My word on Bond censorship

About time I opened my own flippin' thread on this site! I'd like to talk to you all tonight about a certain censorship documentary that'll be coming out soon.

It's a new documentary by GnC Films highlighting the censorial changes made to various Bond films over the years. I, for one, anticipate this project greatly, and Gavin Salkeld's told me it's next on his list to finish after the Manhunt 2 episode for Cutting Edge's fourth season.

Personally, Bond's censorship history really interests me to an extent. Knowing certain cuts to the films were permanently incorporated into all final release. The films that interest me the most would be Licence to Kill, GoldenEye, Tomorrow Never Dies and Spectre.

What would you lot think?

Comments

• PropertyOfALadyPropertyOfALady Colders Federation CEO
    I contributed money to that one. Looking forward to it.
  • I contributed money to that one. Looking forward to it.

So you did. :)
    When a film is made I understand the need for censorship. However? When the film appears on TV it is edited to shreds! It makes so frustrated and annoyed as it should appear as it did when show in the cinema.
  • RogueAgent wrote: »
    When a film is made I understand the need for censorship. However? When the film appears on TV it is edited to shreds! It makes so frustrated and annoyed as it should appear as it did when show in the cinema.

Indubitably.
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    A companion thread like this on the foreign languages used in the James Bond novels would be an interesting idea too if anyone wants to bring it forward.
  • PropertyOfALadyPropertyOfALady Colders Federation CEO
    Dragonpol wrote: »
    A companion thread like this on the foreign languages used in the James Bond novels would be an interesting idea too if anyone wants to bring it forward.

I think you may have posted in the wrong thread.
  • j_w_pepperj_w_pepper Born on the bayou. I can still hear my old hound dog barkin'.

I second the emotion.
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    edited October 2018 Posts: 17,797

Oh, sugar. So I did! Apologies. It happened as I was reading both threads on my phone.
  • Alright everyone! I'm back on the MI6 forums after so long, so if anyone has any inquiries on Bond's history with the censors, please don't hesitate to reply. :)