No Time to Die production thread

Comments

• phantomvicesphantomvices Mother Base
    With Trump ignoring the pandemic, his only focus is to be re-elected in Novmber by all means and at every cost, it will be highly unlikely, that NTTD will be released in November. Sadly. But the whole pandemic has taken mankind hostage, and even if we get a vaccination against it with early 2021 the earliest, it will mean NTTD will be pushed to 2021.

@phantomvices , did you know this?

And the point is? It's still corona/delay talk, and not spoiler talk. Just because I don't want to see it here doesn't mean I'm ignorant to it. I'm not here saying suppress the information, I'm saying keep it in the appropriate place. Talk and discuss all you want in the appropriate thread, but don't come here and clog the spoiler thread.

I know. I am on your side. I was trying to be ironic.

Ah, you got me there. Nice one :))
  • edited July 2020 Posts: 565
    echo wrote: »
    The point is that if progress is not made in the US, and there are no signs of this outside NYC, there will be no November release in 2020.
    Forgive me @echo for using your comment as the example, but the box office thread is perfect for this type of discussion. How corona affects release of the film more pertains to the box office than it does the actual production of the film. The production of the film has been essentially over for some time.

#Focus
    Guys, I understand trying to move the conversation to other threads. But these events are linked into NTTD. Sorry, that's how it is. There's no "production" to cover right now
    There's a difference between discussing the effects on the film and discussing the virus itself. Personally I don't think any of it belongs here. If there's nothing to discuss, let the thread die.

But whatever, I'm out of here. Peace out.
    edited July 2020 Posts: 469
    bondbat007 wrote: »
    Guys, I understand trying to move the conversation to other threads. But these events are linked into NTTD. Sorry, that's how it is. There's no "production" to cover right now

read the following:
    And the point is? It's still corona/delay talk, and not spoiler talk. Just because I don't want to see it here doesn't mean I'm ignorant to it. I'm not here saying suppress the information, I'm saying keep it in the appropriate place. Talk and discuss all you want in the appropriate thread, but don't come here and clog the spoiler thread.
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    bondbat007 wrote: »

read the following:

Makes no difference.
    ertert wrote: »
    The_Return wrote: »
    @DaltonCraig007 I am perfectly aware that there is a ongoing global pandemic. On the other hand you seem totally unaware that the ongoing global pandemic will require creative thinking from movie studios, and that releasing NTTD in safe areas months before releasing it in the US cannot be off the table.

All the links you posted are saying basically one thing: that the situation is getting worse in the US and certain other parts of the word (something I am completely aware of and literally never denied). Guess what? The situation was getting worse and worse in the second half of March in Italy, and now, mere 3 and a half months later it's very much under control there.

It's funny that you call me a covid denier (which I am clearly not), yet you are the one who is thinking about box office and theatrical releases as if the pandemic never happened.

Just curious are you American? I am. This thing is going nowhere anytime soon. The reason for that is that a significant portion of Americans still think this is just a cough and that masks are for weaklings to wear. There are massive cultural/political reasons why things are so bad here in the U.S. and why they will not be improving by November without some miracle cure.

There have been shootings caused by people asking others to wear masks. It is completely insane here.

Anyways back on topic, where you all think Blofeld ends up? PLEASE do not answer if this was revealed in the alleged plot leaks as I've been avoiding those. I think Waltz can really knock this thing out of the park if he has more to do but I also dont want him to steal any of Rami's thunder and for things to get muddled. I prefer when Bond is facing a singular force of nature of a villain, a la Silva.

@ertert I always thought that Blofeld will pull an Hannibal Lecter on them: help Bond against Safin who will remain the main antagonist, then escape custody at some point.
  • George_KaplanGeorge_Kaplan Not a red herring
    My only hope is that if the film does get pushed back to 2021, they'll use the extra time to start planning for the next film so they can get it out before the end of the decade. It would be great if we could get it in 2023.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    Disney analyst sees cinemas "largely closed" until Mid-2021.

After initially expecting social distancing measures would be "significantly lessened" by late 2020, Cowen's Doug Creutz has "now extended that timeline," which will affect the company's film and theme parks units.

