The Fantasy thread *Gameweek 29 deadline: Sat 16 Mar 13:30 UK time!*

Comments

St_George wrote: »
    St_George wrote: »
    Ha, clearly I should have made Sterling my captain, as opposed to Kane. Should have taken a second look at my team selection last week, really. But it was a busy week.

All things considered, though, a decent start after so long away from this thing. :)

How many points did you get?

67 points.

Nine behind you (I assume that's you at the top of the league, at present?)... ;)

Just went through the scores; I guess your team is George'sRetroRockets? If so, you're on 93!
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    No United coverage in my team is certainly having an impact on the overall rank today…

I have three United players, clean sheet and two Pogba assists was welcome today. Shame Greenwood came on as I would have got 90 points this GW. Hopefully I'll get bonus from Maguire and Pogba

A high-scoring gameweek it seems – especially for those with United defenders and/or attackers in their teams!

I am in one League where many FPL managers were already in the 110+ points bracket yesterday some managers are on another level

Did many of them play Triple Captain already?
    This GW is very high scoring so keeping in touch with the top is something

Don't think the last two seasons had such high scores in gameweek 1. It will be a race to keep up with these point hauls!

Good point a bet a few Triple Captains on Sterling were played

It was a good gameweek to play the TC chip on either Salah or Sterling, and I bet plenty of the high scores involved chips in play. I'm likely to spend the chips later in the season, but as with the previous two seasons, I'm sure the scores will be minimal when I do play them, haha!

I was tempted to play the triple Captain on Salah, though I will be honest he would have been my only choice if I did. TP will be saved for a double GW for certain, Kane is usually a slow starter so his points were a welcome bonus
  • edited August 2019 Posts: 17,235
    No United coverage in my team is certainly having an impact on the overall rank today…

I have three United players, clean sheet and two Pogba assists was welcome today. Shame Greenwood came on as I would have got 90 points this GW. Hopefully I'll get bonus from Maguire and Pogba

A high-scoring gameweek it seems – especially for those with United defenders and/or attackers in their teams!

I am in one League where many FPL managers were already in the 110+ points bracket yesterday some managers are on another level

Don't think the last two seasons had such high scores in gameweek 1. It will be a race to keep up with these point hauls!

It was a good gameweek to play the TC chip on either Salah or Sterling, and I bet plenty of the high scores involved chips in play. I'm likely to spend the chips later in the season, but as with the previous two seasons, I'm sure the scores will be minimal when I do play them, haha!

I was tempted to play the triple Captain on Salah, though I will be honest he would have been my only choice if I did. TP will be saved for a double GW for certain, Kane is usually a slow starter so his points were a welcome bonus

Later in the season we'll have the benefits of double gameweeks too, which might be an advantage when playing the chips.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!

Later in the season we'll have the benefits of double gameweeks too, which might be an advantage.

I plan to use my chips late on in the season, learnt my lesson from last year.

Next week's fixtures don't look great so I'll stick with my current side and let my free transfer roll over, assuming there are no injuries etc.

Leader of one of the leagues I am in has 124 points (Sterling Triple Captain)

Later in the season we'll have the benefits of double gameweeks too, which might be an advantage.

Next week's fixtures don't look great so I'll stick with my current side and let my free transfer roll over, assuming there are no injuries etc.

Playing chips in double gameweeks looks good on paper, but it's not always a guarantee for big hauls. This is my third season now, and in the last two I think only a couple of them worked out the way I hoped, haha!

Tempted to use the free transfer personally, but next gameweek looks a bit more tricky to predict, so I might just hold.

Wow! Can't do much better than that!

Playing chips in double gameweeks looks good on paper, but it's not always a guarantee for big hauls. This is my third season now, and in the last two, I think only a couple of them worked out the way I hoped, haha!

Tempted to use the free transfer personally, but next gameweek looks a bit more tricky, so I might just hold.

I triple captained Agüero on double GW last season he got a Hatrick though did not feature the next game, still decent points in a crap first season for me :))

Playing chips in double gameweeks looks good on paper, but it's not always a guarantee for big hauls. This is my third season now, and in the last two, I think only a couple of them worked out the way I hoped, haha!

Tempted to use the free transfer personally, but next gameweek looks a bit more tricky, so I might just hold.

I triple captained Agüero on double GW last season he got a Hatrick though did not feature the next game, still decent points in a crap first season for me :))

That's Pep for you! If triple captaining a City player in a double gameweek, it's not just the fixtures themselves to take into consideration, it's the players playing time in recent games, playing time in cups and playing time in CL. Many factors to consider!

That's Pep for you! If triple captaining a City player in a double gameweek, it's not just the fixtures themselves to take into consideration, it's the players playing time in recent games, playing time in cups and playing time in CL. Many factors to consider!

Just looked at the current leader overall 142 points, when you see the line up wow!

Just looked at the current leader overall 142 points, when you see the line up wow!

That's hitting the gameweek 1 jackpot right there! Impressive.
    Tempted to play my Wildcard as I need to get Sterling in, though will only change four maybe five players
    Tempted to play my Wildcard as I need to get Sterling in, though will only change four maybe five players

I think it's too early, even if it's to find a spot for Sterling. Sp*rs up next for City, so it might not be the best time to bring him in. He could still do well against Sp*rs of course (I sure hope so!), but saving the transfer gives you the opportunity to get him with two or three transfers before Bournemouth away.
    edited August 2019 Posts: 23,060

I think it's too early, even if it's to find a spot for Sterling. Sp*rs up next for City, so it might not be the best time to bring him in. He could still do well against Sp*rs of course (I sure hope so!), but saving the transfer gives you the opportunity to get him with two or three transfers before Bournemouth away.

