Happy James Bond Day 2019 !

edited October 2019 in Bond Movies Posts: 19,339
Which film will be your first choice today and why ?

Comments

• ResurrectionResurrection Kolkata, India
    edited October 2019 Posts: 2,541
    Dr No will be on my top list, it's been a while since I watched any bond film and we have festival going on here in India so I have a week off to enjoy. ;)
  • infoviseinfovise Ireland
    Goldfinger will be first for me, haven't seen it in a while. :)
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    A View To A Kill.

Part of my Bondathon, got AVTAK, FYEO and OP to go.
    FYEO. Started watching the film late last night, but too late to finish it. Will be watching the last half later tonight (can't wait for the mountain climbing scene!), and maybe I'll get around to watching another film. OP is due a watch.
  • matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark
    Dr. No.
  • Max_The_ParrotMax_The_Parrot ATAC to St Cyril’s
    Happy JB Day everyone - I think I might go all traditional and give Dr No a whirl today. I do enjoy the second half a lot!
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    edited October 2019 Posts: 12,459

Why not Goldfinger? ;)
    As always with twitter, click into this to see full photos.
  • MartinBondMartinBond Trying not to muck it up again
    We're recording another podcast this afternoon, so once the deck of cards has been shuffled, I'll go and watch whichever one is picked :)
  • BondAficionadoBondAficionado Former IMDBer
    Happy JB Day fellow Bond fans!

Think I might put on AVTAK today.
  • imranbecksimranbecks Singapore
    Happy James Bond Day!

What better way to celebrate than with a drink... Make it a Vesper. Cheers!

48847177108_d0ae7cdcc7_b.jpg
  • edited October 2019 Posts: 1,395
    Happy James Bond day all. Going to continue a bondathon with You Only Live Twice .
    Watched the brilliant OHMSS for the nth time while I commented on how awful the new poster for NTTD was. George was a great Bond in a great Bond film. Off to make a marathon of the first 4 sacred entries in the series now.

Wish I had that good looking Martini in front of me, or 4 of them, @imranbecks. Well done.
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    edited October 2019 Posts: 17,805
    Happy James Bond Day 2019 indeed. It's 57 years ago today that Dr. No premiered at cinemas in the UK.
    Dragonpol wrote: »
    Happy James Bond Day 2019 indeed. It's 57 years ago today that Dr. No premiered at cinemas in the UK.
    Incredible, right? 57 years. More than half a century ago.
    edited October 2019 Posts: 17,805
    Univex wrote: »

I know! It is indeed incredible. Even more incredible is the fact they're still making James Bond films all of these years later. And all thanks to the initial success that was Dr. No and the films that follows it.
  • ResurrectionResurrection Kolkata, India

I know! It is indeed incredible. Even more incredible is the fact they're still making James Bond films all of these years later. And all thanks to the initial success that was Dr. No and the films that follows it.

Best things about that . Dr no is still in my Top 10 bond films which is freaking awesome considering it was release back in 1962.

Best things about that . Dr no is still in my Top 10 bond films which is freaking awesome considering it was release back in 1962.

Yes, it's well up there for me too. An excellent film to start the series with. No messing about either, it just gets on with the job of telling the story well.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    Well, I guess I'll be the only real Bond fan here and admit that for me, EVERY day is Bond day.
    DarthDimi wrote: »
    Well, I guess I'll be the only real Bond fan here and admit that for me, EVERY day is Bond day.

eh eh, quite right. Nicely done.
    Watching a bond film tomorrow
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    Ow nice Japanese plate you got there, @4EverBonded! :)