three stooges or laurel and hardy?

edited December 2011 in General Movies & TV Posts: 2,782
For me it's L&H every time. But the new stooges trailer looks good especially around the 1 min 5 sec mark =P~

But the Music Box from L&H had probably the best punchline/gag in cinematic history awesome. I won't spoil it for you. Hunt it down and watch it on youtube, here's a taster:

Comments

• edited December 2011 Posts: 624
    Don't forget about the Marx Brothers!

The Three Stooges and Marx Brothers are great. I grew up on them both.

No one can replace the original Moe, Larry, and Curly. I must say though, that the stars of the new movie look and even sound incredibly close.

• Too right - can't have thread like this without those guys.
    As an answer to the original question, I would say Laurel & Hardy for me easily. And yes I enjoy the Marx-brothers too but they are a whole different ballgame.

I went to the cinema earlier this year to watch some movies of L&H and I kept laughing even their silent stuff is brilliant slapstick.
  • NicNacNicNac Administrator, Moderator
    I agree with all comments about L&H and the Marxes.
  • HASEROTHASEROT has returned like the tedious inevitability of an unloved season---
    Three Stooges..

Marx Brothers..

Laurel and Hardy..

Abbott and Castello anyone?? :-D

thats the quad pod of hilarity right there...
  • HASEROTHASEROT has returned like the tedious inevitability of an unloved season---
    i dont know what to make of the Three Stooges trailer.... i know they can't get the original actors... they've been dead for years... but it still feels a little hollow watching it.. when i first heard of a 3 stooges movie in works a few years ago, it was originally supposed to be a biopic.... but now i see they scrapped that, and have gone with doing a regular 3 Stooges movie.....

i think the only other thing that bothers me about the film, is that I would've liked to have seen them set it back during the 30s or 40s.... making it contemporary just doesn't seem right...... although it did make me laugh seeing that dog Snookie get hers at the end of the trailer.