Nightfire vs EoN

edited December 2011 in 007 Gaming Posts: 162
Probably the two favourite modern Bond games (not counting the N64 GoldenEye). Whilst EoN was much more advanced becuase of the two years that were between the two games, many people enjoy Nightfire more as it is usually viewed as a "classic" Bond game. EoN was bigger in a depth sense however. Which do you guys prefer and why?

Comments

• EoN has long been my favorite game. My big thing about Bond games is I want it to feel like I am playing in a movie. EoN accomplished that better than Nightfire. Having Dench's and Brosnan's actual voices was awesome. Everything about the single player campaign was outstanding, from the story to the graphics to the gameplay. I like third person better than first person as well. Nightfire has an epic multiplayer but if I had to choose one, I would take EoN.
  • X3MSonicXX3MSonicX https://www.behance.net/gallery/86760163/Fa-Posteres-de-007-No-Time-To-Die
    Nightfire's my choose because of the "single-player multiplayer". EoN has a great story, graphics, gameplay, and all... but i choose nightfire, for the fun.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    Well, NightFire had great gameplay (then again, most Bond games do, even Rogue Agent) which made it fun, but Everything or Nothing had a better story that wasn't simply a rehash of an earlier Bond film. The interesting thing about both games: elements of the Moore films were brought into the Brosnan era (NF: plot is basically Moonraker's / EoN: Diavolo was an apprentice to Max Zorin, and Jaws appears).
  • I have to say nightfire, you really feel like bond and the multiplayer is alot better than EON
    Nightfire all the way! Better playability, better re-play value, better multiplayer, better missions, better characters, better storyline, better everything!
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    edited January 2012 Posts: 7,854
    00Beast wrote:
    Better playability, better re-play value, better multiplayer, better missions, better characters, better storyline, better everything!

I'll give you the ones I didn't strike out.
    For the characters, I thought that Dominique and Alura were better than Serena and Katia by a long shot. Both of the latter two annoyed me to death! For the villains, I'm not sure. I think Drake and Diavolo are pretty much on the same level of villainy, but Jaws beats Rook just because of nostalgia. For the missions part, even though NF has about half the amount of levels as EoN, I thought they were better laid out and more enjoyable.
    00Beast wrote:
    For the characters, I thought that Dominique and Alura were better than Serena and Katia by a long shot. Both of the latter two annoyed me to death! For the villains, I'm not sure. I think Drake and Diavolo are pretty much on the same level of villainy, but Jaws beats Rook just because of nostalgia. For the missions part, even though NF has about half the amount of levels as EoN, I thought they were better laid out and more enjoyable.

Well, I like Alura more than Serena (she looks good, but is a stupid character, and though I'm American, I think it's about damn time there's an Aussie Bond girl), but Katia is leaps and bounds over Dominique. I prefer Diavolo to Drake on the simple reasoning of Willem Dafoe's voice acting. I hated Rook, and was always uncertain how he survived being in a Hind when it exploded. NF's levels were better, they just needed more checkpoints.
    EON
  • QsAssistantQsAssistant All those moments lost in time... like tears in rain
    "Everything or Nothing" hands down! I personally think that "Nightfire" was/is highly overrated. While it was a great game I think most other Bond games are better; I even thought "Agent Under Fire" was a much better game.
    "Everything or Nothing" hands down! I personally think that "Nightfire" was/is highly overrated. While it was a great game I think most other Bond games are better; I even thought "Agent Under Fire" was a much better game.

I completely respect your opinion, but I for one think that AUF is miles and miles and miles and miles below Nightfire. NF improved greatly on the graphics, had much smoother gameplay, and much smarter AI. Plus, we got actual Bond characters and locations from the movies incorporated into the multiplayer.
    00Beast wrote:
    Plus, we got actual Bond characters and locations from the movies incorporated into the multiplayer.

I think that was one of the things I liked about AUF, it was its own thing. It didn't use anything from the movies. At times I kind of wish they would make more Bond games like that.

00Beast wrote:
    Plus, we got actual Bond characters and locations from the movies incorporated into the multiplayer.

