scary books

edited November 2011 in General Discussion Posts: 2,341
We always talk of movies and films but I wonder if any of you want to nominate any novels as being the most scariest or terrifying.

I used to like the earlier Stephen King but as far as horror and pure scares I have to rank his book "Salem's Lot" as his most scariest and terrifying book. Everyone talks of "The Shining" but trust me on this one. "Salem's Lot " is much scarier.
Peter Straub's "Ghost Story" is pretty creepy. The movie was not well done and I do not recommend it but if you want a good scary read: "Ghost Story"

Comments

• I enjoy a bit of literature sometimes and the one's you've mentioned deserve acknowledgement but I would also include 'The Amityville Horror' ,'Red Dragon', 'The Exorcist' by William Blatty and 'The Andromeda Strain' by Crichton

Make sure you read 'em in a well lit room X_X
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    Day by Day Armageddon has some scary moments. It's also a great way to write a zombie novel: as a survivor's journal.
    Yes, indeed Salem's Lot still scares the pants of me. Brilliant book.

Bram Stokers' Dracula did a decent job too once I got into the book. It leaves a lot to your own fantasy.