No Time to Die production thread

Comments

• DonnyDB5DonnyDB5 Buffalo, New York
    So Primo must work for SPECTRE & not Safin I’m guessing?
  • matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark
    DonnyDB5 wrote: »
    So Primo must work for SPECTRE & not Safin I’m guessing?

Perhaps after 5 years he became Safin's main man inside the organization.
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    .....while Ash became his man in the CIA.

Yes exactly. I’m pretty curious to find out the role Blofeld plays in all this and the nature of his connection with Safin.
    matt_u wrote: »

Yes exactly. I’m pretty curious to find out the role Blofeld plays in all this and the nature of his connection with Safin.

Could be a Bane thing? Then agan if Safin is a disgraced agent of Spectre, why would he go and try to kill Mr White when Madeleine was still a child, and when White was still in Blofeld's good graces?
  • phantomvicesphantomvices Mother Base
    edited July 2020 Posts: 469

Perhaps, much like SPECTRE's original adage, Blofeld is making Bond and Safin fight each other and wear each other out before he strikes.
  • phantomvicesphantomvices Mother Base
    And with Primo...

Maybe this is where the big cloning rumor comes from.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited July 2020 Posts: 15,690
    TENET DELAYED INDEFINITELY.

https://variety.com/2020/film/news/tenet-delayed-again-christopher-nolan-1234699068

Edit: Conjuring 3 delayed from September 2020 to June 2021.
  • ContrabandContraband Sweden
    TENET DELAYED INDEFINITELY.

https://variety.com/2020/film/news/tenet-delayed-again-christopher-nolan-1234699068

Edit: Conjuring 3 delayed from September 2020 to June 2021.

Wrong thread!!!
  • Red_SnowRed_Snow Australia
    If ‘No Time to Die’ Must Push into 2021, Here’s Why a Summer Release Is Unlikely
    https://indiewire.com/2020/07/no-time-to-die-2021-summer-release-unlikely-1234574906/
    It's inevitable NTTD will be delayed again, and it most likely won't come now until November 2021 in my humble opinion. No movies will be released until a vaccine is first.
    My only question left is if the record for longest Bond film gap will now end up getting broken.
    FoxRox wrote: »
    My only question left is if the record for longest Bond film gap will now end up getting broken.

That would push us into Summer of 2022, right? I'm fairly confident that record won't be broken.

The LTK-GE gap was 6 years, 5 months (Jun 1989 -> Nov 1995).

The SP-NTTD gap would have to be Nov 2015 -> Apr 2022 to match that. Still a ways to go!

Perhaps, much like SPECTRE's original adage, Blofeld is making Bond and Safin fight each other and wear each other out before he strikes.

I believe SPECTRE it’s gonna be destroyed by Safin in this film during the Cuba party but for Blofeld seeing Bond and Safin kill each other would certainly represent a victory.
    Ludovico wrote: »

Could be a Bane thing? Then agan if Safin is a disgraced agent of Spectre, why would he go and try to kill Mr White when Madeleine was still a child, and when White was still in Blofeld's good graces?

Yeah that’s pretty much the point. Maybe SPECTRE wanted White to grow more violent and less concerned about his family but sounds lame. The nature of the bond between Swann (and her family) and Safin is the biggest mystery of the film for me.
  • edited July 2020 Posts: 12,268

That would push us into Summer of 2022, right? I'm fairly confident that record won't be broken.

Just saying, many were confident coronavirus wouldn’t last as long and badly as it has, too. No way to really know anymore. Also worth mentioning EON dragged their feet and went through the whole Danny Boyle process; there was definitely opportunity to get this film done and released before the virus hit.

Just saying, many were confident coronavirus wouldn’t last as long and badly as it has, too. No way to really know anymore. Also worth mentioning EON dragged their feet and went through the whole Danny Boyle process; there was definitely opportunity to get this film done and released before the virus hit.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing.

I get it. No one knew what was coming. But I think many of us fans would agree that even without the virus, the wait for the film was long and we’d prefer being without such big gaps between entries.
  • edited July 2020 Posts: 3,164
    Here's the thing about TENET - it seems like it's about to pull the trigger on a staggered release, going international first and then the U.S., which is what a lot of international exhibitors have been crying out for.
    “We will share a new 2020 release date imminently for Tenet, Christopher Nolan’s wholly original and mind-blowing feature,” said Warner Bros. chairman Toby Emmerich in a statement. “We are not treating Tenet like a traditional global day-and-date release, and our upcoming marketing and distribution plans will reflect that.

I have a feeling that once it does, it opens the door for films like NTTD to do the same. In Europe and the UK in particular, it was probably the most important release of the year. Universal will be under pressure to keep November, and if Tenet sets the precedent to not go day and date globally but stagger with America going last, we could see that happen here - November elsewhere, 2021 TBC in the U.S..
  • GadgetManGadgetMan Lagos, Nigeria
    I think the most important thing is, we would like to think EON have learnt from this and would be more nimble when making Bond films. Before the virus, there had been a somewhat lethargic approach about the way they went about their business....the virus just made it longer. Maybe this could be a wake-up call for them, not to take a virus-free day for granted anymore.

I think once the Vaccine is out and Normalcy resumes, EON would appreciate time more and start making Bond films....not necessarily in a hurry, but every 2yrs.
  • edited July 2020 Posts: 12,268
    GadgetMan wrote: »
    I think the most important thing is, we would like to think EON have learnt from this and would be more nimble when making Bond films. Before the virus, there had been a somewhat lethargic approach about the way they went about their business....the virus just made it longer. Maybe this could be a wake-up call for them, not to take a virus-free day for granted anymore.

I think once the Vaccine is out and Normalcy resumes, EON would appreciate time more and start making Bond films....not necessarily in a hurry, but every 2yrs.

+1. Even every 3 years would be satisfactory to me. As someone living in the US, I’d still rather the film come out everywhere else before it hits our country. We shouldn’t hold back everyone else’s enjoyment, plus for me personally, I’m beyond caring about spoilers.

I get it. No one knew what was coming. But I think many of us fans would agree that even without the virus, the wait for the film was long and we’d prefer being without such big gaps between entries.

Yeah, I can't argue with that at all. I live in hope that once the Craig era is done and dusted, as much as I like him, we'll get an era that is fully thought out and doesn't have to worry about unfortunate legal entanglements.
  • +1. Even every 3 years would be satisfactory to me. As someone living in the US, I’d still rather the film come out everywhere else before it hits our country. We shouldn’t hold back everyone else’s enjoyment, plus for me personally, I’m beyond caring about spoilers.
    Yes, thank you! I especially agree with you about the every 3 years point.
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    File this under "Homage to Thunderball with a slight twist."

"You're late."

This line from Paloma to Bond mirrors what Bond said to Paula in TB, said under similar circumstanes, in a similar tone of voice.

:-)
    antovolk wrote: »
    Here's the thing about TENET - it seems like it's about to pull the trigger on a staggered release, going international first and then the U.S., which is what a lot of international exhibitors have been crying out for.
    “We will share a new 2020 release date imminently for Tenet, Christopher Nolan’s wholly original and mind-blowing feature,” said Warner Bros. chairman Toby Emmerich in a statement. “We are not treating Tenet like a traditional global day-and-date release, and our upcoming marketing and distribution plans will reflect that.

I have a feeling that once it does, it opens the door for films like NTTD to do the same. In Europe and the UK in particular, it was probably the most important release of the year. Universal will be under pressure to keep November, and if Tenet sets the precedent to not go day and date globally but stagger with America going last, we could see that happen here - November elsewhere, 2021 TBC in the U.S..

I made this exact case when NTTD was originally delayed, expressed it on MI6's Twitter account around the time they wrote that open letter and got blocked from their account for making such a comment - go figure.
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    There could also be a staggered release within the US. With states like California included out of the initial openings in theaters.
    alanis-morissette.jpg?w=300

If they release it in the US last, I hope Canada does not get lumped in together with the States! Canada + US gets treated as a single box office market for wide releases, but it would be a shame if we'd have to wait longer here just because of that.
    If they release it in the US last, I hope Canada does not get lumped in together with the States! Canada + US gets treated as a single box office market for wide releases, but it would be a shame if we'd have to wait longer here just because of that.

I’d legit drive to Canada to see it if that were the case.
    And with Primo...

What did you mean by this exactly?
  • ContrabandContraband Sweden
    DonnyDB5 wrote: »
    And with Primo...

What did you mean by this exactly?

Yeah, me wanna know too?
    Haven't heard a thing about Primo clones