Bond Novels Questions

stagstag In the thick of it!
edited August 24 in Literary 007 Posts: 1,053
This is a bit left field, but here goes.

I was wondering if the IF novels are available in large type? My old eyes won't allow me to read my books anymore without considerable strain.
I've made an attempt at googling but with no luck, however, I'm not brilliant at internet searching so in the hope that I've missed something.

I listen to the audiobooks but, for me, it's not the same enjoyable experience as having a book in my hands.

Further to this. Does anyone know how to magnify the text on a PC?

Mod edit: moved to proper category + double post merged + title changed to give this thread a bigger scope.

Comments

  • KronsteenKronsteen Stockholm
    Posts: 509
    Yes, there is, but you're going to have to search for used books. There doesn't seem to be any in print, the most recent (and only?) complete set was apparently released in 2008 by Clipper Large Print. Read more about it here:

    http://bazeerflumore.blogspot.com/2018/08/completed-my-set-of-clipper-large-print.html?m=1

    Happy hunting!
  • stagstag In the thick of it!
    Posts: 1,053
    @Kronsteen thanks for that.

    I've just had a lightbulb moment. I can get the IF books on kindle and magnify the text to my heart's content!

    Not exactly the 'book' feel, but the written word nonetheless!
  • DragonpolDragonpol Writer @ http://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    edited August 24 Posts: 15,799
    I think you can change the text size using the increase text size tab on your PC, @stag.
  • stagstag In the thick of it!
    edited August 24 Posts: 1,053
    Thanks Dragonpol. despite wearing Hubble telescope strength reading glasses I really struggle to read the posts here so stay away from the long ones.

    I can't see any 'increase text size' button on my laptop though? I wonder if it's a 'crtl'+a certain key?
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    edited August 24 Posts: 11,119
    In a web browser it should be 'ctrl & + together', yes.
  • KronsteenKronsteen Stockholm
    Posts: 509
    stag wrote: »
    @Kronsteen thanks for that.

    I've just had a lightbulb moment. I can get the IF books on kindle and magnify the text to my heart's content!

    Not exactly the 'book' feel, but the written word nonetheless!

    Excellent! That's a great way to go!
  • DragonpolDragonpol Writer @ http://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    Posts: 15,799
    stag wrote: »
    Thanks Dragonpol. despite wearing Hubble telescope strength reading glasses I really struggle to read the posts here so stay away from the long ones.

    I can't see any 'increase text size' button on my laptop though? I wonder if it's a 'crtl'+a certain key?

    Yes, it might be that. I'll have to check on my tablet laptop later. Just posting on the smartphone currently.
  • stagstag In the thick of it!
    Posts: 1,053
    mtm wrote: »
    In a web browser it should be 'ctrl & + together', yes.

    IT WORKS!

    I CAN SEE!
  • DragonpolDragonpol Writer @ http://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    Posts: 15,799
    stag wrote: »
    mtm wrote: »
    In a web browser it should be 'ctrl & + together', yes.

    IT WORKS!

    I CAN SEE!

    That's great. I knew someone here would know how to do it. They're a talented bunch. :)
Sign In or Register to comment.