No Time to Die production thread

Comments

• RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    Nice choice of seats, @Mallory.

WW84 opens 25 December here in the US, I'll probably see it the 26th or later. Glad you enjoyed the film, looking forward to it AND the trailer. (It only played once out of three Tenet theater viewings for me. I'm thinking the odds are improved at this point.)

• MalloryMallory Do mosquitoes have friends?
    ToTheRight wrote: »
    Mallory wrote: »
    @ToTheRight I dont think so. To be honest, there wasnt much of an audience, maybe 8 people total, myself included. It was a lunchtime screening but am sad cinema attendance is so low. The cinema had all its covid compliant regs in order as well.

That's too bad. I remember seeing LTK in the cinema with an audience of about 8 people. Had Tenet had a packed house as per normal I'm sure there might have been some audience response to the Bond trailer.
    The GoldenEye trailer brought about an enormous cheer, especially after a six year Bond absence.

We also had imax trailers for Top Gun Maverick, Black Widow and Fast & Furious 9. So they still seem to be cinema releases in the UK, but who knows when.
    ToTheRight wrote: »
    @ToTheRight I dont think so. To be honest, there wasnt much of an audience, maybe 8 people total, myself included. It was a lunchtime screening but am sad cinema attendance is so low. The cinema had all its covid compliant regs in order as well.

That's too bad. I remember seeing LTK in the cinema with an audience of about 8 people. Had Tenet had a packed house as per normal I'm sure there might have been some audience response to the Bond trailer.
    The GoldenEye trailer brought about an enormous cheer, especially after a six year Bond absence.

We also had imax trailers for Top Gun Maverick, Black Widow and Fast & Furious 9. So they still seem to be cinema releases in the UK, but who knows when.

Those trailers just have looked great on the big screen. It seems like forever since I've been to the cinema. I may go see something when I get some free time. If anything just to see the NTTD trailer.
  • DonnyDB5DonnyDB5 Buffalo, New York
    NTTD will be my first movie to see in the cinema since this all started. All the more significant to me.
  • ContrabandContraband Sweden
    Dutch magazine Gentlemens Watch out now

Don't have a clue where to find it
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    edited December 2020 Posts: 4,442
    Moost of time those are if avaible in the more luxery book stores with more magazines. But those book stores are closed now till after 19 January 2021. The price of those magzines can be very expensive. This one i expect it cost € 5,95. It is number 75 and number 74 and earlier also cost 5,95. I have one around the time of Skyfall when it was stil named ''Watch'' https://www.45worlds.com/magazine/issue/watch-00042 and that one also cost me 5,95. Another magazine ''Esquire'' around that time same price.
    M_Balje wrote: »
    Moost of time those are if avaible in the more luxery book stores with more magazines. But those book stores are closed now till after 19 January 2021. The price of those magzines can be very expensive. This one i expect it cost € 5,95. It is number 75 and number 74 and earlier also cost 5,95. I have one around the time of Skyfall when it was stil named ''Watch'' https://www.45worlds.com/magazine/issue/watch-00042 and that one also cost me 5,95. Another magazine ''Esquire'' around that time same price.

Ok. Thanks for the info. Good to know how it works.
  • edited December 2020 Posts: 9,770
    belleswann wrote: »
    mtm wrote: »
    The ones you don't like you think don't even count as Bond girls? That seems odd. It's a bit someone denying that the Lotus Esprit is a Bond car because they don't like mid-engined cars.
    Hmm I didn't exactly say that.

I said from what I've seen Nomi is not presented as a Bond Girl. I said more like a Leiter character, or now I'd say even closer to a Saunders type competing with or outright harassing Bond. At least initially arguing with Bond and obstructing him.

• Bond Girl status is qualified by appearance, actions/activity.
    • Every prominent female role is considered a Bond Girl.

So which approach applies prejudice.

She's a main Bond woman; she gets top line billing just like every other one.

