Best action movies of 2011?

edited December 2011 in General Discussion Posts: 3,166
Guess this would be the perfect place to ask.

Besides maybe MI4:Ghost Protocol, what other movies do you personally fancy?

I found 'Fast Five' to be okay, although way over the top. 'X-men: First class" and 'Colombiana', which I think both have a Bondish feel to them, were the only ones I felt like watching twice.

Or has 2011 been a very dry year for big action movies? Maybe I missed something.

Comments

Limitless Captain America Thor and Green Lantern were all good films I have yet to see Unknown, The girl With the Dragon Tattoo Sherlock Holmes a games of shadows Tinker tailor Soldier spy and Ghost protocol I plan on seeing at least one of these films (if not 2) before the clock strikes 12 next Saturday.
  • I'll probably have to go with Mission: Impossible GP. I liked Cowboys and Aliens too.
    Cowboys and Aliens

Watched it last week. I found it very silly! It had a lot of potential and a great cast. The pure cowboy part of the movie was fantastic! But all that alien stuff ruined it for me.
    Definitely MI:GP as my favorite,

but runners up are Fast Five in second,
    Cowboys & Aliens in third,
    and First Class in fourth.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    It has to be Assassination Games.

Assassination+Games+%252810%2529.jpg
  • edited December 2011 Posts: 2,782
    JCVD love him - will dl this asap thanks Major. Still hasn't reached the heights of Lion heart/AWOL though - his best line ever - 'Wrong bet'. The soundtrack is awesome in an ironic post-modern way.

X Men First Class for me. Brilliant movie.

But if were talking about a "pure" action movie then my choice is for "Fast Five" and "Sherlock Holmes 2" Both very entertaining movies
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    JCVD love him - will dl this asap thanks Major. Still hasn't reached the heights of Lion heart/AWOL though - his best line ever - 'Wrong bet'. The soundtrack is awesome in an ironic post-modern way.

I thought Assassination games was JCVD's best in a long time / one of my favourites of his CV.
  • Ong Bak 3

The Mechanic

I Am Number Four

Sucker Punch

Colombiana

Super 8

Tekken

Hanna

13 Asses

Cat Run

- Limitless
    - Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows
    - X-Men: First Class
    - Cowboys & Aliens
    - Captain America
    - Thor
    This post reminded me how few new movies I've actually seen this year. The only two action films I can name from 2011 is The Mechanic and Fast Five. Both worth waching, but not good enough to be among my favourites. I'm looking forward to next year, with Skyfall, Expendables 2 and hopefully 24- the movie.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    The Statham flick 'Blitz' was fun.
  • X3MSonicXX3MSonicX https://www.behance.net/gallery/86760163/Fa-Posteres-de-007-No-Time-To-Die
    '24 - The Movie' you mean the one with Robert Carlyle, or the new movie that they are in production? (i hope they really are)
    Personally, I found this one to be Stathams best this year:

• the green hornet, blitz, sucker punch, fast 5

this year hasn't been brilliant for action films. With batman and james bond 2012 is looking better, and 2013 has die hard so I can't wait for that