Clive Owen Burger King advert

edited January 2012 in General Discussion Posts: 1,661
Clive Owen - a lot of Bond fans' first choice to replace Brosnan as 007 - now making adverts for Burger King in Spain. Burger King didn't even use his voice - it's dubbed by a Spanish actor.

Clive Owen is a respected actor, who starred in a number of acclaimed theater productions in the U.K. before going on to become a major TV star, thanks to Stephen Poliakoff's "Close My Eyes" and the popular TV series "Chancer." After starring in Mike Hodges' surprise hit "Croupier," he became a fully-fledged movie star too, with supporting roles in "The Bourne Identity" and "Gosford Park" turning into lead roles, opposite Angelina Jolie in "Beyond Borders," in Robert Rodriguez's "Sin City," and an Oscar-nominated turn in "Closer." He even starred in one of the very best films of the last decade, Alfonso Cuaron's astonishing dystopia "Children of Men."

But things haven't been so great of late. Starring vehicles like "Duplicity," "The International" and "The Boys Are Back" underwhelmed, and even a decent performance in an underrated film like David Schwimmer's "Trust" went mostly unnoticed, leading the actor to sport a hilarious moustache in C-list actioner "Killer Elite." But as it turns out, things can get worse as The Inspiration Room have revealed that Owen is currently starring in a TV campaign for Burger King in Spain.

http://blogs.indiewire.com/theplaylist/watch-clive-owen-stars-in-spanish-burger-king-tv-spot-still-less-humiliating-than-king-arthur

No-one seems to know 100 percent if he was offered Bond. He maintained he wasn't but I did read both he and Hugh Jackman wanted a percentage deal to play the part and Eon didn't agree. If he did get an offer to play Bond before Craig - I reckon he must regret not getting the part. I find it hard to believe he wasn't approached to play James Bond. He must have been high up the Bond candidates list.