Who remembers Syphon Filter?

Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
edited November 2011 in 007 Gaming Posts: 7,854
The title says it all. I was browsing through my PS1 games today and found Syphon Filter again. I haven't played this game in years, and playing again brought back some memories. Anybody else got some to share?

Comments

I remember it being the South Park of games when it was released - it was the kind of game that your parents didn't want you to play, which only made it all the more appealing to a group of Year 7 students. But I never actually did play it, largely because I never enjoyed shooters.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    I was never aware of it being the "South Park" of video games (maybe that's a difference in geography, y'see I live in the US, and judging by your terminology, I'm guessing you're a Brit, correct me if I'm wrong). I DID know, however, that the critics in the US just plain bashed the series started with 2, and I liked the games that followed (well, outside Omega Strain, that is).
    Well, that was just the reputation it had in my school. Maybe that was the only place it has said reputation.

And I'm not British. I'm Australian.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    I don't know, maybe that rep was elsewhere.

And thanks for clearing up the localization issue, there. I can never tell the difference between an Aussie and a Brit by how they write.
    That's because Austalians don't use slang nearly as often as CROCODILE DUNDEE led you to believe.
    Actually, though I liked those movies, I always assumed Australians didn't talk like that. Something about it seemed too... stereotyped. Well, let's get back to the topic before this gets closed for straying away.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Yeah I remember the adventures of Gabe Logan. I only played the first one though, it was pretty good.
    You should have played 2 and 3 as well. There's some great story threads running between 1 and 3.
  • WillardWhyteWillardWhyte Midnight Society #ProjectMoon
    I remember this series quite well. I bought the PS1 collection of the games on PS store 2 years ago, and re-lived the adventures of Gabe Logan. Maybe in the future a replay will take place, but at least I have them. One of the lines always make me laugh when Gabe, says "ROMER" in the final battle. Just the way he says it, gets me every time.
    You ever come across that glitch in the first one, where you enter a room at the museum or whatever that place was, you're in front of a T-Rex statue and then you walk on a square and suddenly you're in black land? I read somewhere that this is the easiest glitch to find, and I've never found it.
    No that doses not sound familiar.
    What's your favorite level in any game?
    I remember a level on top of a snowy mountain, where the enemy parachutes in and you can auto aim and kill them mid flight. I always liked that.
    That was the first mission of 2. I loved that mission, too. My favorites would probably have to be most of 2's missions (it had the best missions in the series), the first half of 1 and probably the last half of 3.