NO TIME TO DIE (2021) - Discuss Hans Zimmer's Score

Comments

• Honestly that tweet was probably bogus, but it was fun to speculate for a while.

I think that same account said Rooney Mara was going to be in NTTD or something to that effect.
    So as far as we know Dan Romer is doing it? I don’t think EON ever said so, but Romer tweeted about it a while back.
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    FoxRox wrote: »
    So as far as we know Dan Romer is doing it? I don’t think EON ever said so, but Romer tweeted about it a while back.

He confirmed it himself, yeah. I think his name was on one of the EON scripted press releases too, shortly after.
    Yes, Romer was confirmed. Then JBR floated a rumor they'd heard that he'd left the production. All quiet since. And apparently there was a Tweet suggesting Nicholas Britell was now on board?
  • MakeshiftPythonMakeshiftPython “Baja?!”
    AgentM72 wrote: »
    Yes, Romer was confirmed. Then JBR floated a rumor they'd heard that he'd left the production. All quiet since. And apparently there was a Tweet suggesting Nicholas Britell was now on board?

Pretty much. We’ll really know nothing new until something is officially stated.

Not on board, but was allegedly being pursued.

Romer's still our guy for this one, I think. At least until we see full credits on a piece of marketing that says otherwise.
    Thanks! Time will tell, I suppose.
    Thanks! Time will tell, I suppose.

Here's hoping for a great score, either way!
    I would be much more excited by Britell.
    Romer doesn't appear to have ever done anything I find particularly good. Although he did produce:

Maybe the two of them are going to work together.
    vzok wrote: »
    Maybe the two of them are going to work together.

Sort of a Howard-Zimmer Batman Begins approach. Interesting idea.
  • MalloryMallory Do mosquitoes have friends?
    David Arnold has confirmed.....

He isnt doing the soundtrack

https://twitter.com/davidgarnold/status/1202285912081805324?s=21

Still holding out on a glorious Tom Newman return, to finish his trilogy 😁
  • edited December 2019 Posts: 17,280
    You had me all excited for half a second there, @Mallory
    edited December 2019 Posts: 8,025
    Just imagine if EON decided to use previous cues of Newman’s Bond scores for NTTD like they did with Arnold’s “The Name is Bond”.
  • DeerAtTheGatesDeerAtTheGates Belgium
    edited December 2019 Posts: 524
    Just imagine if EON decided to use previous cues of Newman’s Bond scores for NTTD like they did with Arnold’s “The Name is Bond”.

It isn't hard to do, even.
    Bond visiting
    Vesper's grave?
    We got a theme for that.
    Madeleine? We got a theme for that.
    Q? We got a theme for that.
    A reference to CR or SF? We got themes for that.
    Spectre returning? We got a theme for that.
    Judi Dench makes another cameo? We got a theme for that.
    Bond being Bond? We got a theme for that.
  • Well, won't hold out any hope for Arnold any longer then. As said, wish for a great 007 soundtrack whoever ends up composing it.
  • WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service

It isn't hard to do, even.
    Bond visiting
    Vesper's grave?
    We got a theme for that.
    Madeleine? We got a theme for that.
    Q? We got a theme for that.
    A reference to CR or SF? We got themes for that.
    Spectre returning? We got a theme for that.
    Judi Dench makes another cameo? We got a theme for that.
    Bond being Bond? We got a theme for that.

Not sure why they hired Romer in first place, the full score could be made up of previous films' tracks ;)

Nah, kidding aside, I really hope we'll hear Vesper and Madeleine's themes (assuming the former is mentioned somehow).
    Was that Dan Romers music in the trailer?
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    fjdinardo wrote: »
    Was that Dan Romers music in the trailer?

No, Pfeifer Broz.
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    I've been watching for an isolated version of the trailer music. Some sound effects, no dialog here.
    James Bond 007 No Time to Die Trailer 1 Music (Music Trailer Version) (Exclusive, not the final version)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZ5DqfVnnuU

Plus this "cover" is excellent listening.
    JAMES BOND 007: No Time To Die | Official Trailer Music Cover
    Roland Mair-Gruber - Composer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t-Nyq37W_cc

I've been watching for an isolated version of the trailer music. Some sound effects, no dialog here.
    James Bond 007 No Time to Die Trailer 1 Music (Music Trailer Version) (Exclusive, not the final version)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZ5DqfVnnuU

Plus this "cover" is excellent listening.
    JAMES BOND 007: No Time To Die | Official Trailer Music Cover
    Roland Mair-Gruber - Composer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t-Nyq37W_cc

Those are great. Thanks for sharing.
  • HASEROTHASEROT has returned like the tedious inevitability of an unloved season---

why not? it would be just as lazy as Newman recycling the score for SF for half of SP's
  • HASEROTHASEROT has returned like the tedious inevitability of an unloved season---
    i have never heard of Dan Romer before, so i had to look him up - was really intrigued by the fact that he did the music for Far Cry 5.. so is this the very first Bond composer who has done a video game first?... brave new world lol..

having listened to a few of his cues from Far Cry, i am excited to see what he can bring to the table - he seems to have his own unique flavor - there are times i can hear some Thomas Newman mixed with a little David Arnold, and there are times i can hear a little Eric Serra lol.. so trying to nail down exactly what his Bond could sound like is tricky... but i can't wait.
  • NickTwentyTwoNickTwentyTwo Vancouver, BC, Canada
    I think I’m the only one who would be excited about a little more Eric Serra in this era :P but if the trailer music is the work of Romer then I’m excited for what is to come!
    edited December 2019 Posts: 8,025
    DJCLE84 wrote: »

why not? it would be just as lazy as Newman recycling the score for SF for half of SP's

@DJCLE84 Newman didn’t recycle anything, that was all Sam Mendes and Lee Smith liking the temp tracks they used for the rough cut and deciding to keep them in instead of having Newman write new material.

This false narrative that Newman lazily recycled his work needs to ****ing die.
    I think I’m the only one who would be excited about a little more Eric Serra in this era :P but if the trailer music is the work of Romer then I’m excited for what is to come!

Serra's GE score has grown on me a ton; I was actually listening to some tracks earlier tonight.
  • NickTwentyTwoNickTwentyTwo Vancouver, BC, Canada

Serra's GE score has grown on me a ton; I was actually listening to some tracks earlier tonight.

Whispers / Two Faced is some serious musical magic IMO.
    Trading Serra for a hack fraud like David Arnold is one of the greatest tragedies of this film series.

I’m only half joking.
  • edited December 2019 Posts: 12,269

Whispers / Two Faced is some serious musical magic IMO.

Agreed; that's one of my favorite ones. The piano is so nice. The Overture is definitely one of the best tracks too. I even love A Pleasant Drive Through St. Petersburg. Used to not be able to stand it, now I like it a lot. Serra's score was one of the series' most unique, and it really adds to the film's charm for me. I love it.
  • GadgetManGadgetMan Lagos, Nigeria
    edited December 2019 Posts: 4,247
    I think Romer is closer to Serra than Newman. But then again, it depends on which Bond Composer Romer finds inspiring. We all hope it's John Barry, George Martin & David Arnold.