Rami Malek - Discussion

So….another Academy Award-winning actor.

Rami Malek is a seriously talented actor. He has a terrifically creepy, odd and kinda camp vibe. I’m really into it.

Who do we think he’s playing? I imagine he’s playing some kind of Elon Musk-type working alongside the scientist.

Comments

• edited April 2019 Posts: 17,280
    Having seen him in a few parts over the years, I'm very excited that they've landed Malek for a (main) villain part. Really looking forward to see what he brings to the screen; hopefully a slightly larger than life character – but not too over the top. A character with a bit of flair.

I wouldn't be surprised to see him play an Elon Musk-type of character either @Pierce2Daniel – or a modern-day kind of Max Zorin, who too happened to be a younger villain against an older Bond.

Even though this thread is about Malek, I must say that I'm also very much looking forward to (finally) see David Dencik in a Bond film. They've done well with the casting this time around.

Edit (from @antovolk 's post on the Bond 25 Production Diary):
    "Rami Malek has already done some Norway stuff."

Brilliant casting. Loved him in Mr. Robot. I've been advocating for him since the beginning.
  • edited April 2019 Posts: 17,280
    Univex wrote: »
    Brilliant casting. Loved him in Mr. Robot. I've been advocating for him since the beginning.

I think a few (if not all) doubters will be in for a pleasant surprise with Malek! Hope Fukunaga and the writers have created a good character for him.
  • edited April 2019 Posts: 6,677

I think a few (if not all) doubters will be in for a pleasant surprise with Malek! Hope Fukunaga and the writers have created a good character for him.

He seems to like it. And has been doing quite the research on cinema villains. He'll be brilliant, I'm sure. The part I liked him the least was as Freddie, actually. He's a genius in Mr. Robot, though. This guy has a golden globe, a bafta, and a bloody oscar. And he still remains humble, honest, and doing his homework. That's something, right?

He seems to like it. And has been doing quite the research on cinema villains. He'll be brilliant, I'm sure. The part I liked him the least was as Freddie, actually. He's a genius in Mr. Robot, though. This guy has a golden globe, a bafta, and a bloody oscar. And he still remains humble, honest, and doing his homework. That's something, right?

That's definitely something. And if he can bring his excitement for the role to the screen, we might be in for a great villain for Bond 25.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    Guys, please don't take this the wrong way but without anything too concrete about Rami Malek's casting, can we please continue this conversation in the B25 production thread? Thank you.
This discussion has been closed.