Drink pairings

Hello everyone, longtime fan but new to this community. In a couple of weeks I will be starting my rewatch of the Bond films leading up to NTTD. This time around I would like to make a drink/cocktail that is connected to each film and I was hoping all of you could help me with identifying the best one for each movie. Ideally, I would like to do a different, unique drink for each film. Here is what I have come up with so far:

Dr. No - Vodka martini (start with the classic)
FRWL - Raki (if I can find it)
GF - Mint Julip
TB - Rum Collins
YOLT - Saki
OHMSS - Brandy???
DAF - Sherry???
LALD - Sazerac
TMWTGG - Thai sparkling wine???
TSWLM - Barcadi on the rocks???
MR - Caipirhina??? (Because of Carnaval)
FYEO - Gluhwein???
Octopussy - ???
AVTAK - ???
TLD - ???
LTK - Budweiser with lime???
GE - Jack Daniels or bourbon???
TND - Tequila or shots of Smirnoff???
TWINE - ???
DAD - Mojito
CR - The Vesper
QOS - ???
SF - Heineken???
SP - ???

If any of you could offer for suggestions for the ones that I have question marks for, that would be wonderful. Thanks in advance!

Comments

• AgentJamesBond007AgentJamesBond007 Vesper’s grave
    FRWL - Red Wine (with fish)
    SP - Prolytic Digestive Enzyme Shake
  • Max_The_ParrotMax_The_Parrot ATAC to St Cyril’s
    I would have hoped you’ve have given your liver a break and chosen a refreshing cup of Earl Grey tea in a china cup, preferably with cucumber sandwiches, for MR.

For CR you could go with rum and soda, and leave the Vesper for QOS - on the plane he downs far more of those than in CR.
  • DrunkIrishPoetDrunkIrishPoet The Amber Coast
    Scaramanga, the man with the golden gun himself, drank Black Velvets: champagne-and-Guinness cocktails which are about as bad as you might think. Even I can't get behind those!! But I try again and again, each time I watch TMWTGG.
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    This thread was worth the admission alone just to see one of my favourite usernames @DrunkIrishPoet posting on the forum again!
    Ha-hah, thanks, @Dragonpol this thread was irresistible to me!
    And for FYEO it's ouzo for me every time.
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    edited October 2019 Posts: 17,787
    Ha-hah, thanks, @Dragonpol this thread was irresistible to me!
    And for FYEO it's ouzo for me every time.

I just knew that we could bring you in out of the cold, @DrunkIrishPoet! It's good to see you back on here. :)
  • j_w_pepperj_w_pepper Born on the bayou. I can still hear my old hound dog barkin'.
    An alternative for YOLT: Siamese vodka...with a twist:

https://thailandunique.com/bamboo-worm-vodka
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    DrGuts1003 wrote: »
    SP -
    Vodka martini. Diiiiirrrrty.
  • Agent_99Agent_99 enjoys a spirited ride as much as the next girl
    A subject dear to my heart! (My hobby is pairing drinks with terrible Pierce Brosnan flicks.)

A good place to look would be product placement, e.g. MR: something with 7-Up, GE: something with Perrier, TLD: J&B scotch.

For OP, maybe a gin & tonic - the classic Brit in India tipple. Another suggestion for TLD would be Fernet Stock, which is very Czech.

If you get stuck, there's also a cocktail called the James Bond: couple of drops of bitters on a sugar cube, add vodka, top up with champagne. I have tried it and it is just as awful as it sounds.

I wish you luck in your endeavour - looking forward to the Comments While You Watch thread!
    Singani is the national booze of Bolivia. Never tried it, but: a new liquor store near me sells Rujero Bolivian Singani, so I will give it a go when QOS cycles up on my next marathon--in the past, I'd just snort up a bunch of Bolivian Marching Powder.