007 Legends Redone

TheSkyfallen06TheSkyfallen06 Buenos Aires, Argentina.
in Fan Creations Posts: 989
I'm pretty sure that almost nobody enjoyed 007 Legends, so just for the sake of imagining what it could've been, i'm gonna tell you how I would've made it.
- Have the Goldfinger pre-title sequence as the tutorial:
The GF pre-title sequence is pretty much one of the most iconic scenes in the franchise, and having it as a tutorial level works on many levels (stealth, combat, controls, etc.)
- Have Thunderball and Tomorrow Never Dies meshed as the first level:
The main reason i did this is because:
1. An anonymous terrorist organization doesn't just orchestrate a nuclear missile hijack, i'm pretty sure it would make sense that they would also have someone spread fake news around the globe about who's the one responsible for it (or at least that makes sense in my head).
2. I thought that the game should've had some sort of gameplay variety (besides the car level in the actual game), so why not letting the player not just play as Bond, but also as Wai Lin? That sounds cool doesn't it?
- Have The Living Daylights as the second level:
I think that TLD would be a perfect follow-up to first level as the main basis of its plot is about spies being hunted down, but her it's Bond being hunted down, kind of like Never Send Flowers, you get me, right?
Also have Aston Martin V8 sections.
- Have On Her Majesty's Secret Service as the third level:
I decided to have this as the third level, but with something slightly different, instead of Blofeld being the big baddie, it's Karl Stromberg, you probably know where it's going now.
Also have a skiing section.
- Have the final level be The Spy Who Loved Me:
The story plays mostly the same, but now that it's Stromberg who killed Tracy, it's adds more personal weight to his death.
Also have Anya Amasova as a playable character for this one and a Lotus Esprit section.
- Bonus: Bond is NOT Daniel in this version:
Some people hated the addition of Bond having Daniel Craig's appearance on the game, so in this version, it's a completely original Bond, like the one from Agent Under Fire.

And that's how i would have done 007 Legends. Thoughts?

Comments

• SIS_HQSIS_HQ At the Vauxhall Headquarters
    edited August 2023 Posts: 3,390
    My main idea for the game would be:

Since it's released on 2012 (Skyfall's release & the Anniversary of the Franchise), this how I would've done it:

This game was set before the events of Skyfall, with the Quantum organization still being the main enemy.

Bond had been given a task by M to find Mr. White and arrest him (since there's already an arrest order for him, thus making the Quantum organization disbanded).

- The first scene was Bond going to a convention center where there he meets his Bond Girl (who very much looked like Diana Rigg's Tracy, again on that later), and told him all about the informations about Quantum, but she told Bond that in order to arrest Mr. White, the only answer lies to the other members of the Quantum organization, where Bond needs to find out and track:

(So each of the rounds kinda resembles the classic Bond films, as well as the villains, the girls and etc. Although they have a different names.)

1. A Moonraker like mission:
    So, Bond first tracked the first member of the Quantum organization (Quantum member #5), a villain who's very much like Hugo Drax (from Moonraker), he'd almost resembled him, but he had a different name (not Hugo Drax), but he's just similar to Drax and his motivations, this Quantum #5 member villain was planning to lure the UN Diplomats into his shuttle to see the space, but not knowing that when they're already sent there, this villain would trap them inside and make the space shuttle self destruct, so the Quantum organization could've easily invade the United Nations.
    Here, Bond would also meet a partner in a CIA agent (similar to Lois Chiles' Goodhead), but she's also given a different name.
    When Bond caught this villain, he would interrogate him for information regarding of Mr. White's whereabouts, but this villain already died by suffocating himself to a gas leak (whom he also did by himself by shooting the pipes).
    (It's very similar to Moonraker, but not identical or copy.)

2. A Goldfinger like mission:
    After Quantum member #5 has died, Bond next tracked another member of Quantum in the list, (Quantum member #9), this villain was very similar to Goldfinger, even down to the looks, and even his scheme was very much like that of Goldfinger's, the only difference was, his plan revolves around Steel, Nickel and Copper that being imported to different countries, to make another difference from the Original Goldfinger, here, Bond would convince and persuade Goldfinger's secretary to team up with him (this girl also very much looked like Honor Blackman's Pussy Galore).
    The ending here was again, Bond interrogating this villain where's Mr. White, but this villain would fly out of the plane.

