Bond in Imax?

edited December 2011 in Bond Movies Posts: 1,856
With all this hype around "MI:4" and "The Dark Knight Rises" got me thinking. Both films where shot in IMAX. Would you like to see B24 in IMAX, omnimax etc.?

Comments

I don't think it will happen until someone shows that it is possible to shoot an entire film in IMAX, but for that to happen, IMAX needs to become readily available to the public. If an entire film was shot in IMAX, I wouldn't be able to see it because there isn't an IMAX theatre for 500km.
    I'd enjoy it, but I feel its not necessary. I think Bond has always been a wide-screened event, nothing exclusive. Kind of leveled to its proper audience, who just go to flicks on a Saturday night. IMAX showings usually are 4 per day, 1 in the morning, 2 pre and post lunch, and 1 at night, and as Shadow said, not available to all. It'd be a pointless venture, and wasted money.
    I don't think it will happen until someone shows that it is possible to shoot an entire film in IMAX, but for that to happen, IMAX needs to become readily available to the public. If an entire film was shot in IMAX, I wouldn't be able to see it because there isn't an IMAX theatre for 500km.

If that where the case I would have a 6 hour drive ahead of me. I ment like TDK(R) film it in IMAX but also convert it to 70mm.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Bond has always been sans IMAX, and I think it should stay that way. When all is said and done we can always stand up for the Bond franchise that didn't board onto the 3D train and stayed at its roots. I respect that, and I always will.
  • JamesPageJamesPage Administrator, Moderator, Director
    edited December 2011 Posts: 1,380
    When all is said and done we can always stand up for the Bond franchise that didn't board onto the 3D train and stayed at its roots. I respect that, and I always will.

Things might have been different if the 3D craze was peaking in 2002 - Tamahori would have been all over that!

:-t
    Imax?? I went to a IMAX theater to see Kung Fu Panda in Chicago, IL. That's a day and a half to get there. I'd like it, but yeah......
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    I wouldn't want it. Bond should stick to what's mainstream, IMAX, at least in the UK, is not.