I think that was one of the things I liked about AUF, it was its own thing. It didn't use anything from the movies. At times I kind of wish they would make more Bond games like that.

Yeah, AUF didn't rely on things from the movies, unlike NF, which used the basic plot of MR, so many characters and locals from previous Bond films in the multiplayer, gadgets from the films (the razor...). AUF was completely original, except for the necessary Bond characters in the plot.
    00Beast wrote:

Yeah, AUF didn't rely on things from the movies, unlike NF, which used the basic plot of MR, so many characters and locals from previous Bond films in the multiplayer, gadgets from the films (the razor...). AUF was completely original, except for the necessary Bond characters in the plot.

Maybe so, but in terms of replay value, Nightfire wins with me. I think that's probably what matters most in a video game, whether or not you'll play it again after beating it.
    That is true. Although I thought that AUF had more replay value, but then again I grew up playing AUF and loving that game more. I also thought it had better levels and a voice actor for Bond; the one in NF sounded like he had a cold.
    That is true. Although I thought that AUF had more replay value, but then again I grew up playing AUF and loving that game more. I also thought it had better levels and a voice actor for Bond; the one in NF sounded like he had a cold.

I typically preferred the levels in AUF (except "Fire & Water", which is the hardest mission in the game). Did AUF and NF have the same Bond VO? Wasn't it Adam Blackwood in both games?
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited January 2012 Posts: 15,690
    Yes I much prefer AUF to Nighfire... I absolutly love the first embassy level when you have to go in R's appartement, only to find R in the shower... I loved this mission when I was younger.

As for here, EON>>>> NF.
    I choose 'Nightfire'. Although EoN feels more like a movie, and the gameplay is better than Nightfire, it just doesn't have the fun that Nightfire has. And Nightfire has more replay value.

As for Agent Under Fire, it's probably my favourite bond game ever - I still play it today!

:D
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    jamesh101 wrote:
    As for Agent Under Fire, it's probably my favourite bond game ever - I still play it today!

:D

:)>- Yes 'Agent Under Fire' is excellent. 2nd best Bond game after the original GE.
    Yes I much prefer AUF to Nighfire... I absolutly love the first embassy level when you have to go in R's appartement, only to find R in the shower... I loved this mission when I was younger.

As for here, EON>>>> NF.

That's the second embassy level, "Night of the Jackal". The first is where you're sneaking around and never leave the embassy, only tranq guards and meet Malprave the first time and deal with the clone Griffin.
    Ah yes, it's been a while since I've played AUF. Such a fun game. I should put it in my PS2 one of these days.
    A big problem with AUF was its checkpoint system. Checkpoints only seem to happen far into the level, and there's so little armor around that it can be easy to fail a hundred times before you find a checkpoint (this problem mainly presents itself in "Fire & Water"). Activision struck the best checkpoint system in history.
    Unusual to here this much love for AUF! I never thought I'd here that. I thought most people preferred the other Bond games. I didn't really like AUF all that much.
  • edited January 2012 Posts: 2,107
    Everything for it's movie quality and actors reprising their roles. Willem Dafoe was a plus too, and Heidi Klum made a decent henchwench. That, plus Jaws was back. Too bad his relationship with Dolly didn't seem to last. Why else would've he gone back to his evil ways?

Ooh, and the movie references by Brozzenator and Dafoe. I was in a Bond adventure, and I saw it all through my director's lense.
    SharkBait wrote:
    Jaws was back. Too bad his relationship with Dolly didn't seem to last. Why else would've he gone back to his evil ways?

Because the game developers either hadn't seen Moonraker, ignored Moonraker, or ignored simply that part of Moonraker, just to have an excuse to put Jaws in the game.
    Yes, I know he was in because the developers wanted him in the game. My question wasn't meant to be answered, because I knew the answer myself ;) It was more like ; why, Bruce / developers, why couldn't you let him be happy, married and with children?!

married-with-children.jpg?w=500

Oh, and I probably know the answer to that as well :p Because they wanted to use him in the game.
    You should have pasted Jaws' head onto Al. And then put metal teeth on the kids and the dog.