"We had previously assumed that the spread of COVID-19 would be relatively halted, with social distancing requirements significantly lessened by late 2020," Creutz wrote. "We have now extended that timeline out to at least mid-2021; the situation remains very fluid, and we do not rule out the possibility that the impact could last even longer."

Creutz said he expects "no film releases in fiscal year 2020," which for Disney ends in September, and "a modest slate" in fiscal 2021. "We now expect domestic theaters to be largely closed until mid-2021, in part because we don't think studios will be interested in releasing their largest movies into a capacity-constrained footprint."

As far as Disney's theme parks unit goes, Creutz expects the "recovery trajectory to be pushed out at least one year." While Walt Disney World reopened "at limited capacity last weekend," he said he believes "that at best, heavy capacity constraints will prevail until at least mid-2021, and ... there is a meaningful probability that the park could be forced to close again."

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/disney-analyst-downgrade-longer-pandemic-impact-cinemas-closed-1303411
  • RedNineRedNine Poland
    Disney analyst sees cinemas "largely closed" until Mid-2021.

After initially expecting social distancing measures would be "significantly lessened" by late 2020, Cowen's Doug Creutz has "now extended that timeline," which will affect the company's film and theme parks units.

"We had previously assumed that the spread of COVID-19 would be relatively halted, with social distancing requirements significantly lessened by late 2020," Creutz wrote. "We have now extended that timeline out to at least mid-2021; the situation remains very fluid, and we do not rule out the possibility that the impact could last even longer."

Creutz said he expects "no film releases in fiscal year 2020," which for Disney ends in September, and "a modest slate" in fiscal 2021. "We now expect domestic theaters to be largely closed until mid-2021, in part because we don't think studios will be interested in releasing their largest movies into a capacity-constrained footprint."

As far as Disney's theme parks unit goes, Creutz expects the "recovery trajectory to be pushed out at least one year." While Walt Disney World reopened "at limited capacity last weekend," he said he believes "that at best, heavy capacity constraints will prevail until at least mid-2021, and ... there is a meaningful probability that the park could be forced to close again."

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/disney-analyst-downgrade-longer-pandemic-impact-cinemas-closed-1303411

Well, I don't see how any business can reopen after 1,5 years of not making any profits, at some points studios will have to release their movies into limited capacity because if they don't, there will be no cinemas to release their movies in the future
  • matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark
    Not surprising and quite predictable.

In a couple of weeks the autumn/winter release dates will start to fall like dominoes. Perhaps NTTD will take the F9 spot in 2021 with F9 moving to July.
    matt_u wrote: »

In a couple of weeks the autumn/winter release dates will start to fall like dominoes. Perhaps NTTD will take the F9 spot in 2021 with F9 moving to July.

I called this back when the film first moved to November.

I apologize to you all for my idiot fellow Americans who can't be bothered to put on a mask.

Well something else to look forward to! Once this is all over there's gonna be so much coming out between all the shows and movies that were delayed.

I don't think Bond would take precident over F9 for Universal. It's one of their flagship moneymakers. Bond is iconic, of course, but people absolutely flock to the Fast films despite their ludicrousness.

What would Bond be like in July?

I don't think Bond would take precident over F9 for Universal. It's one of their flagship moneymakers. Bond is iconic, of course, but people absolutely flock to the Fast films despite their ludicrousness.

This is exactly why there's a chance it might happen: July seems less risky without mentioning that given its nature F9 is a more suitable Summer title for Universal.

This is exactly why there's a chance it might happen: July seems less risky without mentioning that given its nature F9 is a more suitable Summer title for Universal.

I hadn't thought of it that, @matt_u. Good point.
    edited July 2020 Posts: 469
    Ludovico wrote: »
    ertert wrote: »
    @DaltonCraig007 I am perfectly aware that there is a ongoing global pandemic. On the other hand you seem totally unaware that the ongoing global pandemic will require creative thinking from movie studios, and that releasing NTTD in safe areas months before releasing it in the US cannot be off the table.

