Where's the worst Place that Bond ever been?

X3MSonicXX3MSonicX https://www.behance.net/gallery/86760163/Fa-Posteres-de-007-No-Time-To-Die
edited January 2012 in Bond Movies Posts: 2,635
For you, where's the worst Place that Bond ever been?

For me, it was on DAD, on that big-iced "hotel" thing. That thing sucks! lol

And for you? The most dirt, or ugly, horrible, and even the "it has nothing to do with the movie" place, what is that one for you?

Comments

• DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    Actually, I'd love to visit the ice hotel myself. It looks rather interesting, aesthetically and from an engineering standpoint.

The worst place Bond has been? I'd say it's that sleazy bar in LTK. No place for 007 IMO. I wouldn't get in there, that's for sure.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    edited January 2012 Posts: 7,854
    I'm probably gonna have to say that (ice palace). Or... I don't know, Crab Key (Dr. No) wasn't exactly interesting.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    edited January 2012 Posts: 13,894
    The toilet cubicle in the PTS of GoldenEye. In fact, that whole room looked like the last time it had a good clean, was before the cold war. Seriously in need of some Ajax.
    The Ice Palace, was well, a 'palace' compared to some of the other places Bond has been. That place actually had champagne and party atmosphere.

And Crab Key? Really??? The warm, tropical beaches of Jamaica?

Worst places: The Bolivian desert in QOS and the oil barracks of Azerbaijan in TWINE definitely top the list. The streets of San Francisco were also pretty uninteresting in AVTAK.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    JBFan626 wrote:
    And Crab Key? Really??? The warm, tropical beaches of Jamaica?

It just seemed boring compared to some of the other locals in the film (and I'm not even counting Dr. No's facility as Crab Key, just the general island itself).
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    The cabin of the ship in CR is a contender. And Bond wasn't even clothed! YUCK...
  • Yeah the toilet from GE gets my vote. I understand it's a toilet and isn't supposed to be glamorous but that fact that Bond'd head is a few feet away from that Russian taking care of his business in there seals the deal for me. What a crappy (pun intended) way to introduce a new Bond. And after 6 years no less.
    The cabin of the ship in CR is a contender. And Bond wasn't even clothed! YUCK...

Could you clarify which ship we're talking about?
    He probably means the one Le Chiffre tortured Bond on near the end of the film.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    edited January 2012 Posts: 28,694
    DarthDimi wrote:

Could you clarify which ship we're talking about?
    The ship in Montenegro where Bond gets tortured by Le Chiffre...
    Okay, thanks. I obviously need some sleep. Yes, the rusty metal and such, poor place to be.
    edited January 2012 Posts: 28,694
    DarthDimi wrote:
    Okay, thanks. I obviously need some sleep. Yes, the rusty metal and such, poor place to be.

Yeah for sure lol.

Another spot where Bond didn't want to be was the hotel in the Bolivian desert in QoS, when it was a fire filled deathtrap.
    Actually the Ice Palace in DAD wasn't that bad. It looked like a cool (no pun) place to be. Too bad the movie sucked anal gas by that time.

Have to say the scene in GE where he is introduced. come on ! Introduce a new Bond and one as popular a choice at the time as Brosnan was that way? Roger Moore never stooped this low. (but this would be another discussion)
    But imagine : An Eastern european crapper. I bet the smells...No place for a gentleman agent like Bond.
  • KerimKerim Istanbul Not Constantinople
    I don't know about the rest of you, but I wouldn't want to spend over a year being tortured in North Korea.
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    Harlem.
    Nooooo The Ice Palace was probably Peter Lamont's Best Bond Set!!!

Well...
    The Barge In CR where bond is tortured .
    The Bar in LTK
    Space in MR (While theres Nothin' THERE!!!)

• Monsieur_AubergineMonsieur_Aubergine Top of the Eiffel Tower with a fly in my soup!
    edited January 2012 Posts: 642
    Is in bed with grace jones a worthy entry to this thread?? :-)
    The most unexotic place - Baku in TWINE
    Beckton Gasworks

Otherwise the toilet in GE. Horrible.
    actonsteve wrote:
    Beckton Gasworks

Otherwise the toilet in GE. Horrible.

I've never had a problem with the toilet scene in GE. At least we get a cool bungee jump before it.

Besides, toilets were obviously in fashion back then ;)

• X3MSonicXX3MSonicX https://www.behance.net/gallery/86760163/Fa-Posteres-de-007-No-Time-To-Die
    True Lies it's one of the best movies i've ever seen :) The dogfighter scene it's awesome.

Another ugly place Bond has been, was on that statue depot, in GE. i don't like that place, it's creepy and fearful (at least, for me).
    The North Korean prison in DAD, or the toilet in GE.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    I'm surprised many find the toilet in GoldenEye that bad. For me, maybe the prison, in fact I can't think of another place as bad as that, Bond has visited.
    Hanging over the cgi lake. Where else? ;)

In terms of ACTUAL places...err...I suppose the Korean prison.
  • I liked the ice palace. It was exotic and cool.

Worst place??? Probably the bolivian desert in QOS, it just didn't seem that intresting to me.
  • KerimKerim Istanbul Not Constantinople
    Is in bed with grace jones a worthy entry to this thread?? :-)

That certainly would be in my Top 3.