No Time to Die production thread

Comments

• WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service
    I'd rather risk getting the virus and seeing the film tbh. Who says things will be any better in November. How ironic. Original release Nov 19 then back to square one a year later. I guess April just ain't a good month for Bond.

Me too.
  • cwl007cwl007 England
    I wonder if a secondary reason is that the plot contains a virus type story of some kind and it felt a bit unpalatable. Just a thought, makes me think of that Schwarzenegger film back in 2001 that was delayed because of 9/11. (Not comparing 9/11 itself with Corona before anyone comments)
    Any whiff of that type of thing would inevitably attract criticism towards Bond.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    I'd rather risk getting the virus and seeing the film tbh.

You’re happy to pass it to any family members over 60 or young children and risk them dying then? So you can watch a movie?
    mtm wrote: »

You’re happy to pass it to any family members over 60 or young children and risk them dying then? So you can watch a movie?

So what you are basicly saying is that everyone in the world should stay indoors until this passes?
    Tuck91 wrote: »
    Zekidk wrote: »
    So it's not about money, since the biggest market is the Internet, and they have no intend of releasing it through Amazon, Netflix etc? What happens if there's even more panic in November?

You’ll be watching it at home I guarantee it.
    It’s not all up to Eon. MGM and Universal will just cut their losses and sell it.

You mean they would sell it to a streaming platform if things don't improve in November?

I think it's highly unlikely things will improve and I've been following the events very closely.
  • DeerAtTheGatesDeerAtTheGates Belgium
    So it's not about money, since the biggest market is the Internet, and they have no intend of releasing it through Amazon, Netflix etc? What happens if there's even more panic in November?

It is about money, as cinema tickets are way more expensive than a streaming subscription. So they get more money from it.

And then there’s the distributor problem: which platform can they choose? The answer is none, as MGM certainly won’t allow the film to exclusively release on a platform that is a direct rival of theirs, Epix. If you listen to the shareholder conference calls, the big shots are always talking about Epix and how wonderful it is that MGM has their own platform. And yet they won’t release NTTD on it, because nobody uses it, aside from those same big shots.

• edited March 2020 Posts: 3,336
    Look at the bright side guys, now we have lots of time to discuss the him/you debate.

So what you are basicly saying is that everyone in the world should stay indoors until this passes?

Yeah. Meanwhile get yourself a VR system and work from home, stay in touch with friends and watch Bond films together.

Over 60? Hell yes. All of world's problems would be solved if Boomers disappeared.

It is about money, as cinema tickets are way more expensive than a streaming subscription. So they get more money from it.

And then there’s the distributor problem: which platform can they choose? The answer is none, as MGM certainly won’t allow the film to exclusively release on a platform that is a direct rival of theirs, Epix. If you listen to the shareholder conference calls, the big shots are always talking about Epix and how wonderful it is that MGM has their own platform. And yet they won’t release NTTD on it, because nobody uses it, aside from those same big shots.
    In other words: There's a chance we will be seing MI:7 and MI:8 before NTTD!
  • ContrabandContraband Sweden
    edited March 2020 Posts: 3,018
    It seems like Craig is still on for Saturday, hosting SNL. Three clip uploaded

The visit on Jimmy Fallon tomorrow has been cancelled. Other guests now.

Still wiki-listed as a guest on Grahams show in April but that should be scrapped any day now and rescheduled in the fall.

SNL:
    https://www.nbc.com/saturday-night-live/video/daniel-craig-cant-shake-his-007-habits-at-snl/4126891
  • WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service
    edited March 2020 Posts: 3,157

Human beings are virus themselves. They've been destroying the planet, keep killing and torturing other people or animals, children are subject to child labour, wars and slavery are still a thing etc. Not OP here but yes, I'd be happy to pass the coronavirus to as many people as possible, even more so if a Bond movie was my reward for that.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Spoken like a true Bond villain. =))
  • DwayneDwayne New York City
    ertert wrote: »
    E3 is still happening, as far as we know SXSW is still happening, countless sporting events at least in the U.S. This is pointless.

Not yet. I’m sure the respective heads of the major professional sports leagues are evaluating things and drawing up alternative plans (i.e., playing the games, but not having anyone in attendance – which is being done in Japan BTW).

As the UK government are discussing similar quarantine restrictions as China if this virus gets any worse, you might have no choice but to stay indoors. Just out of curiosity, what country do you live in @Zekidk?
    No Time for Excitement / Happiness.

