Do you have any concerns or niggles about NTTD ,or are you full of confidence ?

Comments

• BondStuBondStu Moonraker 6
    Absolutely. I'll be seeing it opening night with my Dad, as I've done for every Bond since 1997. We don't live close to each other anymore, but a new Bond is the time when we travel to meet up and we then go for a few beers afterwards. One of those special evenings.

I can't wait.

@CraigMooreOHMSS - BLESS YOU!!! See people? We've got a NEW BOND movie coming out! THIS is the sort of discussion we should all be having! Not arguing and accusing people of being schizophrenic and all that crazy shit...

We're all here cause we like the same thing right?!?!

@CraigMooreOHMSS you gonna go for sweet or salted popcorn? I'm salted ALL THE WAY.

• 00Agent00Agent Any man who drinks Dom Perignon '52 can't be all bad.
    BondStu wrote: »
    Erm...

In answer to the original question of this thread - I'm just gonna go see this on the night it comes out. Ya know, popcorn, hot dog, fizzy drink. Make an evening out of it. My daughter will probably opt for ice cream and nachos.

So there's your answer. Just looking forward to heading to the cinema, seeing the new Bond flick. If it's good - great! If it's bad... I'm sure there'll be another one along one day to redeem the series. It's always happened before.

As for people accusing each other in here of being this or that... why don't you just wait until you've seen the movie? Might not be any of the stuff you're worried about in it at all!

That sounds fun!

I want to make the screening special for myself. Gonna fly to London and try to get a set at the royal premiere. Meet some friends.

And 100% in agreement on your last paragraph. No need to get personal at all. If you don't like what people are saying, better to ignore them.
    @00Agent - Royal Premiere?!?! Dude... good luck with that! But I'm sure if anyone could do it, you could! :)

Don't have to ignore people... just try and find out WHY they feel like that, you know? Could get an interesting chat out of it. If everyone started ignoring each other then we'd not have this forum would we?

At the end of the day... THESE ARE ONLY MOVIES. If we're gonna get annoyed about something... we should be getting annoyed by stuff that's happening in the real world! Like ME for example... I live in the UK and I've got a stark raving LUNATIC for a Prime Minister and an election coming up! The results of which have the very real possibility of ruining my life!

I'm annoyed about THAT! Not whether No Time To Die has a woman calling herself 007 or some other shit. You know?
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    Absolutely. I'll be seeing it opening night with my Dad, as I've done for every Bond since 1997. We don't live close to each other anymore, but a new Bond is the time when we travel to meet up and we then go for a few beers afterwards. One of those special evenings.

I can't wait.

@CraigMooreOHMSS - BLESS YOU!!! See people? We've got a NEW BOND movie coming out! THIS is the sort of discussion we should all be having! Not arguing and accusing people of being schizophrenic and all that crazy shit...

We're all here cause we like the same thing right?!?!

@CraigMooreOHMSS you gonna go for sweet or salted popcorn? I'm salted ALL THE WAY.

Salted all the way, my dude - extra large. Some Malteasers or Galaxy chocolate on the side. Makes the beers afterwards taste even better.

;)
    Salted all the way, my dude - extra large. Some Malteasers or Galaxy chocolate on the side. Makes the beers afterwards taste even better.

;)

I'm gonna get a large hotdog and DROWN it in mustard and ketchup and those crispy onions you can get. And I'm gonna dip a few bits of my SALTED popcorn in that mustard and ketchup before I get started on that hotdog.

I'm not gonna have my fizzy drink until I know there's only half an hour of the movie left.

That's how I'M doing Bond.

\m/
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland

;)

I'm gonna get a large hotdog and DROWN it in mustard and ketchup and those crispy onions you can get. And I'm gonna dip a few bits of my SALTED popcorn in that mustard and ketchup before I get started on that hotdog.

I'm not gonna have my fizzy drink until I know there's only half an hour of the movie left.

That's how I'M doing Bond.

\m/

You're a man of particular refined taste, so! I hope it all satisfies you!
    @CraigMooreOHMSS I'm going to practice with Star Wars in a couple of weeks! :))
    edited November 2019 Posts: 5,185
    @00Agent - Royal Premiere?!?! Dude... good luck with that! But I'm sure if anyone could do it, you could! :)

Don't have to ignore people... just try and find out WHY they feel like that, you know? Could get an interesting chat out of it. If everyone started ignoring each other then we'd not have this forum would we?

