No Time to Die production thread

Comments

• DenbighDenbigh UK
    antovolk wrote: »
    Denbigh wrote: »
    This is also looking incredible...

...and with Sandgren's cinematogrpahy. Damn. A pre-title sequence to be reckoned with :)

And in full IMAX too!
    *drops dead*
  • 00Agent00Agent Any man who drinks Dom Perignon '52 can't be all bad.

...and with Sandgren's cinematogrpahy. Damn. A pre-title sequence to be reckoned with :)

And in full IMAX too!
    *drops dead*
    fhd006VLR_Eva_Green_041.jpg
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    Contraband wrote: »
    @mtm This is pretty cool. Fresh clip. Car choreography rehearsal ... slowly around. It's like a beautiful dance

Damn. When's the last time Bond had this array of vehicles on his butt??? He has seriously pissed them off!!! Love it!!!
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    mtm wrote: »
    Big old scrape on the side of that one! Tracking dots too; maybe to add a dent?

Or remove damage if needed.
    Oberhauser probably sent mercenaries after bond after Westminster bridge.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    talos7 wrote: »

I would think any damage these cars receive is going to be pretty much painted on; both because they would want it to match across all of the double cars and because it seems like these cars may not be made from metal as real DB5s would: so that means they won't dent like metal but probably just break apart.
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    edited August 2019 Posts: 12,459

This link to website has videos (maybe already seen here; I don't know) filmed on 26th, I think. And a photo gallery and lots of text in Italian. B-)
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    edited August 2019 Posts: 5,766
    [removed]
    @mtm This is pretty cool. Fresh clip. Car choreography rehearsal ... slowly around. It's like a beautiful dance

THIS IS GLORIOUS

The stunt cherography look beautiful and the fact that the camera seems to be in motion and by the DB5's side as it tries to navigate out of the sticky situation is perfect! It looks like this whole beat is being done in one shot. Modern action films (*cough* Marvel*cough*) rely on an abundance of quick cuts and CGI. But this action is all in camera and it's beautiful.

Also, the blue Jaguar is nowhere to be seen yet.......it looks as though Bond is being chased by a Jaguar XJ L and a Triumph motorcycle.

2017_jaguar_xj_sedan_xjl-portfolio_fq_oem_1_1600.jpg

So...................................................................................................is Daniel Craig there this week?
  • ContrabandContraband Sweden
    edited August 2019 Posts: 3,018

This link to website has videos (maybe already seen here; I don't know) filmed on 26th, I think. And a photo gallery and lots of text in Italian. B-)

@4EverBonded Bad news. Yesterday's video & pic collection. Already posted both here, Youtube, Instagram and press all over the world.

I'm keeping a close eye on their site and twitterfeed
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    So not "bad news" at all. :) It's fine if already posted, no big deal. I don't scour every page on here first.
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans

I would think any damage these cars receive is going to be pretty much painted on; both because they would want it to match across all of the double cars and because it seems like these cars may not be made from metal as real DB5s would: so that means they won't dent like metal but probably just break apart.

Well the dots ate registration points that give the Effects artist points of reference and alignment. It allows them to do virtually anything in post.
    In this case within the same shot, the car could go from having no damage to having significant damage. For the beginning of the shot the entire side of the vehicle could be replaced by a CG , clean counterpart; after the impact we would see the car, as pictured, with the damage.
    Anything is possible.

• RC7RC7
    That number plate is definitely an optional extra. And if rumours are true it’s potentially had an upgrade.

And in full IMAX too!
    Are these scenes filmed using IMAX cameras?

THIS IS GLORIOUS

The stunt cherography look beautiful and the fact that the camera seems to be in motion and by the DB5's side as it tries to navigate out of the sticky situation is perfect! It looks like this whole beat is being done in one shot. Modern action films (*cough* Marvel*cough*) rely on an abundance of quick cuts and CGI. But this action is all in camera and it's beautiful.

Also, the blue Jaguar is nowhere to be seen yet.......it looks as though Bond is being chased by a Jaguar XJ L and a Triumph motorcycle.

So...................................................................................................is Daniel Craig there this week?

@Pierce2Daniel This is what I know - so far:

- Shooting in Matera, Gravina, etc, 25 aug - 21 sept

- According to italian media Craig shows up in sept. Don't remember the exact date but something like 5, 6, 7 sept. Shooting first in a church I think.