How many bit-part actresses who don't get lines and just sit around looking pretty have been called 'Bond girls' over the years? Do you look through this book and cross the pages off saying "not a Bond girl, not a Bond girl, Bond girl, not a Bond girl, ... "
    :D

515K5D59VQL._SX342_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

I guess it comes down to the label of "Bond Girl", what it means exactly, and why it's needed at all. It seems like characters like Camille and now Nomi are blurring the lines, which is a great thing.

I'll ask my question to you again: you said Camille is a "Bond Girl", yet Nomi is not; where are the differences here that grant Camille this "title", but not Nomi?
    That's my take on how the Camille character is presented, as a potential love interest for Bond whether or not that's consummated.

That's a pretty strange definition then. A Bond woman can be someone you think he might have potentially shagged, even though he most certainly didn't, but in Nomi's case that's unimaginable, even though we don't actually know if he does or not.

Is it not just easier to go with the more standard definition i.e. a relatively young and attractive actress in a Bond movie is a Bond girl/woman?
    If your referring to “women being treated as sexual objects”, hopefully there are zero.

I must say I slightly lose respect for Seydoux every time she does another photoshoot in skimpy outfits (or as we see this time, no outfit at all)- she does seem to use herself as a sex object quite a lot. That's her choice and everything, but it always strikes me how much cooler Lynch seems to be in hers.
    I think a large part of the Bond fandom *wants* Paloma to be one of these “Bond girls” because they fit their idea of what an attractive woman looks like, and it seems, very unfortunately, Lashana does not.

Yeah it does feel a bit that way.

I think it's a really tasteful picture and she looks beautiful. It is her choice and I don't think she should be judged for it, nudity isn't anything to be ashamed of and she shouldn't be less respected for it.

I just think it's a bit of a shame she seems to feel she has to resort to reveal her figure and trying to titilate all the time. It's fine if she wants to do that, but equally it's my choice who I respect, not anyone else's.

I don't think she is trying to titilate anyone. It is up to you but I don't remember you losing respect for Daniel when he was shirtless in GQ

It's a fair point, but it's not every single shoot with him. And it's not like men face quite the same problems that women do in terms of being objectified: men and women aren't equal.

But it's that reason why women do more nudity than men because it is expected

That's not a good thing though.
    and it isn't every shoot with Lea she has been on around a dozen magazines this year and this is the only one

I don't think so; they're always getting posted here (maybe more the in thread about 007 women) and all of her shoots have seemed sexualised to me, this is something I've been feeling for a while every time one appears. This is the first one I've seen where she's not wearing anything at all, but all of the rest I've seen getting posted here have featured her in skimpies or wearing extremely tight clothes.
    but my point is it wouldn't matter if it was every one for her or daniel craig because it's nothing either should feel ashamed of if they feel comfortable doing it and not exploited, men are never criticized as much as women for it because no, men and women are not treated equally.

Yes, true, I just think it's a shame.
    It would be a good thing if men and women were viewed evenly but they are not and if you think her shoots have been sexualized and she wears tight clothes then so have Ana's and Daniel and Lashana's to a lesser extent, and in regards to tight clothing welcome to Craig's Skyfall wardrobe.

All true, but your point is a mystery to me.

My point is Lea shouldn't be judged or less respected for posing nude or wearing tight clothes which I really didn't think needed pointing out in this day and age.

wait people are judging Lea for posting pics semi nude... personally I feel she should do it MORE often!
    DonnyDB5 wrote: »

Yes sir. Links posted yesterday in box office thread

And Merry Christmas Donny :-)
  • DonnyDB5DonnyDB5 Buffalo, New York
    Contraband wrote: »
    DonnyDB5 wrote: »

Yes sir. Links posted yesterday in box office thread

And Merry Christmas Donny :-)

Merry Christmas to you as well!
    edited December 2020 Posts: 3,018
    2kPtJSH.png

Daniel made a secret cameo - as a horse - on BBC's Comic Relief Does Cinderella

The only clip I found so far with him wearing the mask

Full event if you have access:
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/p091mf37/cinderella-a-comic-relief-pantomime-for-christmas

• TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    Contraband wrote: »
    2kPtJSH.png

Daniel made a secret cameo - as a horse - on BBC's Comic Relief Does Cinderella

The only clip I found so far with him wearing the mask

Full event if you have access:
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/p091mf37/cinderella-a-comic-relief-pantomime-for-christmas

Daniel got a little bold here and showed us a little more of the house!

