Why Camille Never Returned even if....

edited February 2020 in Bond Movies Posts: 1,280
In 2008, Barbara Broccoli mentioned wanting Camillle to return to the franchise...there is even a doppelganger of her in the new Heineken commercial for NTTD. But Olga Kurylenko dropped the ball when she costarred in The November Man.

It was alright that she started alongside Tom Cruise for Oblivion, whose Mission Impossible Rogue Nation movie paid tribute to the Quantum of Solace Tosca Opera scene. But November Man was not a good move for her because here she is starting with a Bondian film with a former James Bond who left on bad terms and they're celebrating having taken away one of Daniel Craig's Bond co stars for the film.

Comments

• I find that more than a bit specious. At best.

More likely Olga Kurylenko didn't come back because most Bond girls don't come back.

Very few non-MI6 regulars reoccur in the Bond films because most supporting characters in a 007 film usually wrap up their entire narrative arc/plot necessity in the movie they're introduced in.
  • edited February 2020 Posts: 3,333
    I find that more than a bit specious. At best.

More likely Olga Kurylenko didn't come back because most Bond girls don't come back.

Very few non-MI6 regulars reoccur in the Bond films because most supporting characters in a 007 film usually wrap up their entire narrative arc/plot necessity in the movie they're introduced in.
    The funny thing is Ursula Andress almost returned as Honey Ryder for LALD, but when Connery bailed from the project, the producers and writer decided to change the character to Quarrel Jr to distance the new 007 from Connery's interpretation. Had Ursula Andress appeared in LALD then history would be very different indeed, if not completely rewritten from what we know today. However, I agree with you about Bond women not making a reappearance since FRWL's Sylvia Trench. As pretty as Olga Kurylenko was, her character was quite sour-faced throughout the movie, so personally I'm not too bothered whether we saw her again or not.
  • RyanRyan Canada
    They also intended for Wai Lin to come back, and Jinx for that matter. Ideas that were open but never came to fruition. It's perfectly reasonable that her and Bond never crossed paths again.
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    edited February 2020 Posts: 4,441
    P&W are creaters of Johnny English and possible giving her a role in Johnny English 3 as some kind of sorry.

Her coming back was something not expect but actualy going to happen and earlier then return of Madeline. Camile and Bond will meet again when he find his solace, innerpeace.

Spectre changed things and created new quistions. Whyle iam happy the solt quistion where is Mr White.

Also Lucia expect to make return on same expections and in same movie as Oberhouser/Blofeld. Some people expect him not to return. Suprise return of Lucia is stil possible.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    I think it just wasn't necessary. Her arc was complete.

Madeleine's return made sense story-wise. They were also written into bringing her back, and I'm glad they did cause Seydoux deserved another chance.
  • Last_Rat_StandingLast_Rat_Standing Long Neck Ice Cold Beer Never Broke My Heart
    Birdleson wrote: »
    Ryan wrote: »
    They also intended for Wai Lin to come back, and Jinx for that matter. Ideas that were open but never came to fruition. It's perfectly reasonable that her and Bond never crossed paths again.

This two were supposed to return in their own feature films (what a nightmare).

I would not have minded to see Wai Lin back in DAD. The part that was the Chinese agent in the hotel if I'm not mistaken.
  • echoecho 007 in New York
    Don't forget Natalya was supposed to come back in TND.
  • NickTwentyTwoNickTwentyTwo Vancouver, BC, Canada
    echo wrote: »

That would have been quite welcome.
  • By not letting the past Bond women return that series which ended with DAD was not helped out of its grave.

Camille was not Honey Rider....but her story arch made audiences wonder what happened to her after she got dropped off at the train station.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    echo wrote: »

That would have been quite welcome.

Would she have fitted in that film though?
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    edited February 2020 Posts: 5,869
    I thought it was Pam Bouvier that was supposed to return in TND in Teri Hatcher's role.

I always thought it would've been cool if Fields was written better and turned out to be Moneypenny. Gemma Arterton would've been great. I do love Naomie though and her introduction in Skyfall, but I always thought Fields could've been if they wanted.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    Denbigh wrote: »
    I thought it was Pam Bouvier that was supposed to return in TND in Teri Hatcher's role.

I always thought it would've been cool if Fields was written better and turned out to be Moneypenny. Gemma Arterton would've been great. I do love Naomie though and her introduction in Skyfall, but I always thought Fields could've been if they wanted.

That's a very interesting thought. I agree. Gemma would have been great as a MP!
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    edited February 2020 Posts: 5,869
    DarthDimi wrote: »
    Denbigh wrote: »

That's a very interesting thought. I agree. Gemma would have been great as a MP!
    And it would've been cool if she called herself "Fields" because she didn't wanna tell him her real name Moneypenny, which has always been a strange one haha :) Those names just don't work in the modern-era. Even feels weird to call Naomie Harris that name haha.
  • Wow! Fields as MP would totally have worked. She was a desk person after all as M said.