No Time to Die production thread (MINOR SPOILERS ALLOWED)

Comments

It depends what the outcome of coronavirus is I think. Otherwise the trend was going sillier in films I think, Kingsman being an example, and I think they would have skewed more fun and goofy with the next bond actor. However like 9/11 changed Hollywood to be more serious, I’m not sure how Hollywood might be changed when it opens back up. It could end up giving us another serious bond.

Also do we think Campbell will return for B26 to launch the new actor?

Interesting point. AIDS toned down sexual behaviour, 9/11 toned down ‘jokey’ terrorist violence. What will be the impact of COVID? Less international travel? Hopefully, be good to see him sticking around in one or two countries like Connery, rather than the globetrotting picture postcard of Moore.
    Troy wrote: »
    It depends what the outcome of coronavirus is I think. Otherwise the trend was going sillier in films I think, Kingsman being an example, and I think they would have skewed more fun and goofy with the next bond actor. However like 9/11 changed Hollywood to be more serious, I’m not sure how Hollywood might be changed when it opens back up. It could end up giving us another serious bond.

Also do we think Campbell will return for B26 to launch the new actor?

Interesting point. AIDS toned down sexual behaviour, 9/11 toned down ‘jokey’ terrorist violence. What will be the impact of COVID? Less international travel? Hopefully, be good to see him sticking around in one or two countries like Connery, rather than the globetrotting picture postcard of Moore.
    I´d expect lots of wide aspect ratios, so everybody can keep distance.

• ContrabandContraband Sweden
    It's Léa Seydoux's birthday today, and Greg Williams published a new still of her from the set in Matera

NURKoTj.jpg

Contraband wrote: »
    It's Léa Seydoux's birthday today, and Greg Williams published a new still of her from the set in Matera

NURKoTj.jpg

Wow-- she's really beautiful. Something I always knew, but; sometimes a still like this comes out and her interesting and sensual features can stop Time.
    peter wrote: »

NURKoTj.jpg

Wow-- she's really beautiful. Something I always knew, but; sometimes a still like this comes out and her interesting and sensual features can stop Time.

@peter Fully agree. I have the full set of stills with her from that photoshoot but they're are all watermarked. So it's nice to see the official still so to speak
  • edited July 2 Posts: 97
    I used to think that @Pierce2Daniel was full of it and that a 4th delay was impossible. Considering that there were over 50 THOUSAND new cases in the US yesterday, I am not so sure anymore.
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    The_Return wrote: »
    I used to think that @Pierce2Daniel was full of it and that a 4th delay was impossible. Considering that there were over 50 THOUSAND new cases in the US yesterday, I am not so sure anymore.

Here is the weird thing (and I am not writing this as a means of denying the seriousness of the virus) but despite these numbers going up, the death rate is going down. But that might not be the case for much longer, as hospitals reach 100% capacity.
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    edited July 3 Posts: 6,885
    Part of the reason hospitals are filling are the patients that delayed treatment, and can now go to a hospital to be treated.

With that, admitted patients are tested and positives are reported as hospitalizations associated with the coronavirus regardless of why they went to a hospital. As with other reports of positives, there is rarely detail for asymptomatic, symptoms exhibited, treatment for symptoms, numbers on ventilators. And test positives are automatically associated with reported deaths, again without detail for whether an individual was asymptomatic, etc. and died of other cause(s). Even so, death rates seem to trend downward.

This is the No Time To Die Production discussion so I'll stop there.

Red_Snow wrote: »

Could you repost the link to the page. I can't open the one you put. Maybe a PDF version?
    Red_Snow wrote: »

Could you repost the link to the page. I can't open the one you put. Maybe a PDF version?

Here you go

https://www.empireonline.com/movies/news/empire-big-screen-preview-issue-covers-revealed/
    Thanks chap!
  • DonnyDB5DonnyDB5 Buffalo, New York
    When do we get to see this new article? I wonder if there will be any new photos.
    The US needs to get on top of Covid19, could be a threat to NTTD's November release.
    The US needs to get on top of Covid19, could be a threat to NTTD's November release.

Every time I see one of my fellow countrymen (especially our "leader") do things that slow this process down, my mind goes to this. If NTTD is delayed again, it's because of us here in the US.
    DonnyDB5 wrote: »
    When do we get to see this new article? I wonder if there will be any new photos.

I'm on it. Hopefully in a few days

• ResurrectionResurrection Kolkata, India

Thanks in advance ;)

Thanks in advance ;)

Yes, thank you so much.
    edited July 4 Posts: 1,918
    While waiting for the new Empire Magazine issue, here's the one from April, Bond Special covering the franchise in case you haven't read it. It's the Empire Australasia issue pages 54-78

https://docdro.id/PMUgZA2
  • phantomvicesphantomvices Mother Base
    edited July 4 Posts: 75
    New stills from the 007 website:

EcF-EJuXQAYmx_a?format=jpg&name=small

EcF9UlWXYAE8cIT?format=jpg&name=small
    New stills from the 007 website:

EcF-EJuXQAYmx_a?format=jpg&name=small

EcF9UlWXYAE8cIT?format=jpg&name=small

Craig looks amazing. I know a lot of it is probably movie magic too, but the man looks like he’s barely aged.
  • NickTwentyTwoNickTwentyTwo Vancouver, BC, Canada
    Agreed. Too early to say goodbye. ;P
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    The soft lighting admittedly helps, but he does look good.
    I think Craig looks far better in NTTD than he did even in CR.
    ToTheRight wrote: »

Yep. Some actors suits a more "aged" look better than others. Craig is one of them.

Still can't see his looks as anything Bondian, personally, but that's a topic for another thread.
  • BondAficionadoBondAficionado Former IMDBer
    edited July 4 Posts: 1,745
    I can't locate the photographs on the main site. Where exactly did you first see them, @phantomvices?

Edit: found them thanks!

I agree. He’s aged quite well.

Yep. Some actors suits a more "aged" look better than others. Craig is one of them.

Still can't see his looks as anything Bondian, personally, but that's a topic for another thread.

His features look more chiseled and suit his style of Bond. Also his NTTD haircut looks right to me. I can't wait to see this one.
    The first photo is very Skyfall-esque!
    The second is a great shot too - like a Ridley Scott or Michael Mann actioner.
  • Junglist_1985Junglist_1985 Los Angeles
    NTTD is going to be gorgeous.