Pierce Brosnan lets it all hang out in Hawaii

2»

Comments

• I don't know about Van Gogh, but I think we all felt like cutting off our ears after hearing Brosnan's last Bond theme music

and yes, Mr Brosnan does look well for a man approaching his sixties now, and no disrespect to anyone 60 or over by that. He appears to be deep in thought
  • edited November 2011 Posts: 2,598
    LeChiffre wrote:
    That sign in the last picture should read: Warning: Flabby waistline. IMO he looked a little old in DAD so not sure he could have continued unless he poked fun at his age like Connery in NSNA. Still looked better than Moore in View to a Kill.

I felt he looked particularly old in that scene when he was having a quick look at the diamonds after Jinx had just dived off the cliff. He looked up and his face exhibited this expression that made him look older than he did in the rest of the film.

"And i feel the same about craig, he's really aging faster than brosnan was."

I don't really think Craig looks much older now than he did in CR. I felt Brosnan aged quickly during his tenure as Bond but now the process seems to have slowed down. It was the same with Connery. Playing Bond must really take it out of you!

To be fair, Brosnan does have bit of a pot and his waistline is a bit on the flabby side. I think he drinks too many pints but as long as he is enjoying himself... My father turns 65 on the 26th of this month and he doesn't have a gut like Bond no. 5.

• HASEROTHASEROT has returned like the tedious inevitability of an unloved season---
    edited November 2011 Posts: 4,399
    i personally can't stand when websites post up actors "before and after" - when it comes to weight and age... a website did it with Roger Moore - showing his "before" when he was in his 40s - and his "after" is him in swim trunks in his 80s, obviously he's put on some weight with age... but to post it in an "eww, look at this" manner....... the man is in his 80s, let him be for god's sake....

i feel the same with Pierce here - he's almost 60.. does he have a bit of a pouch? sure - but jeez, he's still in better shape than 99% of all us fat americans lol... he looks good - not that i would or should think differently, because i probably out weigh him by a good 200 lbs. lol
  • DiscoVolanteDiscoVolante Stockholm, Sweden
    He looks good & healthy to me.
  • St_GeorgeSt_George Shuttling Drax's lovelies to the space doughnut - happy 40th, MR!
    He's not Bond anymore and he's middle-aged. Who cares?

And, given he's probably got more money than all of us added together, why would he...? ;)
  • AT THE AGE OF 58 HE LOOKS VERY GOOD AND COULD EASILY PLAY THE CLASSIC AGENT ACTUALLY MORE ACCURATELY IN THE MODERN ERA. A MOVIE WITH PIERCE AS A GADGET LADEN BOND WOULD BE GREAT!!!!
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    edited November 2011 Posts: 23,524
    Virage wrote:
    @DarthDimi You like horror films...... I've got a new one for you.

I don't know, sir. I don't think Brosnan looks all that bad TBH. There are sparks of Bond left in this body. Shape him up a bit and who knows... ;;)
    lutbond wrote:
    AT THE AGE OF 58 HE LOOKS VERY GOOD AND COULD EASILY PLAY THE CLASSIC AGENT ACTUALLY MORE ACCURATELY IN THE MODERN ERA. A MOVIE WITH PIERCE AS A GADGET LADEN BOND WOULD BE GREAT!!!!

No need for the caps, sir.

• Fair play to the man, he's happy, carved out somewhat of a film career post Bond and has a lovely wife/family.
    Can't be bad at all if you can say you have all that at 58.