Movies we love to Hate

edited January 2012 in General Movies & TV Posts: 2,341
There are a handful of films that can be neither called "good" or "bad" but an "experience". These films may be serious or funny (unintentional) and they get panned by the critics (and fans) but whatever it may be the film leaves an impression on those who watch them.
Here's my "experience " films:
Scarface (1983) this movie has been called a masterpiece and a monstrosity in the same breath. It has some shocking moments and memorable movie lines ("say hello to my little friend"). an over the top performance by Al Pacino and his memorable (and funny or brutal? You decide) death scene.

Apocalypse Now (1979) I don't know if Ford Coppolla was being funny or serious when he did this mismash of (of what??) I saw the movie about the time I had left the army and I couldn't stop laughing. People I talked to then were split on it. Some (non Military) thought the movie was humorous while others (non Military) were shocked at much of the film. You decide...

Southern Comfort (1982) This little unknown gem of a film about a group of Louisiana Guardsmen on maneuvers in the Bayous piss off some nasty Cajuns who go about killing the stupid grunts. It starred Powers Booth and Keith Carradine and was directed by the guy who did 48 Hours (can't recall the name). Anyway, some scenes were brutal and some (unintentional) were downright hilarous.Like the scene when the one Guardsman was crying and saying, "I'm not suppossed to be here", then "boom" he gets blown away by a shotgun blast. Timeless.

So what are some of your choices?

Comments

Kill Bill. Its got all the elements of a crappy movie, but its supposed to be like that and its just amazing in every aspect. The creativity behind it is brilliant. One of my Top 10.
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    edited January 2012 Posts: 4,449
    Mission Impossible 2 (9/10)
    Daredevil
    Hulk
    Tomb Raider 1 & 2
    Speed 2
    The Saint
    Vertical Limit
    Paycheck
    Jurassic Park 3
    Terminator 3
    Hollow Man
    Bandits
    Triple X
    Layer Cake
    I Spy
    Garfield
    Sahara
    Tropic Thunder
    Confessions of a Dangerous Mind
    Stormbreaker
    Bad Company (2000)
    Phone Booth
    Mr. & Mrs. Smith
    Resident Evil
    Serenity

Quantum Of Solace (14/22)
    The World Is not Enough (2/22)
    Tomorrow Never Dies (3/22)
    A View To A Kill (5/22)
    TMWTGG (11/22)
    Diamonds Are Forever (12/22)
    OHMSS (6/22)
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    I never love to hate, I just hate.
  • SharkShark Banned
    NETWORK (1976)
  • edited January 2012 Posts: 2,341
    Shark wrote:
    NETWORK (1976)

I saw that back when it came out and I never got it. Bored me to tears. My vivid memory of the film is when Faye Dunaway jumped William Holden's bones and rode him like a ...
    JWESTBROOK wrote:
    Kill Bill. Its got all the elements of a crappy movie, but its supposed to be like that and its just amazing in every aspect. The creativity behind it is brilliant. One of my Top 10.

As for Kill Bill, I liked part 2. The crazy sword play with the Crazy 88's in part 1 just got kinda boring after a while. Did nothing for me.
  • edited January 2012 Posts: 816
    OHMSS69 wrote:
    As for Kill Bill, I liked part 2. The crazy sword play with the Crazy 88's in part 1 just got kinda boring after a while. Did nothing for me.

I believe that's the general opinion on them. I also prefer Part 2.
    Watch Part 1 every now and then, hoping it will do more for me than the last time. Never really works.

The fight in the Suburbs is still the best scene IMO