- Second unit/stunt driving same location area 25-30 aug: Via D'Addozio, Rec. I D'Addozio , Via Fiorentini, Via Sant'Antonio Abate, Vico Sant'Agostino, Piazza Garibaldi, Via Madonna Delle Virtù, Piazza San Pietro Caveoso, Via Bruno Buozzi

- New location area from 2 sept: Via Casalnuovo, stretch between Via Cappuccini and Via Ridola, Via Ridola, between Via Lucana and Via Duni, Via Duni, Via Lucana, from number 178 to the intersection with Via P. Vena side Dx towards the periphery, Via Lanera, stretch between Via Castello and Via Lucana on the right side in the direction of this last street;

• edited August 2019 Posts: 3,164
    Zekidk wrote: »

And in full IMAX too!
    Are these scenes filmed using IMAX cameras?

Yeah, they’re all over the Matera set photos.

Looks like most of the film’s action set pieces were shot on the format. They really are going almost full Nolan with their use...so so exciting.

Now, if Universal actually make some damn 70mm prints....otherwise we’d all have to trek to Manchester haha
  • DonnyDB5DonnyDB5 Buffalo, New York
    I thought DC wasn’t expected to arrive in Matera until the very end of Sept. If it’s sooner than that, that’d be cool.
    Been away for a night so just catching up. Great pics from Italy, didn't play the video clips as want to save that for the movie night!! :-bd
    edited August 2019 Posts: 3,018
    Is it possible to rip the TMZ-video? DB5's intense rubber-to-the-road action. Also a better look at Lea's stunt-double gal sitting in the car

TMZ

That´s what they said about van Hoytema too. I´ll wait till I see some original footage.

• mtmmtm United Kingdom

Well the dots ate registration points that give the Effects artist points of reference and alignment. It allows them to do virtually anything in post.
    In this case within the same shot, the car could go from having no damage to having significant damage. For the beginning of the shot the entire side of the vehicle could be replaced by a CG , clean counterpart; after the impact we would see the car, as pictured, with the damage.
    Anything is possible.

That's a good point; it might be there to erase the damage just before we see the cars bang together.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    RC7 wrote: »
    That number plate is definitely an optional extra. And if rumours are true it’s potentially had an upgrade.

Weird how there are cars wearing the BMT plate as well; there's even a shot of a guy holding some of the Italian plates under his arm. I guess it must be some sort of upgrade to the rotating plates, although I'm not sure how much good it would do as I'm not sure I'd be likely to mistake one silver DB5 for another in a small Italian town! :D
  • J_Bryce777J_Bryce777 San Francisco
    Fresh pic at the cemetary. Random name?

kHfllg3.png

Nice collection

YQQG3lV.jpg

I wonder who's grave they visit. I know most are thinking Vesper but what about Mr. White. And maybe Mrs. White, whoever she is. Since I still believe the lake scene is a flashback and that a part of the plot will be something personal involving Madeleine.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom

THIS IS GLORIOUS

I think there are a couple of Jaguar XF-S rather than XJ..?
  • SuperintendentSuperintendent A separate pool. For sharks, no less.
    Is it possible to rip the TMZ-video? DB5's intense rubber-to-the-road action. Also a better look at Lea's stunt-double gal sitting in the car

TMZ

This one?

https://tmzvod-a.akamaihd.net/tmz/2019-08/26/0_b8jb9vbk_0_cfh9grmc.mp4

boldfinger wrote: »
    Yes, it´s a great shot indeed. Is it in the film?

I've seen SP only three times, but I'm pretty sure this is a screenshot from the movie.

• ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    J_Bryce777 wrote: »
    Fresh pic at the cemetary. Random name?

kHfllg3.png

Nice collection

YQQG3lV.jpg

I wonder who's grave they visit. I know most are thinking Vesper but what about Mr. White. And maybe Mrs. White, whoever she is. Since I still believe the lake scene is a flashback and that a part of the plot will be something personal involving Madeleine.

Does the grave have to belong to someone we know?
    Don't know why but found this hypnotising (from yesterday) :

Univex wrote: »
    Tuck91 wrote: »
    Google classifies NTTD as a mystery/thriller. Hmmm

One wishes.

In my dreams... :)

THIS IS GLORIOUS

Who stole my father’s car?

The clips look good but if they don’t have decently lengthed POV’s in this car chase scene then it just won’t be as exciting for me as the ones in Ronin. Now these are brilliantly shot car chase scenes.

TMZ

This one?

https://tmzvod-a.akamaihd.net/tmz/2019-08/26/0_b8jb9vbk_0_cfh9grmc.mp4

@Superintendent Yes sir, that's the one. Thanks!!