Daniel Craig says he had to write QoS scenes. Reason for failure.

2»

Comments

• DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    Unfortunately characters is not the only element that defines that quality of a Bond film. I can easily go with the reasoning presented above by thelivingroyale and BAIN, but I do think that, overall, QoS is the better Bond film.
  • edited December 2011 Posts: 5,745
    Look how well this is tied together. You can hardly even notice a change in his suit, so don't play that argument.

I just realized, it could be the same lake in both!
  • SharkShark Banned
    DarthDimi wrote:
    Unfortunately characters is not the only element that defines that quality of a Bond film. I can easily go with the reasoning presented above by thelivingroyale and BAIN, but I do think that, overall, QoS is the better Bond film.

Interesting characters, humour and atmosphere are more important with Bond I think, than plot.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    JWESTBROOK wrote:
    Look how well this is tied together. You can hardly even notice a change in his suit, so don't play that argument.

Yes, the only issue is Bond's sudden change in hair style!
  • edited December 2011 Posts: 3,169
    BAIN123 wrote:
    Zekidk wrote:
    BAIN123 - thank you for proving reasons why QoS really suck. IMO, it wasn't the script that destroyed the movie (which I found to be okay), but the editing!

I'm not saying it sucked completely. Some of it was ok but as a whole it was mediocre IMO.

Bad choice of word from my part. What I am trying to say is, that QoS - for me - would have been a great Bond-movie, if it hadn't been for the Bourne-style editing. The only place where I actually thought it made sense was during the shootout at the opera.
    JWESTBROOK wrote:

Maybe it's my monitor, but isn't Bond's shirt light blue in the first part and light grey in the 2nd?
    edited December 2011 Posts: 581
    I thought it was a good movie. It wasn't as bad as Goldfinger, or Diamonds are Forever.

OpoQQ.jpg?1302279173
    So sick of people saying QoS was a failure. It was a huge, massive success! STFU!
    The_Reaper wrote:
    So sick of people saying QoS was a failure. It was a huge, massive success! STFU!

So was DAD.
  • The_Reaper wrote:

Commercially yes, but artistically/or has a Bond film it was pants but not as pants as DAD so DUM and if so DUSL as you TABOOMA which is nice.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    JWESTBROOK wrote:

Yes, the only issue is Bond's sudden change in hair style!

And the loss of his waistcoat.