No Time to Die production thread (MINOR SPOILERS ALLOWED)

Comments

Contraband wrote: »
    The_Return wrote: »
    If Greg Williams has this extensively worked on the set of NTTD then why isn't a "Bond on Set: Filming NTTD" book planned? Yes, I am aware of the "No Time to Die: The Making of the Film" book that's planned but that won't be the same as the Bond on Set books by Williams.

Plus another 100+ pics with Rami as Safin, set pieces, actions scenes and God knows what else.

BTW: I found another set of watermarked stills with the whole cast, probably for the upcoming marketing. Photoshoot taken individually. Don't have a link I'm afraid but it was the same photo agency. Several pages..

Did you happen to see any of the Safin pics?
  • ContrabandContraband Sweden
    ertert wrote: »
    The_Return wrote: »
    If Greg Williams has this extensively worked on the set of NTTD then why isn't a "Bond on Set: Filming NTTD" book planned? Yes, I am aware of the "No Time to Die: The Making of the Film" book that's planned but that won't be the same as the Bond on Set books by Williams.

Plus another 100+ pics with Rami as Safin, set pieces, actions scenes and God knows what else.

BTW: I found another set of watermarked stills with the whole cast, probably for the upcoming marketing. Photoshoot taken individually. Don't have a link I'm afraid but it was the same photo agency. Several pages..

Did you happen to see any of the Safin pics?

Not a single one of Safin
  • mtmmtm
    mtm wrote: »
    Univex wrote: »
    It's a bloody cigar, I mean, I understand they don't want him smoking 50 cigarettes a day, alas Don Draper, but a single cigar? Cmon, the worst thing that could do to you is jaw cancer, and you'd have to be John Hannibal Smith or Sigmund Freud to get it.

Let the man have his cigar.

Personally, I think its for the scene. I think they are rehearsing.

I don't think you can just bring a cigar to a film set these days. I think it's a prop, just as much as the tiny cat that we have seen Craig feed. A cat doesn't just turn up on a film set built specially for that film. The cat is obviously part of the film - as is the cigar. Just my thoughts.

Yeah I think it's a prop too: I don't think anyone really brings a cigar along to set to puff away on unless they're Arnie. A cigar is something you relax with, you don't get one out if you're working, and Craig will have been working hard there. Plus it suits the Fleming-ish vibe they appear to be trying to evoke in those scenes- a cigarette would be even more Fleming but a cigar is more acceptable to see Bond smoke onscreen, which makes it even more likely it's for the filming. That looks a very expensive cigar too.

I have several pics with him smoking in between takes. Not even close to be filming scenes. That's him relaxing while the guys fixing the lights, etc

How can you tell?

Not a single camera near him. He's just puffing away near the water, maybe going through the lines by himself while crew members doing this and that nearby.

How can you be sure there's no camera near him? I don't mean he's necessarily actually filming scenes at the time, but it's a set so there are cameras there. I think it's very hard to judge exactly what's going on from some stills.
  • echoecho 007 in New York
    GadgetMan wrote: »
    Indeed, I bet Gregg is Wilson's Successor....and eagerly waiting to make his own mark on the franchise.

This makes me a little nervous, honestly.

Gregg was in charge of the SP plane chase, correct? Compare that to Babs, who was in charge of the LTK truck sequence.
  • GadgetManGadgetMan Nigeria
    edited May 28 Posts: 1,524
    echo wrote: »
    GadgetMan wrote: »
    Indeed, I bet Gregg is Wilson's Successor....and eagerly waiting to make his own mark on the franchise.

This makes me a little nervous, honestly.

Gregg was in charge of the SP plane chase, correct? Compare that to Babs, who was in charge of the LTK truck sequence.

Yeah, but I think whatever way we look at it, we are stuck with him....coz he's the future of the franchise, so we hope he improves with every passing Bond film. I think the more likely scenario is, Gregg might soon start getting paired with Barbara to further improve his knowledge about filmmaking, Coz Michael might need to start doing less, in order to rest a bit....since he's ageing.
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    A Guide to the Style of Cary Joji Fukunaga

• phantomvicesphantomvices Mother Base
    M_Balje wrote: »

Hmm

I'm now suspecting that the forest scene where Bond walks through the forest into the clearing is going to be a continuous shot. Especially when you check out the BTS pictures, I highly suspect Cary will be using a single, very long shot following Bond through the forest into the clearing.
  • matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark
    Don't know if this has been post before.

• Red_SnowRed_Snow Australia
    M_Balje wrote: »

Majestic Trees? I'm curious as to how and where one might pop up, and it's significance, if any, to the plot of NTTD.

