When has each film’s entire cast completely cycled through?

BirdlesonBirdleson Moderator
edited April 2023 in Bond Movies Posts: 2,161
I don’t know what made me dwell on this, and it probably doesn’t merit its own thread, yet here it is.

For example, what is the first film that has no returning actor playing the same character that they had portrayed in DOCTOR NO? The answer would be THE LIVING DAYLIGHTS. With the exit of Lois Maxwell following the previous entry, no one is left from DN.

DN - TLD Maxwell
FRWL - DAD Llewellyn
GF - DAD Llewellyn
TB - DAD Llewellyn
YOLT - DAD Llewellyn
OHMSS - DAD Llewellyn
DAF - DAD Llewellyn
LALD - GE Hedison
(this one is actually problematic in that it should originally have been TLD, after Maxwell's departure, being the first film with no returning actors from LALD, but then, one film later, Hedison does return as Felix in LTK, throwing the whole system out of whack)
TMWTGG - DAD Llewellyn
TSWLM - DAD Llewellyn
MR - DAD Llewellyn
FYEO - DAD Llewellyn
OP - DAD Llewellyn
AVTAK - DAD Llewellyn
TLD - DAD Llewellyn
LTK - DAD Llewellyn
GE - NTTD Dench
TND - NTTD Dench
TWINE - NTTD Dench
DAD - NTTD Dench
CR - Bond 26 Craig
QOS - TBD ?
SF - TBD ?
SP - TBD ?
NTTD - TBD ?

Any mistakes? I am counting Judi Dench’s Ms as one. It’s in the spirit and aim of the thread to do so. Only four actors have managed to cover all of that span. And Craig is only included under the assumption that he will not return as Bond. Still not a 100% certainty until 26 is in the can.

Comments

• echoecho 007 in New York
    You mean Dench's portrait in NTTD?
  • BirdlesonBirdleson Moderator
    echo wrote: »
    You mean Dench's portrait in NTTD?
    No, her last appearance was in SP, NTTD is the first film without Dench, ergo the first film without any actors from the Brosnan Era.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    Interesting idea. I guess we have
    • OP - GE: Brown
    • TSWLM - LTK: Gotell
    • TSWLM - OP: Tourjansky
    • FYEO - AVTAK: Bulloch
    I just added to an addendum to LALD above.
    QOS - Kinnear could return as Tanner in B26.
    SF - Along with Kinnear, any one or more of Fiennes, Scott, Harris, Wright (unlikely) and Waltz (unlikely) could return to their respective roles in B26
    SP - Same as above
    NTTD - Same as above
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    I know this isn't strictly connected to the topic, but the Craig era is the first where every main character from the first film is deceased by the end of the last film.

M - deceased
    Bond - deceased
    Mathis - deceased
    Mr White - deceased
    Solange - deceased
    Le Chiffre - deceased
    Vesper - deceased
    Felix Lieter - deceased

Only vespers boyfriend is known to have lived, but he doesn't get screentime in CR.
    edited April 2023 Posts: 2,161
    Villiers and Valenka lived.
    I thought it was implied Mr. White killed Valenka and the others before Le Chiffre?
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    I wouldn't consider either of those main characters.
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    FoxRox wrote: »
    I thought it was implied Mr. White killed Valenka and the others before Le Chiffre?

It's been too long since I last watched the film but I thought I heard screams or muffled sounds of bodies falling before the assassin entered the room. It was implied that they were killed as I think Le Chiffre's two henchmen were in the original novel too.
  • thedovethedove hiding in the Greek underworld
    Which film has the most survivors or most deceased main characters?

Whenever I do my Whatever Happened to...thread I seem to have trouble finding characters from the Craig films that survived, outside of the main Bond leading lady. It seems that Connery and Moore's films have more characters surviving at the end?

I think this is an interesting idea of a thread.
  • GoldenGunGoldenGun Per ora e per il momento che verrà
    thedove wrote: »
    Which film has the most survivors or most deceased main characters?

Whenever I do my Whatever Happened to...thread I seem to have trouble finding characters from the Craig films that survived, outside of the main Bond leading lady. It seems that Connery and Moore's films have more characters surviving at the end?

I think this is an interesting idea of a thread.

I'm sure TMWTGG has quite a few survivors. Bond only kills Scaramanga, while Scaramanga kills Rodney, Hai Fat, Andrea and Gibbs. That's a total of only 5 victims...