3. A Die Another Day like mission:
    Here, instead of Diamonds (I'm going to focus on the PTS of DAD), we've learned that one of the North Korean Officials had made a deal with the Quantum organization to smuggle some luxuries into their country, since North Korea is given a lots of sanctions by the United Nations, so in order to escape the sanctions, North Korea went to Quantum to smuggle some luxuries that would be given to their leader.
    UN had received this message and MI6 sent Bond to the mission, but he's caught by the North Korean soldiers and got tortured, so the game would start in the torture room, helping Bond to escape the torture as well to kill all those soldiers, now, this North Korean official that had a connection with Quantum went to see Bond and kill him, but Bond kill him first.

(Now this is where things going to be different, because I would make this version of OHMSS and LTK connected to each other).

4. An On Her Majesty's Secret Service like mission:
    After the events of the previous mission, Bond was badly and heavily injured, he's picked up by the Bond Girl that he'd first met (the one who looked like Diana Rigg's Tracy) in the convention center, she nursed him back to health and fell in love with each other, this Bond Girl already got an information regarding the whereabouts of Mr. White, and he's hiding in Switzerland along with a fellow Quantum member (who's also similar to Irma Bunt), their plan was to make a revenge against United Nations for their consistent loss by destroying the World's Agricultural stocks.
    Bond went to Switzerland and instead of Mr. White, he only found his associate (the one who's very similar to Irma Bunt), making her the only female villain member of Quantum, it's revealed that she hijacked a pharmaceutical laboratory to create a virus that would infect the agricultural stocks.
    In the confrontation, when Bond already cornered the villain and destroyed her plan, Bond again interrogated her about Mr. White, but she revealed to Bond that she's now the new head of the Quantum organization and Mr. White had thrown himself in exile (this was shown in SPECTRE when Bond met Mr. White in Austria).

Bond and this Bond Girl (who's similar to Diana Rigg's Tracy) got married, but she's been killed by someone, and left a letter to him:
    "She disagreed with something that ate her".

5. A Licence To Kill like mission:
    This is the only round, where the villain had no connection to the Quantum organization (the Quantum missions was now ended, since the leader of it, was already dead), this was Bond now avenging the death of his wife, it's something that we should've gotten in the film series, and since LTK also dealt with that, Craig's Bond would be put in this mission, but instead of Felix Leiter, it's his newly wed wife (his version of Tracy) would be the victim.
    So, this villain was also very similar to Sanchez, but instead of drugs, his scheme was all about internal organ blackmarket/harvesting.
    It would be revealed that Bond's lover (who's also an agent) was assigned to this mission and investigating it.
    So Bond needs to finish the mission of his deceased lover, once and for all.

So that would be my version of 007 Legends, while not exactly copying the classic films and putting Craig's Bond, in there, I would make him his own version with lots of differences from the original movies.
    And it would makes sense, because in Skyfall, he's already a seasoned, old, experienced man.

They're not exactly the Classic Bond films, but kinda reimagined.

These would be the versions of the Craig Era.
  • TheSkyfallen06TheSkyfallen06 Buenos Aires, Argentina.
    SIS_HQ wrote: »
    My main idea for the game would be:

Since it's released on 2012 (Skyfall's release & the Anniversary of the Franchise), this how I would've done it:

This game was set before the events of Skyfall, with the Quantum organization still being the main enemy.

Bond had been given a task by M to find Mr. White and arrest him (since there's already an arrest order for him, thus making the Quantum organization disbanded).

- The first scene was Bond going to a convention center where there he meets his Bond Girl (who very much looked like Diana Rigg's Tracy, again on that later), and told him all about the informations about Quantum, but she told Bond that in order to arrest Mr. White, the only answer lies to the other members of the Quantum organization, where Bond needs to find out and track:

(So each of the rounds kinda resembles the classic Bond films, as well as the villains, the girls and etc. Although they have a different names.)

1. A Moonraker like mission:
    So, Bond first tracked the first member of the Quantum organization (Quantum member #5), a villain who's very much like Hugo Drax (from Moonraker), he'd almost resembled him, but he had a different name (not Hugo Drax), but he's just similar to Drax and his motivations, this Quantum #5 member villain was planning to lure the UN Diplomats into his shuttle to see the space, but not knowing that when they're already sent there, this villain would trap them inside and make the space shuttle self destruct, so the Quantum organization could've easily invade the United Nations.
    Here, Bond would also meet a partner in a CIA agent (similar to Lois Chiles' Goodhead), but she's also given a different name.
    When Bond caught this villain, he would interrogate him for information regarding of Mr. White's whereabouts, but this villain already died by suffocating himself to a gas leak (whom he also did by himself by shooting the pipes).
    (It's very similar to Moonraker, but not identical or copy.)

