A bit late, but here are the gameweek 2 captaincy picks:
    Salah: 8
    Kane: 3
    Rashford: 2
    Aubameyang: 2
    Agüero: 1
    De Bruyne: 1
    van Dijk: 1

Salah the go-to option for the majority of the league, with other good options making the rest of the captaincy picks.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    I think it inevitable I will play my wild card by friday

Didn't see this before now. Did you play the wildcard?

No though if I had it would have paid off as I was going to Bring in Mane and Sterling (its still early days and next week will be more favourable for my team and I will have two free transfers), I am just glad Salah did not score many points as I Captained Kane. Been asleep so missed most of the games, watching City v Spurs now De Bruyne bailed me out though very low points so far this GW
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    edited August 2019 Posts: 23,060
    Pukki hatrick was typical, I was looking at him as a swap for King though a few FPL channels suggested if managers had King best to keep him as Pukki was a risk, at least King got a penalty though he is gone from my team soon.
    Late drama in added on time City winner denied due to hand ball for Laporte, get in this should end 2 - 2

No though if I had it would have paid off as I was going to Bring in Mane and Sterling (its still early days and next week will be more favourable for my team and I will have two free transfers), I am just glad Salah did not score many points as I Captained Kane. Been asleep so missed most of the games, watching City v Spurs now De Bruyne bailed me out though very low points so far this GW

Good score for De Bruyne tonight; low scores for everyone but Digne in my team.
    Pukki hatrick was typical, I was looking at him as a swap for King though a few FPL channels suggested if managers had King best to keep him as Pukki was a risk, at least King got a penalty though he is gone from my team soon.

Debated whether I should have got Pukki all week, but in the end I decided against it. Safe to say I regret that now!
    Late drama in added on time City winner denied due to hand ball for Laporte, get in this should end 2 - 2

Good news for Liverpool and other top six sides this. Luckily Arsenal managed a win against Burnley.

Debated whether I should have got Pukki all week, but in the end I decided against it. Safe to say I regret that now!

Good news for Liverpool and other top six sides this. Luckily Arsenal managed a win against Burnley.

It's early days though City dropping points makes it interesting at least, inevitably I expect City to win the league, at times they were superb against Spurs tonight, I hate to say it though they remind me of how the great United sides used to over power teams. I was looking to get Sterling in for De Bruyne though I want both players in my side on current form
    Pukki may score now and then though he won't face Newcastle's defence every week.

Having double Liverpool defence does not look good currently...

My Wildcard is immenant, maybe week four or five just to readjust certain areas of my team.

If I hit a Wildcard does that wipe any banked free transfers?

It's early days though City dropping points makes it interesting at least, inevitably I expect City to win the league, at times they were superb against Spurs tonight, I hate to say it though they remind me of how the great United sides used to over power teams. I was looking to get Sterling in for De Bruyne though I want both players in my side on current form

Sp*rs were lucky to get a draw. It was all about City, and I expect City will win similar games 9/10 times. Really tempted to bring in De Bruyne, but I struggle to see how I can do it.
    Pukki may score now and then though he won't face Newcastle's defence every week.

My Wildcard is immenant, maybe week four or five just to readjust certain areas of my team.

The reason I'm tempted by Pukki is that he managed to score against Liverpool away. Following up with a hat trick show signs of great form. It will be a form vs fixtures decision, I think.

I might consider transferring out one of my Liverpool defenders to upgrade other places in the team. I hate making defensive transfers this early though.

A wildcard will leave you with just one free transfer the following week, unfortunately.
    I put Lundstram in my starting 11, he got an early yellow though just seen that he has actually scored, nice

Sp*rs were lucky to get a draw. It was all about City, and I expect City will win similar games 9/10 times. Really tempted to bring in De Bruyne, but I struggle to see how I can do it.

The reason I'm tempted by Pukki is that he managed to score against Liverpool away. Following up with a hat trick show signs of great form. It will be a form vs fixtures decision, I think.

I might consider transferring out one of my Liverpool defenders to upgrade other places in the team. I hate making defensive transfers this early though.

A wildcard will leave you with just one free transfer the following week, unfortunately.

I will use my two free transfers and the more I have thought about it and the way Norwich set up, Pukki for King seems a decent move
  • edited August 2019 Posts: 17,235
    I put Lundstram in my starting 11, he got an early yellow though just seen that he has actually scored, nice

First on bench for me. Only put Zinchenko in the starting eleven minutes before the deadline…

I will use my two free transfers and the more I have thought about it and the way Norwich set up, Pukki for King seems a decent move

Norwich certainly are very attacking. Can't make my mind up about which moves to make before next deadline. I can see 4-5 spots to change, but it seems a bit early to play the wildcard…
    Get in Sheffield United 1 - 0 Crystal Palace, looks like 14 points from Lundstram on its way to me very unexpected though welcome as its been a crap points week... three more players for me to hopefully hit 50 points, I will be happy with a total around that ball park this week

First on bench for me. Only put Zinchenko in the starting eleven minutes before the deadline…

Norwich certainly are very attacking. Can't make my mind up about which moves to make before next deadline. I can see 4-5 spots to change, but it seems a bit early to play the wildcard…

I benched Tarkovski again as could not see Burnley getting a clean sheet, plus Sheffield United are decent defensively
    Get in Sheffield United 1 - 0 Crystal Palace, looks like 14 points from Lundstram on its way to me very unexpected though welcome as its been a crap points week... three more players for me to hopefully hit 50 points, I will be happy with a total around that ball park this week

Lost 13 points playing a City defender. Who would have thought…

I benched Tarkovski again as could not see Burnley getting a clean sheet, plus Sheffield United are decent defensively

Some tricky fixtures for Sheffield United going forward, but I think it's safe to play a Sheffield defender in the easier games!