Plus...I think I see the exotic, mesmerizing Anya Taylor-Joy!!!! Anya: potential future Bond girl, yes?
  • Red_SnowRed_Snow Australia
    Ben Collins: 'I’d choose Daniel Craig as my road trip buddy every time'
    https://telegraph.co.uk/travel/celebrity-interviews/ben-collins-choose-daniel-craig-road-trip-buddy-every-time/

I was out in Matera, Italy, doing the Bond film No Time to Die – which was pretty exciting. Matera is an ancient site in the Sassi area of southern Italy, and it’s more than 10,000 years old. There are these incredible ancient cathedrals and churches built into the rock. It’s thought to be the third oldest city in the world and people lived in caves there.
    I didn’t get to paint the town red with Daniel Craig, no

Instead, we stayed close to Matera and got to explore these incredible underground restaurants and about 20 different places selling ice cream – though I don’t think Daniel was eating much of the stuff. He was doing so much training that I scarcely saw him, and I was very much attached to the second unit. I’m sure he would have loved an ice cream, but he has to keep in shape.

I left Thailand just before lockdown

... having shot a Bond-related DHL commercial out there, so we went to Bangkok, which was amazing as I’ve never been there before. They knock out the most incredible street food, but there was some really dumb stuff, too – like dried insects, which I avoided like the plague.

[...] I’d choose Daniel Craig over Jeremy Clarkson

... as my road trip partner every time. Why? I suspect Daniel has got way better taste in music than Jeremy – and he’s a good driver, too. He’d be a good companion and a safe pair of hands. If you got stuck in a car with Jeremy, you would be in for a never ending soundtrack of Pink Floyd or The Who.
  • marketto007marketto007 Brazil
    edited December 2020 Posts: 4,554

It's still so surreal to see/hear Johnny Marr's involvement with James Bond. (At this stage in his career!) The Smiths helped get me through my late teens...about 34-35 years ago!
    Wow.

Christopher Nolan needs to direct a Bond film right now! Also, notice the suit he is wearing!!
  • NickTwentyTwoNickTwentyTwo Vancouver, BC, Canada
    Wow.

Christopher Nolan needs to direct a Bond film right now! Also, notice the suit he is wearing!!

I'd love it if he did.
  • Junglist_1985Junglist_1985 Los Angeles
    Wow.

God please No. Nolan’s characters are so lifeless. He’s a clearly brilliant mind, but decides fills his movies with rapid fire dialogue and never allows the film to breathe. I never care to watch his movies more than 1-2x. It works for Batman, but I just saw Tenet and have zero interest in paining through the puzzle again.
  • MSL49MSL49 Finland
    I think TDK is still the best Nolan movie for me.
    Not even a new photo from EON for Christmas, meh...
    Wow.

God please No. Nolan’s characters are so lifeless. He’s a clearly brilliant mind, but decides fills his movies with rapid fire dialogue and never allows the film to breathe. I never care to watch his movies more than 1-2x. It works for Batman, but I just saw Tenet and have zero interest in paining through the puzzle again.

Agreed. I've never understood why anyone would want Nolan to direct a Bond film. His homage to OHMSS in Inception was tepid at best compared to the original.
  • delfloria wrote: »
    Wow.

Agreed. I've never understood why anyone would want Nolan to direct a Bond film. His homage to OHMSS in Inception was tepid at best compared to the original.

