Flemingiana and Bond cars at Jack Barclay Bentley

Agent_99Agent_99 enjoys a spirited ride as much as the next girl
edited June 2019 in Literary 007 Posts: 3,106
This week, Jack Barclay Bentley in Mayfair have been displaying a mouthwatering collection of Fleming books, including items from his personal library, alongside a Blower Bentley (CR - MR) and a Mark VI (MR). I went along on Friday afternoon with my friend M. and Ed Biddulph of James Bond Food, as an aperitif before seeing LTK in the evening. (It was quite a day, yes.)

Imagine our surprise, or not, when we walked into the dealership and straight into Ajay 'Some Kind of Hero' Chowdhury, @CatchingBullets and other luminaries of the literary Bond scene :)

We were obviously not about to buy a car or even a Bentley USB stick (£45) but the staff were very nice to us and gave us exhibition catalogues. We tried not to get in the way of serious purchasers.

Artistic Licence Renewed offers a better writeup than I could manage, but here are some photos:

285990_600.jpg

286351_600.jpg

286701_600.jpg

286971_600.jpg

287299_600.jpg

287698_600.jpg

287792_600.jpg

288004_600.jpg

288679_600.jpg

288954_600.jpg

Comments

• RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    Bottled in Bond (James)!

Fantastic stuff, @Agent_99.
  • DoctorNoDoctorNo USA-Maryland
    Fantastic stuff, @Agent_99.
    Seconded. Love that Moonraker ad. TY.
  • Agent_99Agent_99 enjoys a spirited ride as much as the next girl
    The Moonraker ad was my favourite thing! I love old advertisements for anything, so it pleased me a lot.
    That's down the road from where I work on Albemarle Street,literally 3 mins away !!
    edited June 2019 Posts: 3,106
    Yet you missed it!? I hardly ever go to that end of town as I'm a committed Sarf of the River dweller :)
    Agent_99 wrote: »
    Yet you missed it!? I hardly ever go to that end of town as I'm a committed Sarf of the River dweller :)

I have been away in the Philippines for 2.5 weeks so I didn't know !!! ~X(
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    The Moonraker ad was my favourite thing! I love old advertisements for anything, so it pleased me a lot.

Yes, it is a thing of beauty. I remember seeing a picture of it online years ago that I saved to my computer. It's a great little promotional item, of my favourite Bond novel to boot.
    barryt007 wrote: »

Oh, well, if you will go jetting off to paradise...
    barryt007 wrote: »

Oh, well, if you will go jetting off to paradise...

Haha one tries ;)
  • CatchingBulletsCatchingBullets facebook.com/catchingbullets
    A small but brilliant collection with some truly special jewels in the mix and all in a rather apt location. And extra marks for bumping into some good Bond fans on their way to Isthmus City and an anniversary screening of LICENCE TO KILL.