007 Documentries?!!!!

edited December 2011 in News Posts: 12,506
As stated in the press conference for Skyfall. They are in the process of making programs in readiness for next years celebrations.

As a fan i have always recorded them to disc for prosperity sake and they are a reflection of those current times and feelings. And they are always nice to keep as they dont go on any special features disc of the movies!

For me i would love to see a 2 hour special From Dr No to Quantum Of Solace. interviewing surviving cast members from throughout the series. Their thoughts and feelings before and after....etc.

The dream one for me would be Michael Parkinson to interview all 6 actors on a big sofa and see them interact in a one hour special! And boy oh boy to be in that audience!

Comments

• DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    About that special... If you watch all the docu's on the DVD's or BR's, you'll have something worth more than two hours. ;;)
    oh believe me i have. But for obvious reasons next year is something special and i for one want something special! :D
  • edited December 2011 Posts: 1,497
    I've posted this on her before, but in case you haven't seen it. Here is an in depth Behind-the-Scenes documentary of the Spy Who Loved Me produced by the BBC from 1977. All the parts are on the users' youtube channel

I would gladly watch a good documentary. The last good one I recall was just prior to GE release in 1995. there was a good one back in 1987 prior to the release of TLD hosted by Roger Moore (it was the 25 year anniversary)
    there were some good ones back in the 60's prior to TB release in 1965 which aired on a Friday night "the Incredible World of James Bond" and one in 1967 which promoted YOLT, "welcome to Japan Mr. Bond"
    I hope they do likewise for the 50th anniversary. It would be one for the ages.
  • Not really a Documentary of such but after Goldeneye was released on home video sometime in 1996 I got with it (and I'm just off to find it), here it is, an accompanying video narrated by and starring Elizabeth Hurley of all people, 'The world of James Bond', which takes you through all 17 (at the time of release), 007 films, and showcased all the stunts, villains, music, women, and everything that made the franchise such a success, I haven't watched this again for some time but actually, don't really need to. Ms Hurley puts herself across as some sort of 'Bond nut' or 'enthusiast' but I didn't really buy into it, I actually found her quite nauseating at times from what I can remember

Just wondered if anyone else got this release sometime about when I did and has seen it
  • MrBondMrBond Station S
    On the Ultimate Edition DVD for Goldeneye you can find that documentary with Elizabeth Hurley.
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    edited December 2011 Posts: 4,444
    A couple of days a go i discoverd my dvd recorder removed all QOS documentry's and tv programs. I am not sjure how this happend. A couple of weeks a go i only recorderd 60 minutes because i get a message 90 minutes be not possible and in the mean time i removed that program and 2 movies i have seen and a movies i bought on dvd.

The only lucky i have that ot not removed a Dutch tv show where Roger Moore be a guest. To be sjure now it stay's there i locked it. Of course i should have done this earlier, because then i think it removed the couple of 24 episodes insteed.

More then 4 houre of material who nevfer going to be released on dvd or BD is gone. The Bond On location official Fox documentry is les a problem, but is gone too.
    RogueAgent wrote:
    For me i would love to see a 2 hour special From Dr No to Quantum Of Solace. interviewing surviving cast members from throughout the series. Their thoughts and feelings before and after....etc.
    That's not what they're doing (and to be honest, it kind of sounds like a crappy featurette for a DVD when this project is said to be an actual film in its own right). The documentary film-makers will follow production of SKYFALL. It will have more to do with the filming of SKYFALL and how the previous twenty-two films influenced it, rather than simply looking at the previous films.
    well its a crappy featurette that i would like to see and it would be free to have. I have recorded and kept many featurettes over the years to which most have never been put on the movie special features disc's.

A Skyfall program i would think will be a certainty?
    With Skyfall being so close to release now in the UK? Has anyone heard if their is going to be a FILM 2012 special? Surely the new series will kick off with one won't they?