Screen Talks: VFX leaders on adapting to lockdown, looking to next stage
    https://screendaily.com/news/screen-talks-vfx-leaders-on-adapting-to-lockdown-looking-to-next-stage/5150205.article

Fiona Walkinshaw on NTTD:

“I’m amazed at how resilient and hardworking people are… We delivered the work on The King’s Man and No Time To Die from the working-from-home platform. It was pretty amazing.”
  • ggl007ggl007 www.archivo007.com Spain, España
  • edited May 29 Posts: 4,085
    ggl007 wrote: »

I can say with some confidence that this is fake news. He's just an Instagram whore looking for more followers. He updated the IMDB credits himself for attention. Lots of people do that with bait credits like 'Young James Bond'

I can say with some confidence that this is fake news. He's just an Instagram whore looking for more followers. He updated the IMDB credits himself for attention. Lots of people do that with bait credits like 'Young James Bond'

And their instagram too?

It's IMDB Pro to, isn't that supposed to be for verified castings only?
    Allow me to be the first to react hysterically to that:

If that's true, this isn't the film for me.

Oh well, it may very well turn out ok, and not a bloody soap opera again.
  • edited May 29 Posts: 261
    Red_Snow wrote: »

It's IMDB Pro to, isn't that supposed to be for verified castings only?

There is nothing like a "veryfied" cast list in imdb. It's easier to change Infos on imdb than on wikipedia.
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    I spent ages laughing at that guy's IMDb page - I found a picture where he had photoshopped himself in beside Kevin Hart. Hilarious.
  • mtmmtm
    I spent ages laughing at that guy's IMDb page - I found a picture where he had photoshopped himself in beside Kevin Hart. Hilarious.

Ha! That's wonderful. :D

Because everyone should enjoy it:

MV5BMGRiODU0MjQtOWZiOS00NDBjLWJlODMtYjdiZDE5NjYwZjZmXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTA2MTE3MTg5._V1_SY1000_CR0,0,795,1000_AL_.jpg
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    edited May 29 Posts: 3,676
    matt_u wrote: »

Nice. What's of note here is the suitcases. Might this suggest that we see them arrive in Matera? That was not how I pictured things. I had always assumed that when we first see Bond and Madeleine, they had already been staying in Matera for a day or two.
    TripAces wrote: »

Nice. What's of note here is the suitcases. Might this suggest that we see them arrive in Matera? That was not how I pictured things. I had always assumed that when we first see Bond and Madeleine, they had already been staying in Matera for a day or two.

We see them arrive in the DB5, through a tunnel, and then checking in the hotel.

MV5BMGRiODU0MjQtOWZiOS00NDBjLWJlODMtYjdiZDE5NjYwZjZmXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTA2MTE3MTg5._V1_SY1000_CR0,0,795,1000_AL_.jpg

That's the one!

Looking at it now on my computer screen as opposed to my phone, it's a little bit more terrifying!
  • jabalijabali Chicago, USA

We see them arrive in the DB5, through a tunnel, and then checking in the hotel.

Right, I remember those reports from the summer! My guess is we start with the Norway flashback, then the beach scene with Bond+Swann that we saw in that short Billie song trailer, then Matera proper.

The title song seems to relate too much to Bond feeling betrayed for it to be placed before the Matera action. Looks like this is shaping up to be the longest PTS by a wide margin.
    edited May 30 Posts: 1,822

@TripAces Luggage by Globe-Trotter in sponsorship deal with EON. I have footage of DC and Lea arriving at the 'hotel entrance' in Matera and 'hotel staff' taking care of the luggage from the boot of the DB5

https://www.globe-trotter.com/no-time-to-die-luggage-collection/
    https://www.globe-trotter.com/product-category/bond/

This photo was posted on globe-trotter as part of the promotion but has now been deleted from the site. I was the one who found it like three months ago and of course saved them all.

It's a set rebuilt at Pinewood. Not from the Matera hotel room/balcony set. If you look at the top of exterior view of Matera, you'll see it's been cut off which means it's a photo wall. The same thing they did with the Hoffler Klinik set with Sölden as a backdrop.
  • mtmmtm
    Yes, wasn’t that set incredibly hot because of all the windows and lights they had to throw at it? Can’t be great when you’ve been given ski gear to wear!

Wow. Sorry for the alert. Crazy times, man, I'm too old for this...
    jabali wrote: »

Right, I remember those reports from the summer! My guess is we start with the Norway flashback, then the beach scene with Bond+Swann that we saw in that short Billie song trailer, then Matera proper.

The title song seems to relate too much to Bond feeling betrayed for it to be placed before the Matera action. Looks like this is shaping up to be the longest PTS by a wide margin.

PTS 18 min long.. If I'm not mistaken
  • ResurrectionResurrection Kolkata, India

I knew that it would be a long opening but didn't knew it was exactly 18 minutes, do we have any source for that?

I knew that it would be a long opening but didn't knew it was exactly 18 minutes, do we have any source for that?

Don't remember the source. Pretty sure one the other guys in here knows, like @antovolk

Wow. Sorry for the alert. Crazy times, man, I'm too old for this...

Don't apologise. Hardly your fault!
    Crazy times, man, I'm too old for this...

Aren't we all, old friend? ;)