I just can’t get over how dumb of a move this is. Purely done out of greed most likely. As others have pointed out there is no way for anyone to even know how the virus situation will be in November.
  • pachazopachazo Make Your Choice
    I understand the financial reasons behind the decision, but I cannot hide my disappointment. I am close to some South Korean students living in this country and they are scared out of their minds about what is going on over there. They cannot leave for Spring Break because they won't be allowed to come back. There have been some hateful comments going on in this thread. What a shame some people will act this way.
    I'm extremely disappointed as well, but I don't wish death on people because of a movie.

I was so looking forward to seeing a Bond film in the theater in the spring/summer again! I do loathe these November releases to be honest. One setback after another. I really hope this is a damn good film!

But that would make it an ideal opportunity to boost their platform now, wouldn´t it?

• edited March 2020 Posts: 3,161
    bondsum wrote: »

As the UK government are discussing similar quarantine restrictions as China if this virus gets any worse, you might have no choice but to stay indoors. Just out of curiosity, what country do you live in @Zekidk?

Denmark. And you are in UK where 0 has died and 8 of the 75 infected so far has recovered?

https://gisanddata.maps.arcgis.com/apps/opsdashboard/index.html?fbclid=IwAR1TrwCqUyZkor6NSd1DPfQriA-vETkxSm0wgZuK0AluACJ8W7LgcEGs5dY#/bda7594740fd40299423467b48e9ecf6
  • edited March 2020 Posts: 490
    boldfinger wrote: »

But that would make it an ideal opportunity to boost their platform now, wouldn´t it?

I would be all in favor to have an April streaming release on whatever platform and then a theater release in November. Totally unrealistic I know.

I could see them potentially doing a streaming release in November if the virus sticks around, but I know very little about the movie business.
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    EON made the right decision. Tough call, but it's the best option for now.
    And no, it won't backfire. Bond will be more than fine being released in November.

Over 60? Hell yes. All of world's problems would be solved if Boomers disappeared.
    You've heard of karma @Benjamin_Weekly69? What happens if there's a second wave of coronavirus just like there was the Spanish Flu that targets only the young next? You're probably aware that Spanish Flu started out by only targeting the elderly first, before the second wave killed just the young with their own immune system working against them. Not all Boomers are over 60, by the way, as it goes to mid-1964.
  • DrClatterhandDrClatterhand United Kingdom
    Let's hope the next run of films are released more frequently. The Craig era has been beset with delays.
    And no, it won't backfire. Bond will be more than fine being released in November.

How can anyone even be sure the film will actually be released in November at this point?
  • DonnyDB5DonnyDB5 Buffalo, New York
    I get why they did it. I truly do. I just really, really hope the movie is quite special and all this eternal waiting we’ve been doing to see Bond back on the big screen isn’t for nothing.
  • edited March 2020 Posts: 832
    Well this just sucks. My life is hard enough, now I'm not getting a bond film anytime soon. This has easily been the most painful/ unnecessary gap between films ever for me (wasn't around for ltk-ge). I also actually really liked the idea of a spring release, and think they should adopt it in the future even without the particular reasons for it this time around. Just gonna have to forget about this film (and this forum) for 7 months.
    "Bond Fans Plead for No Time to Die to Get Later Release Date"

"staff of the popular Bond fansite MI6-HQ wrote in an open letter."

So the staff here speaks on behalf of all Bond fans, I guess.

some intense swearing

https://people.com/movies/bond-fans-plead-for-no-time-to-die-to-get-later-release-date-amid-coronavirus-outbreaks/
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars

Oh how this warms my heart, Benjamin buddy. I, and several friends, are in the category of most vulnerable to the virus (age and health conditions) - for the most severe consequences. Yeah. I take comfort in your good wishes. Same back atcha, pal.
  • I'm waiting for the delay announcement of all the other blockbusters supposedly coming out this spring /summer. So far NTTD is the only one to move its release date for COVID-19.
    FoxRox wrote: »

How can anyone even be sure the film will actually be released in November at this point?

I'm skeptical honestly. This virus isn't going anywhere. It may die down in the Summer but will surely be back with a vengeance this Fall.

I could easily see it being delayed again or sold to a streaming platform. I have no knowledge of the movie business I just know anyone betting on this virus being contained by then are likely to be wrong.