I’m not sure I’d call his OHMSS homage in Inception “tepid”, I agree it’s nothing compared to the original, but it was a nice little bit that I liked about the film.

People want Nolan to direct a Bond film because of all of the homages he’s had to Bond in his films, and really that’s about it. I’m kind of split on the idea of him directing a Bond film, on one hand, I’d find it interesting to see what he’d do with the series, and what direction he’d go in. On the other hand, I recognize Nolan as having plenty of excesses as a director, and seeing as how Sam Mendes’ tenure with the franchise already polarizes people (including myself), I’m not sure if Nolan would fare any better.
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    I note Christopher Nolan has clearly never made a Bond film. He's been inventive with films like Memento and Inception and now Tenet, remade the Norwegian thriller Insomnia, plus had great action success with the Dark Knight films.

To me those talents could be aligned into a great Bond film with the classic elements. He's expressed interest in the idea, and I don't think his intent would be to ignore or stray far from the history of the character. And the producers wouldn't allow it anyway, their role is to keep the train on the tracks.

• GadgetManGadgetMan Lagos, Nigeria
    Would SP had been a better Bond film, if Nolan directed it? Of course! Not that he was going to do the Brother thing, but I dare say if he did it, we would have bought it. Plus I don't know how many directors pay intense attention to their film score like Nolan.
  • matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark
    Even tho Tenet ended up being an atrocious experience Nolan is a great director, but I hate the idea of him helming a Bond film.
    edited December 2020 Posts: 4,554
    GadgetMan wrote: »
    Would SP had been a better Bond film, if Nolan directed it? Of course! Not that he was going to do the Brother thing, but I dare say if he did it, we would have bought it. Plus I don't know how many directors pay intense attention to their film score like Nolan.

It would be interesting if Nolan could have saved that script. The "brother" issue was not the main problem with the film; it was the entire third act.

Nolan likely would have brought in Zimmer to score SP. I have to say, after hearing his score for WW84, I am not as excited about Zimmer/Bond as many others. I was quite pleased with Newman's effort on SP. It wasn't nearly as good as SF, but it still produced some excellent tracks. In many ways, Newman's score has become one of the best parts of SP...the opening, Lucia's theme, Madeleine's theme, and the L'Americain theme worked well. And the instrumental arrangement of "Writing's on the Wall," which transitioned into Bond and Madeleine being left in the desert (a great moment) worked well, too. So it's difficult for me to see the film without hearing Newman's textures. He's a punching bag on these boards (not sure why) but I liked a lot of his work on SP.

Isn't there a separate thread for who should/could direct a Bond film?
  • Agent_Zero_OneAgent_Zero_One Ireland
    I liked Tenet, but I can remember... almost nothing about it? It wasn't anything particularly special to me.
  • MalloryMallory Do mosquitoes have friends?
    @TripAces Not to derail the thread even further, but I agree wholeheartedly with your comments r.e. Newman. Yes it is a bit jarring and somewhat disappointing when the SF action cues reappear in SP (the character themes I understand) but that was a Mendes / Lee Smith decision, not Newman’s.

As for Zimmer, so far he has said the right things r.e. Respect for Barry and the sound of the franchise, the need to tie the soundtrack and title song together so I await hearing it before any judgement, but signs are good.
    @TripAces Not to derail the thread even further, but I agree wholeheartedly with your comments r.e. Newman. Yes it is a bit jarring and somewhat disappointing when the SF action cues reappear in SP (the character themes I understand) but that was a Mendes / Lee Smith decision, not Newman’s.

As for Zimmer, so far he has said the right things r.e. Respect for Barry and the sound of the franchise, the need to tie the soundtrack and title song together so I await hearing it before any judgement, but signs are good.

No doubt. I just know with Zimmer, I feel it's hit and miss. Some of his recent scores are excellent (loved BR2049) and others not so much. I'm hoping NTTD hits the mark.