LTK vs TND vs QoS

QsAssistantQsAssistant All those moments lost in time... like tears in rain
edited January 2012 in Bond Movies Posts: 1,812
All three have Bond shooting first and asking questions later. At times you could have Drowning Pool's "Bodies" song playing in the backround. Which film was the best and why?

Sorry if this one has already been done.

Comments

QoS,

but these are getting out of hand. At this rate we'll have dozens of these discussions.

These could have been done like Dimi's 00# topics forum.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Seriously, can we stop all these vs. threads, as @JWESTBROOK has noted. We could mix and match films all day into film "battles" but come on, we don't need twenty threads a week on them. Anyway, the answer is simple. LTK was by no means bad, Dalton gave a good Bond, but the film didn't have that appeal I look for in a Bond film. It lacked the classic feel of the Connery Bond films, and lacked the ruthlessness of the newer Craig films. The plot inspiration via LALD(the novel) was interesting, seeing Bond deal with almost losing Felix. TND is a mess. Carver didn't impress me, and I didn't feel he was ever a threat. Bond and Wai Lin had absolutely no chemistry, and it felt flat. Paris had potential in the story, but once again, the Brosnan era ruined that. Better Paris than Natalya though, like it was supposed to be. It suffered from a Fleming uninspired story, and gives me mixed feelings. Not bad, but not super great. A good action flick, but not what I wanted. QoS is the winner. The transition from CR to QoS was bumpy, like Bond's opening car chase, but QoS impresses me with Craig's great acting and the emotional depth the characters have. The relationship with Bond and Mathis are interesting points in film, and seeing Bond trying to get his mind off Vesper is compelling. The villains could've been better, and Bond's body count lessened, but I love the Opera scenes, the Bond and Mitchell fight, and the great finale with Bond and Yusef so much. The moment with Bond and Yusef truly is special, and the mystery behind what Bond said is intriguing, and something I still think about. For what it is worth, through the Writers' Strike QoS still came together as a great Bond film. There have been Bond films that didn't have that much of an impact on their writing and still came out as crap, so more power to you QoS. I am happy it was as good as it was.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    Come on, people, another on of these versus threads? In the end we'll be stuck with hundreds of these as the list with possible combinations is nearly endless.

I will close this down and start thinking of one, solid thread that can cover all desired 'versus' situations.
This discussion has been closed.