Fleming (2014)

edited December 2011 in General Movies & TV Posts: 5,745
I was tooling around IMBD looking for some good flicks to catch. Then I came accross Fleming, you know that cool thing your eyes do to catch stuff they're interested in.

Turns out its a biopic on Fleming, but focuses on his spying and womanizing years.
So far it doesn't seem Eon is involved by any part, and its produced by none other than Leonardo DiCaprio (who also stars as Fleming)... Oh mein Gott!!!

So anyways, do you think they'll stick to the facts and make it as factual as it deserves? How do you feel about Eon not being involved?

Comments

• I thought it was going to be a biopic, not a documentary. :-/
    Don't get me wrong, a documentary would be awesome also. :D
  • St_GeorgeSt_George Shuttling Drax's lovelies to the space doughnut - happy 40th, MR!
    Sorry, @JWESTBROOK, this won't be a Bond movie so I've moved the thread to the Movies and TV section, which is where it really belongs... ;)
  • edited December 2011 Posts: 5,745
    St_George wrote:
    Sorry, @JWESTBROOK, this won't be a Bond movie so I've moved the thread to the Movies and TV section, which is where it really belongs... ;)

:/ Haha okay ;)
    I thought it was going to be a biopic, not a documentary. :-/
    Don't get me wrong, a documentary would be awesome also. :D

BIOPIC! Thats the word I wanted. Fixed ;) Also fixed the point that he will be played by Leonardo DiCaprio as well.. hmph.

Ian_Fleming.jpg

v.

leonardo-dicaprio-2.jpg

I don't see it.

ian_fleming_page_pic_resize.jpg

v.

Leonardo-Dicaprio-leonardo-dicaprio-19374308-492-587.jpg

Nope, not seeing it. HES NOT EVEN BRITISH.
  • HASEROTHASEROT has returned like the tedious inevitability of an unloved season---
    DiCaprio has grown on me a lot, and his talent as a fine actor is really starting to show, ever since Scorsese got his hooks into him...

but I just don't see him as Fleming, even a young Fleming... but - it wouldn't be the first time a biopic is made where the star looks nothing like the actor he is portraying....

but should this happen, that is quite an impressive roll Leonardo would be on...

J. Edgar Hoover
    Ian Fleming
    Teddy Roosevelt (which is rumored to be in pre production - another Scorsese flick)
    I thought it was McAvoy in the forefront for Fleming as well.
  • HASEROTHASEROT has returned like the tedious inevitability of an unloved season---
    McAvoy i could see as Fleming... perhaps it's just DiCaprio producing the film.
    HASEROT wrote:
    McAvoy i could see as Fleming... perhaps it's just DiCaprio producing the film.

DiCaprio is cited as starring in the role. But yes, McAvoy is a much better choice. Fassbender even better.
  • McAvoy would be great, but I believe he's also agreed to do a biopic of Elton John. He was actually Elton John's first choice to portray him.

What about Guy Pearce?
    Guy+Pearce-3.jpg
  • edited December 2011 Posts: 562
    Pearce would have been great ten or fifteen years ago. He's a tad old now to be playing Fleming in his pre-Bond life.

It's a damn shame that Ryan Gosling isn't British. He's got the right look and the acting chops to pull it off nicely.
    Agent005 wrote:
    It's a damn shame that Ryan Gosling isn't British. He's got the right look and the acting chops to pull it off nicely.

Is it bad that I forget women exist when I watch DRIVE?