All the links you posted are saying basically one thing: that the situation is getting worse in the US and certain other parts of the word (something I am completely aware of and literally never denied). Guess what? The situation was getting worse and worse in the second half of March in Italy, and now, mere 3 and a half months later it's very much under control there.

It's funny that you call me a covid denier (which I am clearly not), yet you are the one who is thinking about box office and theatrical releases as if the pandemic never happened.

Just curious are you American? I am. This thing is going nowhere anytime soon. The reason for that is that a significant portion of Americans still think this is just a cough and that masks are for weaklings to wear. There are massive cultural/political reasons why things are so bad here in the U.S. and why they will not be improving by November without some miracle cure.

There have been shootings caused by people asking others to wear masks. It is completely insane here.

Anyways back on topic, where you all think Blofeld ends up? PLEASE do not answer if this was revealed in the alleged plot leaks as I've been avoiding those. I think Waltz can really knock this thing out of the park if he has more to do but I also dont want him to steal any of Rami's thunder and for things to get muddled. I prefer when Bond is facing a singular force of nature of a villain, a la Silva.

@ertert I always thought that Blofeld will pull an Hannibal Lecter on them: help Bond against Safin who will remain the main antagonist, then escape custody at some point.

Actual Bond spoilers discussion? In my spoiler thread?

Ok, jokes aside, I agree with this. The 'Now your enemy is my enemy' probably implies that Safin is working independent of SPECTRE, or was a former employee who has himself gone rogue. It is likely he is the mastermind behind the gassing of the SPECTRE party using his weapon and sparing only Bond. The mechanism behind how the virus/gas/whatever spares only Bond is yet to be seen, however it seems to me to likely be connected to the talk about Safin and genetic warfare - perhaps a sort of toxin/virus that selectively attacks people based on their genetics?

It's been accidentally revealed to the masses by production crew that the big lair is owned by the 'Safins', with an s.. Whether this was just an unintentional grammar mistake, or a clue into Safin's organization/relations has yet to be revealed. We do know that, at the very least, Safin comes from a line of Russian pharmacists, so it probably refers to this rather than any other way-off idea.

Who knows with the Blofeld line, though? Given that this will be the last film of the Craig continuity, the chances of Blofeld escaping or dying seem equally likely, although I at least hope something interesting happens to him because him stuck in prison would make for a very dull character arc for him. Despite having no confirmation indication that anything happens to Blofeld after him and Bond confront, I really do hope that he at least will have a moment in the spotlight, whether it is him escaping or dying, although i saying this the trailers might be intentionally obfuscating us as to Blofeld's fate. Hell, I hope that that moment is when Madeleine turns and lets him go and disappears to Safin's lair.

Another character that's been all hush hush is Ash. Apart from the big chase, of which we know he coordinates, absolutely zero has been revealed or even seen of him in-movie. In fact, we still don't know if Ash really turns and coordinates the chase to kill Bond, or is an agent working to bring Bond back to authorities after he goes rogue for the 485738th time, or to assist him in escaping Safin's henchmen.

And on the topic of that scene, we see Bond driving frantically to save the as yet unidentified blonde woman in his car. Could maybe be Madeleine, her sister, clone, child, friend, the list goes on. There isn't really a clear shot of her even in the highest quality version of the trailer there is currently out. The hair is completely different to the official clear shots we have of Madeleine, and we assume the big landrover chase takes place pretty quickly after Bond confronts Madeleine in MI6, no to mention the fact that the two have been confirmed to be in a scene where they hide out in Norway (where the scene of Madeleine crying over the box with the mask in it likely happens - note her short hair and dark dress similar to the one in the corridor) and get discovered by Safin, leading to the chase in the forest where Bond stumbles upon someone (call sheet leak, note that Mathilde was also in the scene) and then the big car chase, unless it's even more misleading from the trailers.

unknown.png

191227-no-time-to-die-lashana-lynch-lea-seydoux.jpg

lc_maybe_mads.png

All in all, I just want to see a Bond movie have some of the old outandish, wild elements back for Bond, instead of going the modern way and taking the boring route under the guise of 'realism'. I want to see genetics-selective viruses. I want to see clone children. I want to see Blofeld rise back up as Bond's biggest nemesis, running his own underground web of terrorism and extortion. I have faith that, even with the different environment of today's cinema and audience expectations, Cary can bring back even a little bit of this type of Bond movie for Craig's big sendoff, and I cannot wait to see the movie, no matter the format. I honestly would not mind even watching a digital copy on my laptop and then afterwards, rewatching on cinema.

