Pierce Brosnan CAN sing??

edited December 2011 in Actors Posts: 11,189
Just found this rather cool clip of Brozza singing The Parting Glass. It's from the film Evlyn - a film I admittedly haven't seen - and I thought I'd share it as (IMO) it sounded so raw and authentically Irish.

Whoever said he couldn't sing ;)

Comments

• HASEROTHASEROT has returned like the tedious inevitability of an unloved season---
    i could mumble and carry half a tune also... doesn't mean i can sing opera - much less Abba..
  • marketto007marketto007 Brazil
    Old, but gold.

xxx
    Old, but gold.

xxx

I know its old but I'd never heard it before
  • CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea
    it may be not as bad as his ABBA singing, but it aint good either!
  • edited December 2011 Posts: 11,189
    I liked it. It sounded heartfelt to me. When my old lady heard it she thought it was The Pogues.
    I like Craig's singing much better than Brosnan's.

<object width="420" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/FLjdXKRMtIM?version=3&hl=en_US&rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/FLjdXKRMtIM?version=3&hl=en_US&rel=0"; type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="420" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>
    Agent005 wrote:
    I like Craig's singing much better than Brosnan's.

Leave the DC vs PB out of it please.

It gets so tiresome after a while.

Nice song.

Wow, never heard that before either. Assuming DC's voice hasn't been altered has the better singing voice. I still like Brosnan's though. As SM said, leave that debate out of it.

Here's the Pogue's version of that song.

I never thought I'd say this, Brosnan's sounds more tuneful to my ears (and I like The Pogues).
  • X3MSonicXX3MSonicX https://www.behance.net/gallery/86760163/Fa-Posteres-de-007-No-Time-To-Die
    Hey, i tell you: WATCH Evelyn. That movie's just awesome. It's a kind of drama, very beautiful. Pity it wasn't indicated for an Oscar.
  • I remember watching this years ago, it's about Brosnan's (character) daughter I think and there's a sort of custody battle involved and it's set in the Irish republic, bit fuzzy on anything else I'm afraid, Brosnan did similar work in Taffin a few years before this in his native country and outside of Bond, has done some fine work to add to his already impressive resume, although I do feel Mr Brosnan should maybe stick to acting rather than showing off his vocal talents
  • You must give me the name of your Audiologist.
    jaguar007 wrote:
    You must give me the name of your Audiologist.

Fine. I'm the only person who thought it sounded good :(

Compared to SOS in Mamma Mia its great
  • NicNacNicNac Administrator, Moderator
    I have moved this in to 'Actors' from General Discussions. I toyed with the idea of putting it in the 'Music' section but that would be too extreme