At the end of the day... THESE ARE ONLY MOVIES. If we're gonna get annoyed about something... we should be getting annoyed by stuff that's happening in the real world! Like ME for example... I live in the UK and I've got a stark raving LUNATIC for a Prime Minister and an election coming up! The results of which have the very real possibility of ruining my life!

I'm annoyed about THAT! Not whether No Time To Die has a woman calling herself 007 or some other shit. You know?

I know a guy who made it to the royal premiere on Spectre, so we'll see if i can get a shot ;)

And of course you are right, at the end of the day it's only a movie. Even if this franchise means a lot to me and changed my life (sounds cheesy but it's true).

But i have no control over what's coming at us, so it's not worth fighting or arguing over it, at this point anyway.

I just hope the movie will be awesome and we all get our money's worth.
    @00Agent - doesn't sound cheesy at all mate! I totally get where you're coming from. It means an awful lot to me too.

But we've got to look at why that is! Bond to me... there's just a magic to it. Just something warm and comforting. Like a snug blanket I wrap around myself on a cold night. Losing myself in these stories just gets me out of the stress of real life for a couple of hours.

Then there's the memories. Thinking of what these films meant to us when we were younger. And what they continue to mean to us now!

Sharing them with our kids... I mean... I'm not going to be around forever. But I'm sure they'll still be making these films after I'm gone. And I hope that my daughter will take her kids to see new Bond adventures - and when she does - remember her old Dad with a smile.

So no my friend. Nothing cheesy about it at all. You've got nothing to be embarrassed about. Cause I tell you something - I feel the same way.
    edited November 2019 Posts: 5,185
    @00Agent - doesn't sound cheesy at all mate! I totally get where you're coming from. It means an awful lot to me too.

But we've got to look at why that is! Bond to me... there's just a magic to it. Just something warm and comforting. Like a snug blanket I wrap around myself on a cold night. Losing myself in these stories just gets me out of the stress of real life for a couple of hours.

Then there's the memories. Thinking of what these films meant to us when we were younger. And what they continue to mean to us now!

Sharing them with our kids... I mean... I'm not going to be around forever. But I'm sure they'll still be making these films after I'm gone. And I hope that my daughter will take her kids to see new Bond adventures - and when she does - remember her old Dad with a smile.

So no my friend. Nothing cheesy about it at all. You've got nothing to be embarrassed about. Cause I tell you something - I feel the same way.

Thanks Bro :)
    Yes, tons of childhood memories, the games, the films, the escapism, the fantasies really.

And because of that, every decision i made in my life for the last 5 years was informed by Bond, and that's why i am traveling the world and living the Bond life as much as i am right now. If i didn't had that inspiration in my life i would be sitting in some village and be miserable.
    00Agent wrote: »

Thanks Bro :)
    Yes, tons of childhood memories, the games, the films, the escapism, the fantasies really.

And because of that, every decision i made in my life for the last 5 years was informed by Bond, and that's why i am traveling the world and living the Bond life as much as i am right now. If i didn't had that inspiration in my life i would be sitting in some village and be miserable.

I wouldn't want Bond's life. No sir.
    I am afraid with the director and main writer, the movie will be too utilitarian and American.
    I am afraid with the director and main writer, the movie will be too utilitarian and American.

Actually a compelling observation. I hadn’t realized that.

Maybe something to do with SP reception in the US
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    edited November 2019 Posts: 5,869
    Tuck91 wrote: »

Actually a compelling observation. I hadn’t realized that. Maybe something to do with SP reception in the US
    That won’t be the case. Just watch the Jane Eyre film that Fukunaga directed. As for Scott Z. Burns, he’s a very talented writer who could only benefit this film imo. Just think about all the British writers/directors who have written for American films.
  • ResurrectionResurrection Kolkata, India

Not an Issue for me to be honest but got me thinking why did they add a song(boom shot dis) in jaimaica BTS video. I don't think it happened before, there will be a lot of first times by the time this film will be released. A lot of things happening the very first in a bond film with this one.
  • edited November 2019 Posts: 1,680
    About 120 days until release and no teaser trailer or regular trailer

They should’ve released something in November.
  • MakeshiftPythonMakeshiftPython “Baja?!”

Funnily, I thought TND/TWINE/DAD felt too Americanized for a Bond film.
  • RC7RC7

Slow day on the ward today?
    RC7 wrote: »

Slow day on the ward today?