Too late. And I don't mean too late for me, I wouldn't be particularly upset if I never got to see NTTD. Too late for EON.
    Too late. And I don't mean too late for me, I wouldn't be particularly upset if I never got to see NTTD. Too late for EON.

How so?
  • ResurrectionResurrection Kolkata, India
    I was watching SP last week, while interacting with bond Mr White said "i followed him as far as i could but this... women,children". Could he be talking about using children to make clone? Saffin could be using his daughter as well, Maybe Saffin didn't wanted to kill Madeline but experiment on her, that's why he chased her on the lake not to shoot but trying to save her. That women lying there when saffin enters the room could be Madeline's mother, Saffin might have experimented on her, which might explain why Madeline cried while seeing the mask.
  • ContrabandContraband Sweden
    lc_maybe_mads.png

@phantomvices Where the hell did you got this still from? I have the still were you can vaguely make out it's a female in the backseat. Endless debate in here on who it might be, adult Swann, her as a young girl or a daughter, etc.

This is the first time, at least for me, one can see it's Swann. Or is it?

How so?
    I seriously doubt they can afford to sit on the movie that long.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Contraband wrote: »
    lc_maybe_mads.png

@phantomvices Where the hell did you got this still from? I have the still were you can vaguely make out it's a female in the backseat. Endless debate in here on who it might be, adult Swann, her as a young girl or a daughter, etc.

It's from the trailer. The woman in the backseat is Swann, I believe the debate is over what (or who) she seems to be protecting in the seat next to her.
  • Red_SnowRed_Snow Australia
    Rumor: James Bond’s No Time To Die Film Will Undergo Reshoots To Alter Major Plot Point
    https://boundingintocomics.com/2020/07/15/rumor-james-bonds-no-time-to-die-film-will-undergo-reshoots-to-alter-major-plot-point/
  • edited July 2020 Posts: 3,164
    Red_Snow wrote: »
    Rumor: James Bond’s No Time To Die Film Will Undergo Reshoots To Alter Major Plot Point
    https://boundingintocomics.com/2020/07/15/rumor-james-bonds-no-time-to-die-film-will-undergo-reshoots-to-alter-major-plot-point/

Yeah that's clearly not true....that YouTube channel tried to push the same thing back in April
    antovolk wrote: »

Yeah that's clearly not true....

That's the most laughable rumor so far. Reshoots...in a pandemic. After quote after quote of Cary saying he's not touching the film again. Oh tabloids, I've almost missed you
    edited July 2020 Posts: 4,343
    antovolk wrote: »

Yeah that's clearly not true....

Complete garbage.

“For all intents and purposes, we had finished the film. I had mentally finished the film. Mentally and emotionally.” Cary Fukunaga.

Plus, given the fact that the film will inevitably underperform, nowhere in the world MGM would pay for reshaping the villain’s main evil scheme. Without mentioning that the film hadn’t screenings so the notion that a virus centric scheme “tested poorly” is just utterly ridiculous and a lie.
  • ContrabandContraband Sweden
    jake24 wrote: »
    Contraband wrote: »
    lc_maybe_mads.png

It's from the trailer. The woman in the backseat is Swann, I believe the debate is over what (or who) she seems to be protecting in the seat next to her.

Ok. Been trying to grab a clear shot from the trailers for God knows how long
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    Could that be Nomi in the backseat with Madeleine?
    Denbigh wrote: »

Kids usually sit in the backseat...
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    Denbigh wrote: »
    Kids usually sit in the backseat...
    I only say cause I thought I could see short hair but probably mistaken haha