From Russia With Love vs. On Her Majesty's Secret Service

edited January 2012 in General Discussion Posts: 1,778
These two films are very near and dear to me. Before CR was released they were my first and second favorite Bond films and are undoubtably IMO the best Bond films of the Golden Era of the 60s. Both are faithful to Fleming, both have great musical scores, top notch action, rock-solid scripts, good direction, and memorable villans. With that being said which do you prefer? To me it's an extreamly close race but FRWL wins by just a hair simply becasue Lazenby's inexperience in acting loses a few points with me whereas Connery is in his prime as 007 in FRWL. Had OHMSS has a better actor it probably would've won for me.

Please share.

Comments

• DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    Both feature strong scripts, strong acting performances, a strong score and strong moves by Peter Hunt. I would have to select FRWL for Connery alone.
  • I thought you were gonna shut me down @DarthDimi haha. I wasn't sure it this had been discussed before. Is there a chance this thread could get a poll? I see this as being a close race as both have alot of fans.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    edited January 2012 Posts: 7,854
    Dammit, this is a tough one... Though I prefer FRWL (Dimi's aforementioned Connery reason), I prefer the story of OHMSS. Not to mention, OHMSS has Telly Savalas. I pick OHMSS and I too want a poll.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    This has been done before, I'll try and find the thread.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    FRWL
    Samuel001 wrote:
    This has been done before, I'll try and find the thread.

Yeah, pretty sure it has. There was a marathon of 'versus' threads in the spring if my memory serves...

(OHMSS ftw...)

• Well it didn't go very far. I don't suppose we can just leave this one up?
    Why not continue from the other one? There are already a number of votes in there.
  • I don't see a poll though. Ironically I commeted on that thread. It's hard to keep track.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    I've seen so many threads get locked today. Surely this'll join the ranks.
  • Yeah apparently it's been a busy day.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start

Well, the mods have to keep their jobs somehow.
  • PrinceKamalKhanPrinceKamalKhan Monsoon Palace, Udaipur
    edited January 2012 Posts: 3,262
    OHMSS for its widescreen epic feel though both are Fleming classics.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    Thank you, @Samuel001 for finding that old link. Please proceed there.

@Agent007391, our job also includes fighting off spam.
This discussion has been closed.