2. A Goldfinger like mission:
    After Quantum member #5 has died, Bond next tracked another member of Quantum in the list, (Quantum member #9), this villain was very similar to Goldfinger, even down to the looks, and even his scheme was very much like that of Goldfinger's, the only difference was, his plan revolves around Steel, Nickel and Copper that being imported to different countries, to make another difference from the Original Goldfinger, here, Bond would convince and persuade Goldfinger's secretary to team up with him (this girl also very much looked like Honor Blackman's Pussy Galore).
    The ending here was again, Bond interrogating this villain where's Mr. White, but this villain would fly out of the plane.

3. A Die Another Day like mission:
    Here, instead of Diamonds (I'm going to focus on the PTS of DAD), we've learned that one of the North Korean Officials had made a deal with the Quantum organization to smuggle some luxuries into their country, since North Korea is given a lots of sanctions by the United Nations, so in order to escape the sanctions, North Korea went to Quantum to smuggle some luxuries that would be given to their leader.
    UN had received this message and MI6 sent Bond to the mission, but he's caught by the North Korean soldiers and got tortured, so the game would start in the torture room, helping Bond to escape the torture as well to kill all those soldiers, now, this North Korean official that had a connection with Quantum went to see Bond and kill him, but Bond kill him first.

(Now this is where things going to be different, because I would make this version of OHMSS and LTK connected to each other).

4. An On Her Majesty's Secret Service like mission:
    After the events of the previous mission, Bond was badly and heavily injured, he's picked up by the Bond Girl that he'd first met (the one who looked like Diana Rigg's Tracy) in the convention center, she nursed him back to health and fell in love with each other, this Bond Girl already got an information regarding the whereabouts of Mr. White, and he's hiding in Switzerland along with a fellow Quantum member (who's also similar to Irma Bunt), their plan was to make a revenge against United Nations for their consistent loss by destroying the World's Agricultural stocks.
    Bond went to Switzerland and instead of Mr. White, he only found his associate (the one who's very similar to Irma Bunt), making her the only female villain member of Quantum, it's revealed that she hijacked a pharmaceutical laboratory to create a virus that would infect the agricultural stocks.
    In the confrontation, when Bond already cornered the villain and destroyed her plan, Bond again interrogated her about Mr. White, but she revealed to Bond that she's now the new head of the Quantum organization and Mr. White had thrown himself in exile (this was shown in SPECTRE when Bond met Mr. White in Austria).

Bond and this Bond Girl (who's similar to Diana Rigg's Tracy) got married, but she's been killed by someone, and left a letter to him:
    "She disagreed with something that ate her".

5. A Licence To Kill like mission:
    This is the only round, where the villain had no connection to the Quantum organization (the Quantum missions was now ended, since the leader of it, was already dead), this was Bond now avenging the death of his wife, it's something that we should've gotten in the film series, and since LTK also dealt with that, Craig's Bond would be put in this mission, but instead of Felix Leiter, it's his newly wed wife (his version of Tracy) would be the victim.
    So, this villain was also very similar to Sanchez, but instead of drugs, his scheme was all about internal organ blackmarket/harvesting.
    It would be revealed that Bond's lover (who's also an agent) was assigned to this mission and investigating it.
    So Bond needs to finish the mission of his deceased lover, once and for all.

So that would be my version of 007 Legends, while not exactly copying the classic films and putting Craig's Bond, in there, I would make him his own version with lots of differences from the original movies.
    And it would makes sense, because in Skyfall, he's already a seasoned, old, experienced man.

They're not exactly the Classic Bond films, but kinda reimagined.

These would be the versions of the Craig Era.

That is such an amazing reimagining! Much better than mine.
  • Last_Rat_StandingLast_Rat_Standing Long Neck Ice Cold Beer Never Broke My Heart
    The concept was great. Something that I've always wanted in a Bond game. The issue was that it was made by the same people who made Call of Duty. Therefore, it ended up being a Call of Duty game starring James Bond.