Skyfall Bond 23 Production – Casting Director

SAMSAM
edited November 2011 in Skyfall Posts: 107
Now that Sam Mendes has confirmed his casting in relation to Skyfall, and though not all roles have been confirmed i.e. Blofeld, we have a decent insight to has been cast.

Daniel Craig – James Bond
Judi Dench – M
Sam Whishaw – Q
Naomie Harris – Agent Eve (Moneypenny ?)
Helen McCrory – Moneypenny
Javier Bardem – Villain
Ralph Fiennes – Blofeld ?
And so forth......

Hence there has been much discussion regarding the casting on MI6 Community, and I myself have some reservations regarding the casting thus far. As a result, I would be extremely interested to hear who you would cast in relation to role. Imagine yourself as Casting Director or in Sam Mendes position and who would you cast ?

Consider Daniel Craig James Bond 007 as red, and all other casting positions are available.

Comments

SAM wrote:
    Now that Sam Mendes has confirmed his casting in relation to Skyfall, and though not all roles have been confirmed i.e. Blofeld, we have a decent insight to has been cast.

Daniel Craig – James Bond
    Judi Dench – M
    Sam Whishaw – Q
    Naomie Harris – Agent Eve (Moneypenny ?) (Not confirmed)
    Helen McCrory – Moneypenny (Not confirmed,
    Javier Bardem – Villain
    Ralph Fiennes – Blofeld ? (Not confirmed, and even abolished by Fiennes with him saying "doesn't have a white cat"
    And so forth......

Hence there has been much discussion regarding the casting on MI6 Community, and I myself have some reservations regarding the casting thus far. As a result, I would be extremely interested to hear who you would cast in relation to role. Imagine yourself as Casting Director or in Sam Mendes position and who would you cast ?

Consider Daniel Craig James Bond 007 as red, and all other casting positions are available.

We don't know all the roles. We know Bond, M, Q, One villain with no knowledge of who he is, Eve, and Severin.

So don't base your casting suggestions on Blofeld or Moneypenny, because they are not confirmed, and most likely not returning.
  • I really do think Blofeld could well return, with white cat et al, in fact I wouldn't be at all surprised now, Moneypenny was omitted for the last two features, after a being a mainstay of the franchise since the start she was suddenly left out when Craig arrived, as was Q, but now lo and behold he makes a return in the shape of some kid who is years of Bond's junior, and I'm not getting back in to that territory. All the pieces are falling into place, it may not be to everyones liking but there won't be much anyone can do about it but vent their dismay or frustrations etc

In fact I'm going to go wild here and suggest the first names off the top of my head that could fill each capacity as stated above

007 Daniel Craig
    M Queen Elizabeth II
    Q Patrick (the star gazer person, astronomer, can't remember his name)
    MP Catherine Zeta Jones
    Villain Dougray Scott
    Blofeld Matt Lucas
    Blofeld's Cat Search the alleys or leave out some milk

It was my initial reactions and I'm sticking with it [-(

Furthermore with Her Majesty included there could well be a role for the Duke Of Edinburgh somewhere, but I couldn't find an available spot
    I reallllllly hope they dont go the "Smallville" path where Bond and Blofeld start out together and end up arch enemies. I'll puke.
    love your cast baltimore! making me laugh! lol.
  • I swear I've seen an interview with Craig where he confirms Moneypenny will be in it. Still don't know who will play her though.