Rare interview with Roger Moore shortly before he stepped down as Bond in 1985

JamesPageJamesPage Administrator, Moderator, Director
edited January 2012 in News Posts: 1,380
Just a few weeks before he would announce he was ending his time as James Bond, Roger Moore gave an interview to the Ottawa Citizen about his final outing "A View To A Kill" and some thoughts on the series in general. Unfortunately for the newspaper, they slightly misjudged their headline. Here are some key extracts from the original piece published over 25 years ago:

The Urbane Roger Moore Still Happy Portraying James Bond - Saturday May 25th 1985 (The Citizen, Ottawa)

<blockquote>On clashes with co-star Grace Jones:
"I would have to unplug her cassette recorder. Such loud music. And that mad, hysterical laughter. Oh, I suppose she was a bit nervous of me because she was giving the odd interview where she was trying to point out that Hans, her boyfriend, would be far more suited to playing the role than myself. So presumably she was waiting for the day to arrive when I would read it and throw an ax at her. I didn't. But I had that as a sword of Damocles to hold over her head."</blockquote>

http://www.mi6-hq.com/sections/articles/history_avtak_moore_interview.php3

Comments

• Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    This was a nice read, thanks goes to your archaeological experts.
    Hans aka Dolph L ;)
    Good little read. He expands further on his testy relationship with Grace Jones in his autobio. In his autobio, he also says that one of Barbara Broccoli's earliest jobs with the Bond production-team, was being in charge of getting Grace Jones to the set on-time each morning, which was no small feat apparently.
    I guess Dolph got his little AVTAK cameo, thanks to Jones.
  • Dolph Lundgren as Bond, eh Grace? lol I like him and all, but I'm not so sure about that!!
  • QsAssistantQsAssistant All those moments lost in time... like tears in rain
    timmer wrote:

Really?! When and where?
  • edited January 2012 Posts: 4,813
    timmer wrote:

Really?! When and where?

He was Grace Jones' bodyguard-turned-boyfriend. In the movie, in the scene when Zorin is being threatened by Gogol ("NO ONE leaves the KGB.....") you can see good ol' Dolph in the background and he even gets to draw his gun when May Day picks that one guy up and throws him

*edit- in fact, here it is: