No Time to Die production thread (MINOR SPOILERS ALLOWED)

Comments

Great photo! Craig's Bond has not had an excellent one-on-one scene yet with Fiennes' M. Looks like NTTD will change that.
  • ContrabandContraband Sweden
    Not much but maybe fun to watch.

The new Chapman Super Raptor climbing the steps in Matera, Italy. Carrying the 43’ Hydrascope

• ContrabandContraband Sweden
    antovolk wrote: »

Rory Kinnear was also present when they filmed those scenes in London last summer. I have a funny (watermarked) still with him wearing Carys massive white hat. Plus there's another 10 more stills from that day yet to be published.
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    DarthDimi wrote: »
    Shardlake wrote: »
    For all you herd immunity and Dominic Cummings fans.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-53315983

How else do we explain the death rate drop in comparison to total cases?

Your post has been flagged for spreading utterly stupid lies (not a surprise anymore coming from you).

The death-rate in the US has been rising for the past few days.

https://www.latimes.com/politics/story/2020-07-09/covid-19-deaths-tolls-rising
    https://www.usnews.com/news/health-news/articles/2020-07-09/coronavirus-deaths-increasing-in-states-with-resurgences
    https://www.wsj.com/articles/coronavirus-latest-news-07-10-2020-11594368064
    https://thehill.com/policy/healthcare/506819-coronavirus-deaths-rise-again-amid-mounting-outbreaks

Edit: And so is the rate of positive tests in comparison to total tests administered. So its no longer about the virus being too fast for testing when the % of positive tests has been rising dramatically in certain cases (sometimes up to 4 times more than it was a month ago).

In comparison to the total cases it has dropped off considerably.

@Mendes4Lyfe
    Even if the number of cases has dropped, one can hardly suggest that the situation is improving considerably. Then still, in the absence of a vaccine, the situation remains volatile. I don't think it's about anyone "wanting" to go back to "that life", but rather about accepting the fact that even if the numbers drop, they can rise again, and twice as fast, plummeting us all back in a situation of total lockdown. The kinetics behind a pandemic such as this are, to say the least, not in our favour.

Cinemas can do and say what they want, but in my country, where they have already reopened, hardly anyone is going to them. People are worried, and justifiably so. All it takes is one superspreader or a ventilation system that doesn't live up to the requirements, and one person can infect twenty, who can each infect another three the next day, and so on. It may take between one and two weeks before the first case is actually reported and by then, this thing could easily have gone FUBAR again.

Even if only one or two new cases would be reported daily, there's still no vaccine! It most likely started with just one person. Dropping from 60 000 to a mere 200 sounds like good news, but that means you still have 200 (reported) cases that could still push the curve upwards again, and very fast. This virus is incredibly infectious. Even those who survive an infection may spend the rest of their lives in a very weakened condition. The little bug can easily wear the healthiest of bodies down. If not the loss of life, then at the least the loss of a good "quality" of life is what frightens (smart) people. It'd still be different if we were all incredibly disciplined; but unfortunately, amongst the masses, there are numerous crazies who stubbornly refuse to live by the rules. They pose a threat that people factor in as well.

So despite the fact that I've been looking forward to NTTD for years, even I might consider playing it safe and skipping the film in theatres this year. I regret it, but a few months' patience is a price I'm willing to pay for my good health.

I think some of us are grasping for any piece of good news we can, and the disparity between cases and deaths is a slight glimmer of hope that treatments (including the use of Remdesivir) might get this under control in a few months. Note this recent article that concedes that more people are walking into the hospital sick and coming out treated:

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2020/07/why-covid-death-rate-down/613945/

As the author states, "So what’s going on? Maybe doctors are just getting smarter about the disease."

Yes. As the number of cases have risen, so have the number of deaths. But I remain somewhat optimistic that by September, we will have more home treatments and prescriptions that will lighten the load in hospitals. If only we had been more diligent about flattening the curve, here in the U.S., we'd be in much better shape. I could explain, but I don't want to bring politics into this.

• Even if NTTD opens in November, there is no way I'm attending a cinema this year. I'll review my decision in January.
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    What could they be talking about?

50106872008_e95c6e49c8_o.jpg

M: "Bond! You know you just sat in pigeon poop?"
    Bond: "That'd be bloody right. Hand me that paper so I can wipe it off."
    M: "What? The newspaper? I...can't."
    Bond: "Why? What's in the newspaper?"
    M: "News, Bond. And mostly bad."
    Bond: "I mean, what have you got hidden in the paper? A mission dossier? Fake passport?"
    M: "No, not always. It just so happens that I like to read the paper."
    Bond: "So, what's in there today?"
    M: "There's an article on BoJo."
    Bond: "Well, I definitely have to wipe my bum with that now. Hand me the paper."
    M: "I... No."
    Bond: "M, I know you're hiding something from me, and I want to know what it is."
    M: "Why would I betray you?"
    Bond: "We all have our secrets. We just didn't get to yours yet."
    M: "Oh, alright then. I sat in poop too."
  • GadgetManGadgetMan Nigeria
    edited July 13 Posts: 1,796
    QBranch wrote: »

Bond: "I mean, what have you got hidden in the paper? A mission dossier? Fake passport?"
    Bond: "Well, I definitely have to wipe my bum with that now. Hand me the paper."
    Bond: "M, I know you're hiding something from me, and I want to know what it is."

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 Very Creative @QBranch....We really do have talented individuals in this Community.
    Even if NTTD opens in November, there is no way I'm attending a cinema this year. I'll review my decision in January.

I think it's going to be the case for a lot of people. It will change the movie industry.
  • ResurrectionResurrection Kolkata, India
    QBranch wrote: »

:))
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    @QBranch
    That really made me laugh hard, mate! :D Well done!!
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    Cheers guys. Just killing time. :)>- :!!
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    You write better stuff while "just killing time" than P&W for a big paycheck. "Yo momma"? I prefer what you did there. ;-)
  • MalloryMallory Are you ready to get back to work?
    I have been back to the cinema this weekend (UK) to watch The Dark Knight (and then Rises) in IMAX, and the experience has been by and large the same, although when the cinema is 95% empty, you're almost watching it on your own.

On a similar note I saw Dunkirk in IMAX last week, and out of a 300 seat screen, there were two people (myself included).

I think NTTD releasing in November is highly optimistic. I am an optimist and want it to release. They're really in a difficult spot, I wouldn't want to be in EoN's shoes at the moment. All available scenarios seem bad. I suppose which is the least worst. They will probably try and delay for a cinema release for as long as possible, but they can't do that forever.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited July 13 Posts: 15,153
    US cinema chains unlikely to re-open until September ''at the earliest''.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/analyst-cuts-box-office-estimate-no-cinemas-before-september-1302969

----

Deadline is now also reporting that Tenet is unlikely to open in August.

Box office in 2020 is expected to decline by nearly 70% from the $11.4 billion taken in during 2019. That would be worse than the 55% to 60% plunge previously forecasted.

https://deadline.com/2020/07/tenet-release-unlikely-in-august-2020-movie-box-office-to-drop-70-percent-analyst-predicts-1202983984/amp/
  • echoecho 007 in New York
    Mallory wrote: »
    I have been back to the cinema this weekend (UK) to watch The Dark Knight (and then Rises) in IMAX, and the experience has been by and large the same, although when the cinema is 95% empty, you're almost watching it on your own.

On a similar note I saw Dunkirk in IMAX last week, and out of a 300 seat screen, there were two people (myself included).

I think NTTD releasing in November is highly optimistic. I am an optimist and want it to release. They're really in a difficult spot, I wouldn't want to be in EoN's shoes at the moment. All available scenarios seem bad. I suppose which is the least worst. They will probably try and delay for a cinema release for as long as possible, but they can't do that forever.

