James Bond films quiz part 2 (more difficult)

edited January 2012 in Trivia & Games Posts: 162
1) Lois Maxwell, who became Moneypenny of course, originally was offered the role of what other character in the franchise?

2) Roger Moore is only seen wearing the famous trillby hat in only one of his movies, which one?

3) Which title of a Bond film is very similar to the nickname given to Ian Fleming by his wife?

4)Only once in the film series do we here the original M's (Bernard Lee) name. What was the name?

5)Which movie does the above question apply to?

6) What film does the mission "The African Job" take place in?

7) Which Academy Award winning actor turned down the chance to play Elliot Carver in "Tomorrow Never Dies"?

8) Which film was the very first completely original one, with no references to an Ian Fleming novel or short story?

9) "GoldenEye" features the highest bungy jump from a structure ever in a movie, exactly how high? (in feet)

10) The actress who played Paula in "Thunderball" had a very small role in one of the previous films, which role?

Bonus: The last film that US President John F Kennedy ever saw was "From Russia With Love", which date did he see it on?

Comments

• Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    1) Sylvia Trench
    2) I want to say Live and Let Die, but I also want to say For Your Eyes Only
    3) Pass
    4) Miles
    5) The Spy Who Loved Me
    6) Moonraker
    7) Pass
    8) The Spy Who Loved Me (unless you count Jaws and Sandor, who were adapted from henchmen in the novel, if so, Tomorrow Never Dies)
    9) Pass
    10) Pass
    Bonus) I want to say three days before he died, but I can't remember the exact date.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    edited January 2012 Posts: 13,350
    To fill in some blanks, 1, 4, 5, and 6 @Agent007391 has right:

2. For Your Eyes Only
    3. Thunderball
    7. Anthony Hopkins
    8. Licence To Kill
    9. 722 ft
    10. Zora
    Bonus: 20 November 1963
  • AgentJamesBond007AgentJamesBond007 Vesper’s grave
    1) Lois Maxwell, who became Moneypenny of course, originally was offered the role of what other character in the franchise? Sylvia Trench from Dr No

2) Roger Moore is only seen wearing the famous trillby hat in only one of his movies, which one? For Your Eyes Only

3) Which title of a Bond film is very similar to the nickname given to Ian Fleming by his wife? Thunderball

4)Only once in the film series do we here the original M's (Bernard Lee) name. What was the name? Admiral Miles Messervy

5)Which movie does the above question apply to? The Spy Who Loved Me

6) What film does the mission "The African Job" take place in? Moonraker

7) Which Academy Award winning actor turned down the chance to play Elliot Carver in "Tomorrow Never Dies"? Anthony Hopkins

8) Which film was the very first completely original one, with no references to an Ian Fleming novel or short story? Licence To Kill or The Spy Who Loved Me

9) "GoldenEye" features the highest bungy jump from a structure ever in a movie, exactly how high? (in feet) 722 feet

10) The actress who played Paula in "Thunderball" had a very small role in one of the previous films, which role? Zora (One of the gypsy girls fron FRWL)

Bonus: The last film that US President John F Kennedy ever saw was "From Russia With Love", which date did he see it on? Nov. 20, 1963
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    8) NO, not License to Kill. LTK contains Milton Krest and his boat, the Wavekrest, from the short story The Hildabrand Rarity, as well as Felix's dismemberment by the shark from Live and Let Die.

The Spy Who Loved Me closely comes in as the first, but as I mentioned, Jaws and Sandor were taken from the two henchmen (the Jaws character is Horror, but I don't remember Sandor's basis) in the novel The Spy Who Loved Me. The first all original (with nothing but the absolute basics to make it a Bond film, such as M, Q, Moneypenny and Bond himself) is really Tomorrow Never Dies, as even it's title isn't related to anything Fleming.
  • No one has gotten #2 or #8 correct still
  • A big hint, Tomorrow Never Dies is a close guess for #8 but not correct
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    I believe #2 is Octopussy, and #8 is GoldenEye?
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    Can only hazard a few ...

8) Goldeneye

3) Good heavens ... I hope not Octopussy or Man with the Golden Gun - how about Thunderball? (so out on a limb here ...)

1) Sylvia Trench (unless you meant a recurring role, then I am lost)

2) For Your Eyes Only
    8) You can't honestly mean YOLT, do you? I know the film bears little to no resemblance to the book, but it's not completely original.
  • Benny wrote:
    I believe #2 is Octopussy, and #8 is GoldenEye?

@Benny you were the first to finish it! #2is Octopussy and #8 is GoldenEye
    GoldenEye can't be the answer. It was named after Fleming's Jamaican estate, so therefore has a connection to Fleming and the books beyond the basic.
  • KerimKerim Istanbul Not Constantinople
    GoldenEye can't be the answer. It was named after Fleming's Jamaican estate, so therefore has a connection to Fleming and the books beyond the basic.

But the question says references to a Fleming novel or short story. Neither his estate nor the term Goldeneye were never mentioned in any of his novels or short stories.
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    edited January 2012 Posts: 12,459
    Correct answers for all please ... and I am sorry sometimes I get a double post I have no idea why ...
  • Correct answers:
    1) Sylvia Trench
    2)Octopussy
    3)Thunderball
    4)Myles
    5)The Spy Who Loved Me
    6)Moonraker
    7)Anthony Hopkins
    8)GoldenEye
    9)722 feet
    10)She played a Gypsy girl named Zora
    Bonus: November 20th, 1963