What if Bond went bad !

edited November 2011 in General Discussion Posts: 1,548
Just had a thought. Might be interesting if in a future movie Bond could be corrupted or somehow brainwashed and sent to asassinate M. Obviously he would be brought back from the dark side! Maybe it sounds too Sci-Fi for a Bond movie but it could incorporate elements of Fleming's YOLT novel where Bond suffers from amnesia. I was also thinking of some sort of evil clone of Bond but maybe that is taking things too far down the Austin Powers route!

Comments

• maybe bond loses his memory and is kidnapped by terrorists who convince him that he is a freedom fighter working with them, and M is a corrupt MI6 head who he must kill
    Its the last refuge of a writer who has run out of ideas.

See also,

An Evil double/doppleganger or the hero being related to another character ie father/son.

Used to death in TV cop/mini series of the sixties and seventies.

There are plenty of other stories to do. A whole world of them. The advantage of Bond is that it can do global stories where TV series due to budgetary constraints cannot.
    An amendment to my original topic- how about Bond coming up against a rogue 00 agent, equally well trained etc. I know we've had 006 in GE but I feel it may be time to explore this again and with a better actor than Sean "my accent is slipping" Bean. Clive Owen would be good and quite fitting with his almost-Bond history.
  • DiscoVolanteDiscoVolante Stockholm, Sweden
    Moved to General, this ain't News.
    If bond went bad we wouldn't be here now....
  • edited November 2011 Posts: 6
    Maybe Bond should go bad and actually kill M. But then he turns back to good and has to fight a rogue 00 who is actually an evil clone of his dead father. But the rogue 00 sets off a nuke, which Bond survives by hiding in a fridge, just before being abducted by aliens and going back in time to fix everything. Finally, he has to fight a herd of zombie ninja kangaroos (only baby 'roos). Then he wakes up and realizes that it was all a dream, and that he is really Donald Trump. But then he wakes up again and realizes that Donald Trump is not a business tycoon in real life, but actually plays first base for the Yankees, and is dying of a disease that nobody has ever heard of. In order to find the cure, he has to go rogue as a spy for the Red Sox. Now this is when the story REALLY takes off...
  • Just kidding. I like the amnesia idea the best...
    Sierra75 wrote:
    Just kidding. I like the amnesia idea the best...

Amnesia? I cant remember mentioning that!

• SharkShark Banned
    edited November 2011 Posts: 348
    Amnesia, brainwashing, attempting to kill M etc.

Isn't that basically the beginning of Fleming's TMWTGG? As great as it is, it's a little too close to Bourne right now, what with both franchises still going.
    actonsteve wrote:
    An Evil double/doppleganger.

I like this. Red Grant and Graves/Moon hinted at it, but taken to a whole new level (i.e. facial reconstruction to look exactly like Bond) it could prove interesting. Sort of like a cross between THE MAN WHO HAUNTED HIMSELF and SECONDS.
    Shark wrote:
    Amnesia, brainwashing, attempting to kill M etc.

Isn't that basically the beginning of Fleming's TMWTGG? As great as it is, it's a little too close to Bourne right now, what with both franchises still going.
    actonsteve wrote:
    An Evil double/doppleganger.

I like this. Red Grant and Graves/Moon hinted at it, but taken to a whole new level (i.e. facial reconstruction to look exactly like Bond) it could prove interesting. Sort of like a cross between THE MAN WHO HAUNTED HIMSELF and SECONDS.

There was FACE OFF that played the theme, with Woo just a bit too much into the Kung Fu opera territory. I remember that I liked it at the time but the whole change/change back was done one step too far.

Doubleshot, anyone?
    actonsteve wrote:
    Its the last refuge of a writer who has run out of ideas.

See also,

An Evil double/doppleganger or the hero being related to another character ie father/son.

Used to death in TV cop/mini series of the sixties and seventies.

There are plenty of other stories to do. A whole world of them. The advantage of Bond is that it can do global stories where TV series due to budgetary constraints cannot.

Thank you they did it with Highlander and i thought it was the dumbest idea imaginable of course watching the behind the scenes stuff they all kept saying how brilliant an idea it was I disagree i though it was dumb as a kid when i first saw it and as an adult turning the hero into a villain is dumb dumb DUMB idea.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    The whole Bond with amnesia thing will just make more people think Bond films are trying to be like Bourne films even though Bond has been around 30 years longer.
  • The whole Bond with amnesia thing will just make more people think Bond films are trying to be like Bourne films even though Bond has been around 30 years longer.

I hadn't thought about that, but it is a valid argument. Ok, let's go with my idea about the ninja zombie kangaroos. It could work...