Will Bond ever be played by an African American or a Woman?

edited December 2011 in General Movies & TV Posts: 645
After Pierce Brosnan was finished being bond and the search was on for the next bond (before Craig was announced). There were rumors about the next Bond being "African American" and another saying it could be a woman. I'm not sure what I think those ideas, at first I think its a horrible idea, breaking tradition, the look and the original idea of bond. But after the years it may be a possibility down the road. Do you think it will ever happen?

Here is a fan made trailer that recently sparked my attention on this subject again, you may have seen it already.

Also just to be clear, I am in no way racists or sexists. I just have a clear idea of what the Bond franchise means to me and my enjoyment out of the films, all those childhood memories of Bond.

Or do you think as far as thinking outside the box, Daniel Craig will be the most unique Bond we'll have for a while, with his dirty blonde hair, as opposed to the traditional Connery, Lazenby, Dalton and Brosnan look and hair style. Moore was kind of the oddball there for the previous generations I would assume, but fit the part for the 70s generation for sure, I enjoyed watching Moore's versions on Bond. Or is it a ploy to make such a noticeable change so that when they bring back the traditional Bond, we all appreciate it more? haha.

Comments

• Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    An African American, maybe (or, more likely, an African Brit), in 102 years when we're out of white guys to play the role, but probably never a woman.
    for me its a no. I have seen heated debates in these forums about how this persons take is not what fleming had in mind? Or it is too over the top fleming. If it should ever happen which i severely doubt especially of how protective they are of the franchise.

There are powerful cinematic roles already out there like Blade! Shaft! On the flip side there is also Catwoman, and countless other roles from franchises both women and men can play.

I think that although a fair question? People just would not accept it. And i do not mean on racial or sexist reasons neither. It just would not work
  • X3MSonicXX3MSonicX https://www.behance.net/gallery/86760163/Fa-Posteres-de-007-No-Time-To-Die
    And if it does work? If the movie makes a great success? either with an african american or a woman?
    But James Bond in a woman's skin would be strange.. just if they make 00 number and name changes.
  • dudes and dudettes - this subject is cool. But is there are thread about a black James Bond? Just wondering. Your contribution would be excellent there to add to the body of posts there already.
    here we go again........
  • doubleonothingdoubleonothing Los Angeles Moderator
    I am positive that there are other threads covering this topic. The "will Bond ever be played by a gay/black/female?" (delete or not as appropriate) discussion has been done to death here and on various other forums.

I will give you all 30 seconds to get out of dodge before I lock up.
This discussion has been closed.