Goldeneye (1995) vs Goldeneye (2010)

edited January 2012 in General Discussion Posts: 581
from a story perspective which of the goldeneyes had a better story- the original Pierce Brosnan or the video game Daniel Craig...

honestly its no contest- Brosnan hands down but whats your thoughts?

Comments

Daniel Craig in my opinion.
    002 wrote:
    from a story perspective which of the goldeneyes had a better story- the original Pierce Brosnan or the video game Daniel Craig...

honestly its no contest- Brosnan hands down but whats your thoughts?

BROSNAN HANDS DOWN! I hate the new storyline. It's stupid and takes a steep decline from the original '95 epic masterpiece. The scene on the train with Xenia and Ourumov proves this point more than anything. I hate this scene in the game and always will. Ourumov is supposed to be killed by 007, not Xenia! Also, why doesn't the grenade kill Bond and Natalya? It was right next to them! Good thing that GE '95 uses real explosives and not a dumb grenade.
    GoldenEye '95, no contest.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    Both have their strengths and weaknesses. '95 GE had the Cold War, '10 GE has our current financial crises.

General Ourumov is one thing that doesn't fit well in GE2010, because in GE1995, he kept his Janus status hidden from his superiors, so they had no clue he was really betting against them, while in GE2010, even other governments know he's making money on the side and doing illegal things, but Mishkin is shocked when he finds out?

Brosnan was great in GE1995, but Craig is still great in GE2010. Plus, we get his brutal physicality.

I will say GE1995, but only because that earns points for being the original story, whereas GE2010 is a reimagining.
  • edited January 2012 Posts: 401
    GoldenEye 1995. I don't really love either of them, but the current day adaption was done horribly. Also, it's not really such an amazing story in itself that "stands the test of time" or something. It didn't need to be redone, I would have preferred an OHMSS video game.
  • Brosnan. But I would've liked to see Craig's adaption of the role in a movie, rather than a video game setting.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    Brosnan. But I would've liked to see Craig's adaption of the role in a movie, rather than a video game setting.

That would have been better, but it'll never happen (Never Say Never Again destroyed Bond remakes as films).
    I like DC but I refuse to play the new version of GE ;)
  • X3MSonicXX3MSonicX https://www.behance.net/gallery/86760163/Fa-Posteres-de-007-No-Time-To-Die
    GE 95, because i didn't play the new one.

And probably not willing to do it.
    honestly i played the recent goldeneye and it was so horrible it was like feeding broken glass to your pet dog on christmas day-

the story was shit, craig was just bored- he didnt even have the emotion of when Alec died, Valentin was just pathetic they royally messed up Treveylan (making him pudgy, irrating and instead of him avenging his parents- he is just greedy), Xenia was terrible lost all the sexiness and became a generic villian without charm.

see this is why i have no hope on Skyfall..what they have done to the bond series by getting rid of the fantasy and badass and just made it more like the bourne series.

honestly i wished a horrible painful death on all those involved in making this travesty of a video game
  • X3MSonicXX3MSonicX https://www.behance.net/gallery/86760163/Fa-Posteres-de-007-No-Time-To-Die
    002 wrote:
    see this is why i have no hope on Skyfall..what they have done to the bond series by getting rid of the fantasy and badass and just made it more like the bourne series.

What the hell does Skyfall has to do with GE 2010?
    He's probably just saying that because GE2010 and Skyfall both have Craig.

Just because the GAME sucks, the MOVIE won't. Skyfall has EVERYTHING to be a great Bond Movie, i see that. Craig is an excellent actor, maybe the game productors didn't recommended Craig to use more enphasis on his voice.
    no im saying that since Qantum of Solace and the games (blood stone, Goldeneye 2010) have been more QOS than CR and i consider QOS to be the anti-bond film
    i want to see more elements from CR in Skyfall thats all
    Blood Stone is amazing. is not an "QoS", it is very original, and is great.
    X3MSonicX wrote:

Just because the GAME sucks,

Don't knock it till you've tried it. The game's a solid FPS, even if it is a CoD ripoff.
    i didn't said as myself, i said because of what He said.
    Goldeneye - 95. Travelyan's motives were just rubbish in Goldeneye 2010. It's just a game seen from first person view. But I would've hoped to see more of the villains. In the game they're all just disposable pretty quickly. Would've like to see more of Xenia and Alec. With Alec we got that bonding mission in Severnaya, the next time we see him, he's revealed to be alive and just tells Bond that he's a greedy bloke, the last time we see him, he's revealing his heist plot, revealing Bond, yet again, that he's just a greedy bloke :p Then, soon later, he just dies. Travelyan's motives were much much better in the movie. It also helped that, for years, Bond thought that his friend was dead. In the game things happen pretty fast. Well, that's QoS for yous'all.

Would've also wanted to see Bond and Xenia getting more personal, before she, too had her fall. Maybe a level in spa, an extended sequence from the movie, where they have a quickie... quick fight that leaves her bum sore, that is.
  • SharkBait wrote:
    Would've also wanted to see Bond and Xenia getting more personal, before she, too had her fall. Maybe a level in spa, an extended sequence from the movie, where they have a quickie... quick fight that leaves her bum sore, that is.

I think that this was my major problem with the remake - that all the interesting bits from the henchmen had been stripped out, and it was definitely most prevalent in Xenia; But I like your idea - I mean, the game basically already shows us how an encounter in the sauna could play out, by using the Quicktime Event bits where we have to hit the buttons in time. That could be expanded to having to repeatedly hit a button to stop her thighs crushing you, or hitting buttons when she does stuff like the flying kick from the film, setting her down on the hot rocks, etc.

But yes, GE2010 had the same problems as QoS, IMO. No memorable henchmen and an over simplified baddie that took out everything interesting from Bean's version.
    While I hate Trevelyn in GE2010, I'm glad Xenia was dumbed down. I hated her in GE1995, and especially thought her using her thighs as her primary weapon was stupid.