Some tricky fixtures for Sheffield United going forward, but I think it's safe to play a Sheffield defender in the easier games!

Certainly the home games for Sheffield United, its good to have one or two bargain basement bench players that will play and can be rotated when better squad players are up against top sides
    Mason Mount scored for Chelsea, he appears to be ahead of Barkley in the pecking order, Barkley on the bench

Perez out on the wing again for Leicester, he wont last long in my team at this rate

Certainly the home games for Sheffield United, its good to have one or two bargain basement bench players that will play and can be rotated when better squad players are up against top sides

Indeed. If Lundstram keep playing, he might be the 4.0 option of choice this season, much like Wan-Bissaka last season.
    Mason Mount scored for Chelsea, he appears to be ahead of Barkley in the pecking order, Barkley on the bench

Perez out on the wing again for Leicester, he wont last long in my team at this rate

Not where you want to see Pérez on the pitch…

Indeed. If Lundstram keep playing, he might be the 4.0 option of choice this season, much like Wan-Bissaka last season.

Chelsea dropping more points good to see, a consolation to fpl assets not delivering re: Perez

Chelsea dropping more points good to see, a consolation to fpl assets not delivering re: Perez

Indeed. Not the easiest fixture for Leicester this, but I hoped Pérez could get more from this game. Sheffield United and Bournemouth up next though.
  • conradhankersconradhankers Underground
    I'm off the bottom and moved to 10th so far. Phew. Don't know what I'm doing but I'm over the moon and it's a game of two halves and VAR is stopping the flow of the game and Newcastle are in for a hard season etc...
    I've dropped to the bottom of the league but still have 3 Wolves and 1 Man Utd players to come tonight.
  • BennyBenny keeping tabs on youAdministrator, Moderator
    Long way to go Bazza. I'm still trying to make a few adjustments to my team.
    Hoping I can go better than last year. ;)
    Benny wrote: »
    Long way to go Bazza. I'm still trying to make a few adjustments to my team.
    Hoping I can go better than last year. ;)

I know the feeling,old chum !
    I'm off the bottom and moved to 10th so far. Phew. Don't know what I'm doing but I'm over the moon and it's a game of two halves and VAR is stopping the flow of the game and Newcastle are in for a hard season etc...

Your Wildcard paid off, a good score for this GW so far
    @Torgeirtrap when do price rises usually occur?

The thing to remember with FPL is that one bad gameweek might be followed by a great one. Having more gameweeks like the latter rather than the former will likely give you a good overall rank by the end of the season.

I personally like VAR; it's how they use it and some of the rules that can be discussed. I think given time, VAR will become better and hopefully a natural part of the game.
    barryt007 wrote: »
    I've dropped to the bottom of the league but still have 3 Wolves and 1 Man Utd players to come tonight.

The season's just started and the gaps in leagues are minimal. A few results in your favour can see you climb to the top of the league table, @barryt007!

I'm not sure, but I think I read somewhere that they happen at around 1 a.m or 2 a.m (UK time). Price changes can happen any day of the week though, depending on transfer activity. De Bryune went up 0.1 already last night.

The thing to remember with FPL is that one bad gameweek might be followed by a great one. Having more gameweeks like the latter rather than the former will likely give you a good overall rank by the end of the season.

I personally like VAR; it's how they use it and some of the rules that can be discussed. I think given time, VAR will become better and hopefully a natural part of the game.

The season's just started and the gaps in leagues are minimal. A few results in your favour can see you climb to the top of the league table, @barryt007!

I'm not sure, but I think I read somewhere that they happen at around 1 a.m or 2 a.m (UK time). Price changes can happen any day of the week though, depending on transfer activity. De Bryune went up 0.1 already last night.

Cheers I am trying to determine whether Pukki had had a price rise, he is at 6.7 so he must have had two price rises I am sure he started at 6.5

Cheers I am trying to determine whether Pukki had had a price rise, he is at 6.7 so he must have had two price rises I am sure he started at 6.5

Every player start at prices ending with .0 or .5, so if Pukki is as 6.7 – he's gone up by 0.2. He was at 6.6 before this weekend, and probably went up to 6.7 last night.
    Get in Martial goal, Rashford assist

Wolves 0 - 1 United
    Bugger x bloody Man Utd have scored.
    At least it Martial, my only Utd player in my team so much needed points .

I need my 3 Wolves players to wake up !!!