Trump has washed his hands of Covid-19, so here in the US the earliest we could see any governmental support for attempting to quash the spread is mid-January...

With those dates in mind, NTTD will then be opening in mid- or late 2021, or on demand.

Congratulations on going back to the cinema! Every ticket sold helps keep them in business. I hope the place was COVID-safe.
  • MSL49MSL49 Finland

They are going to build a new cinema to my town. How good The Dark Knight was in the cinema?
  • MalloryMallory Are you ready to get back to work?

Congratulations on going back to the cinema! Every ticket sold helps keep them in business. I hope the place was COVID-safe.

It seemed so. We were well spaced out and they made us sanitise our hands etc. The ushers were good at managing everything and all cinemagoers did their bit.
    MSL49 wrote: »

They are going to build a new cinema to my town. How good The Dark Knight was in the cinema?

As they had loads of sequences filmed in imax, it was incredible!
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited July 14 Posts: 15,153
    All cinemas in California to close with immediate effect. No end date given.

https://deadline.com/2020/07/california-gavin-newsom-closes-restaurants-indoor-operations-in-state-1202984427
    Coronavirus can go take a long walk on a short pier.
    A complete shutdown in L.A is on the brink of being issued as hospitals are near full capacity, and new infections are surging.

https://deadline.com/2020/07/los-angeles-near-red-theat-level-coronavirus-hospitalizations-la-county-stats-1202984844/
    EON should release NTTD in Europe right now before a potential second wave starts here.
    The_Return wrote: »
    EON should release NTTD in Europe right now before a potential second wave starts here.

And have NTTD be a huge box office bomb? A Europe-centric release is not an option. EON cannot rely on a single continent to release a $200 million budget blockbuster.
    This film isn't coming out for a long time.

And have NTTD be a huge box office bomb? A Europe-centric release is not an option. EON cannot rely on a single continent to release a $200 million budget blockbuster.

At one point I was optimistic that NTTD would release in November. It now seems increasingly unlikely. Even if cinemas do open, it seems like many people won't feel confident enough to go out to cinemas.

It would have to take something pretty major to take place (I'm thinking vaccines and wide distribution, which again, seems like wishful thinking at this point) for things to change.

Also, thank you @DaltonCraig007 for keeping on top of the updates!
    I had a dream a few nights ago that NTTD got pushed back to November of 2021. It seemed absurd at the time, but given the way things seem to be going (especially in the United States, where I live), maybe it's not such a crazy notion. On the plus side, there is something comforting about the fact that a new Bond movie is completely done and in the can. Yes, the wait is excruciating, but a new 007 adventure is waiting for us, and we'll see it eventually!
  • NickTwentyTwoNickTwentyTwo Vancouver, BC, Canada

All of the Commonwealth! ;)

Nobody said release it in Europe only. I said release it in Europe now. Release it in North America later, when it's safe.

Nobody said release it in Europe only. I said release it in Europe now. Release it in North America later, when it's safe.

That is precisely what you said. A USA release is unlikely until Mid 2021 at the earliest. If you release it in Europe now, the film will be available on Blu Ray before an American release. Hence your solution does not work. EON needs the USA market to be available within a certain distance of the Europe releases (within 2/3 weeks at most).

I don't understand why it is so difficult to realize the pandemic has thrown any release scenarios out of the window for the foreseeable future.
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports

That is precisely what you said. A USA release is unlikely until Mid 2021 at the earliest. If you release it in Europe now, the film will be available on Blu Ray before an American release. Hence your solution does not work. EON needs the USA market to be available within a certain distance of the Europe releases (within 2/3 weeks at most).

I don't understand why it is so difficult to realize the pandemic has thrown any release scenarios out of the window for the foreseeable future.

EON got "ahead" of things in March and locked down a prime re-release date. I don't envy the position they're in, because if they are going to push it back again and get a prime release date, that decision needs to be made very soon. It must be agonizing knowing that they're still four months away from release.