Don’t know , is it?
  • DenbighDenbigh UK

Not an Issue for me to be honest but got me thinking why did they add a song(boom shot dis) in jaimaica BTS video. I don't think it happened before, there will be a lot of first times by the time this film will be released. A lot of things happening the very first in a bond film with this one.
    It’s hugely refreshing imo :) It would’ve been standard to just stick the theme tune in there but I think the use of that song spoke to how fresh and new this film we be, hopefully anyway haha, but with that talent involved I think that’ll be the case :D
  • ResurrectionResurrection Kolkata, India
    Denbigh wrote: »

It’s hugely refreshing imo :) It would’ve been standard to just stick the theme tune in there but I think the use of that song spoke to how fresh and new this film we be, hopefully anyway haha, but with that talent involved I think that’ll be the case :D

Yes it was actually cool still I am waiting for some more BTS footage where the whole cast talks about the film and we get to see some BTS of cinematography. I must say they did a pretty smart thing by not including much spoiler in first BTS video.
  • suavejmfsuavejmf Harrogate, North Yorkshire, England
    The female 007 angle and #metoo potential angles worry and bore me. Other than than I'm hoping for a return to form with a tone more akin to CR than SP.
  • edited November 2019 Posts: 6,677
    suavejmf wrote: »
    The female 007 angle and #metoo potential angles worry and bore me. Other than than I'm hoping for a return to form with a tone more akin to CR than SP.

+1. Must admit that those are my worries and expectations. The films which have played to the social/sexual/political agendas tunes have been very poor films, IMO. They seem to loose all logic and even remove factual historical accuracy altogether in order to put supremacist and frankly embarrassing narratives in the front of intelligent scripts. What is even more jarring is that important issues are being made ridiculous by this extremist and frankly very hysterical approach.

That being said, I still hope NTTD is a well written film with a brand new cool story in which our man Bond is himself till the end, whatever the end turns out to be. Still very hopeful here.
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead

Yep.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    My only concern is that audiences (mainly more intense Bond fans) aren't going to give the film a chance. A lot of people will have made their minds up before they've even bought their popcorn, and sometimes that means they can't be swayed... and I'm also worried about all those audiences out there who will only really praise a film or say they enjoy it if it's got a Marvel logo in front of it. These occurrences don't apply to everyone but they're out there guys, and they're ready to crap on it without a fair shot...
    edited November 2019 Posts: 373
    Sorry guys - I see way too much overthinking in this thread. Come on dudes, a lot of people are worrying about stuff that might not even happen! The film is... what... six months away? Carry on like this and some of y'all may be gibbering wrecks by the time it opens!

To my fellow Brits in here... aren't you more worried about what's gonna happen on 12th December? Cause I know I bloody am! I ain't gonna get worked up about a movie right now with THAT mod edit on the horizon!
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    Birdleson wrote: »
    My only concern is that audiences (mainly more intense Bond fans) aren't going to give the film a chance. A lot of people will have made their minds up before they've even bought their popcorn, and sometimes that means they can't be swayed... and I'm also worried about all those audiences out there who will only really praise a film or say they enjoy it if it's got a Marvel logo in front of it. These occurrences don't apply to everyone but they're out there guys, and they're ready to crap on it without a fair shot...
    Why would you care what anyone else thinks if you like it? I never get that.
    Oh don’t get me wrong I feel that way too, and at the end of the day if I enjoy it then it doesn’t matter, but I just find these kind of approaches from audiences unfair on the people making the films, and completely undermines everything they’ve achieved...

...but you’re right @Birdleson, I am getting too caught up in what the naysayers think :) Bring on April 2nd! Although I will say this being my only concern speaks to how much I trust that this film is going to be good :)
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    My only concern is that audiences (mainly more intense Bond fans) aren't going to give the film a chance.
    All we are say-ing... is give B a chance.

6e751de8137720500b39290542a92d60c4dd320c.png

• LeonardPineLeonardPine The Bar on the Beach
    edited November 2019 Posts: 3,985
    Sorry guys - I see way too much overthinking in this thread. Come on dudes, a lot of people are worrying about stuff that might not even happen! The film is... what... six months away? Carry on like this and some of y'all may be gibbering wrecks by the time it opens!

To my fellow Brits in here... aren't you more worried about what's gonna happen on 12th December? Cause I know I bloody am! I ain't gonna get worked up about a movie right now with THAT mod edit on the horizon!

This is a James Bond website. There are plenty of other places for political discussion.
  • royale65royale65 Caustic misanthrope reporting for duty.
    I'm full of confidence. I haven't read anything about NTTD's production. Maybe ignorance is bliss?