearing is way too big for him.

Please don't feel I'm just having a go for the sake of it, but if you load something like this onto a Bond forum you have to expect some criticism.
  • No worries Steve I was a bit in ur face lol. Thanks for watching the trailer and thanks for the advice, the stumble was a bit hard to avoid as the height of the jump and the shoes meant that Bond slipped forward every take, but we might re-visit this? What part do you mean of the punching is it with the girl in shot aswell? If that is so it would be hard as Bond actually hit the guard for real in this shot lol. The other fight scenes are better its just 2% of the film. Yes the suit is terrible lol we had the idea of MI6 getting blown up and Bond had his suits in there at the time he has to borrow M's as all accounts for 00 agents are frozen as all agents are suspects. Also it's another attempt at Dragnov trying to stop Bond.

I really don't feel you are having a go actually I am grateful at the advice maybe you could be the films advisor? Yes I do expect criticism as I have myself with other Bond film but over 300 views in three weeks that is good going?