Bond characters in real life

TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
edited January 2012 in Literary 007 Posts: 9,117
Not sure where to put this but as it refers to a literary character that half the Brosnan weaned fans in the film threads have probably never heard of I'll stick it here but Mods feel free to shunt it somewhere else as you see fit.

Just came back from skiing and needed to get this off my chest as my wife didnt really comprehend my excitement and must have thought me a bit mad.

Went into the ski hire shop in Austria and got my skis. When I looked down at the receipt it said the man who owned the shop was called Hannes Oberhauser! He also did lessons which really would have been a great tale to tell had I needed them. It certainly gave an extra touch of Bondian atmos as I threw myself down the black run humming the OHMSS music to know that I had Oberhausers finest on my feet.

It got me to thinking:- has anyone else ever an encounter in real life with someone named after a Bond character who also did an aproximation of their job as well?

Ever had an annoying boss called Miles Messervy? Were you once pulled over by a gendarme called Rene Mathis? A chinese GP called Dr No?

And for anyone from Essex it has to be better than 'I once shagged a girl called Tracy.' Too easy.

Comments

• 007InVT007InVT Classified
    Nice thread, shame no takers yet.

I'll have a think myself!