Changed my mind will wait until after GW2, I can bring Sterling in and get a 4.5 striker in with two free transfers, going to opt for 5 in midfield with one up front. All three of my bench players I have currently will get minutes so i can rotate them for the eleventh starting spot

Changed my mind will wait until after GW2, I can bring Sterling in and get a 4.5 striker in with two free transfers, going to opt for 5 in midfield with one up front. All three of my bench players I have currently will get minutes so i can rotate them for the eleventh starting spot

That might be the way to do it! I prefer to play two or three strikers personally, but there's definitely a lot of value in a strong midfield.

Another advantage saving the transfer, is that you give yourself another gameweek to look at how the players perform; some players that got high scores this weekend might continue the same way next weekend, while others might not. Other options might present themselves too.

That might be the way to do it! I prefer to play two or three strikers personally, but there's definitely a lot of value in a strong midfield.

Another advantage saving the transfer, is that you give yourself another gameweek to look at how the players perform; some players that got high scores this weekend might continue the same way next weekend, while others might not. Other options might present themselves too.

I want to get Martial in at some point he is technically a striker, I am short of 1 million to do that though I have a plan
  • edited August 2019 Posts: 19,339
    Spurs playing tonight hopefully Kane can match Sterling

With Heaton in goal in my team, I hope not!

After GW2 Sterling is a must I must be crazy not to have him in my side, I should have gone with three premium attackers they will make up for weaknesses elsewhere

After Sterling got the hat-trick I was jubilant !!

Then I realised he wasn't in this team,he was in my SKY FF team !!

At least Aub scored,and he is my captain.

B.Silva didn't play,and I don't think I can rely on him to play when it is costing me £8m.
    I have taken him out and replaced him with a player who is a striker but EFL has him as a midfielder !
    What a bonus,i can play him as well, without changing my front 3 !!

I want to get Martial in at some point he is technically a striker, I am short of 1 million to do that though I have a plan

I'm tempted by Martial too, but as of now I'll wait with transfers. Might change my mind before next deadline though!
    barryt007 wrote: »

After GW2 Sterling is a must I must be crazy not to have him in my side, I should have gone with three premium attackers they will make up for weaknesses elsewhere

B.Silva didn't play,and I don't think I can rely on him to play when it is costing me £8m.
    I have taken him out and replaced him with a player who is a striker but EFL has him as a midfielder !

Out of position players can be a huge benefit in FPL!

I'm tempted by Martial too, but as of now I'll wait with transfers. Might change my mind before next deadline though!

And you know the player i'm referring too.

There are several out of position players, you know!
    Here is our first gameweek winner of the season! =D>
    wnPuMas.jpg

And here's how the league managed in gameweek 1. Notice that several of our teams had the same scores, and that 9 out of 18 teams managed to beat or equal the average points of the gameweek (65). The average was VERY high this gameweek.
    League table standings:

1. George’sRetroRockets: GW 93 - TOT 93
    2. Team Extreme: GW 84 - TOT 84
    3. Dinamo Skruknott: GW 82 - TOT 82
    4. Overload GW: 72 - TOT 72
    5. GoldyTheRef: GW 71 - TOT 71
    6. EMRE CAN Fan: GW 70 - TOT 70
    6. bliblikadek: GW 70 - TOT 70
    8. LVLA Skopje 05: GW 65 - TOT 65
    8. AFC Fritzson: GW 65 - TOT 65
    10. MysticWarlordsOfKa’a: GW 62 - TOT 62
    11. bobby’sfashionsense: GW 61 - TOT 61
    11. 11 FishFingers: GW 61 - TOT 61
    13. Anotherwastedcorner: GW 54 - TOT 54
    14. MEJICO POWA: GW 52 - TOT 52
    14. Anfield FC: GW 52 - TOT 52
    16. Benny’s Blues: - GW 50 -TOT 50
    17. Flitwick Flyers: GW 45 - TOT 45
    18. DICKLESS TOWN: GW 43 - TOT 43

After the shit performance of my team this week,dont I know it !!

After the shit performance of my team this week,dont I know it !!

Plenty of gameweeks to go, Barry! Lot's of points yet to be won ;-)

City players are problematic, Sterling will likely be the most certain starter out of the attackers.
    --
    @Torgeirtrap I need to keep reminding myself there will always be players you can't have in your squad.
    --
    Congratulations to George’sRetroRockets for topping this League in GW1.
    Thanks go to @Torgeirtrap for the time and effort into this thread
    @Torgeirtrap I need to keep reminding myself there will always be players you can't have in your squad.

Yes, it's impossible to find a spot for them all! With transfers and wildcards you're likely to have plenty of good players during the season.

One strategy is to tap into the best teams as best you can. Can't afford Kane – go Son (when available), etc.
    Congratulations to George’sRetroRockets for topping this League in GW1.
    Thanks go to @Torgeirtrap for the time and effort into this thread

I do whatever I can to make things interesting! If there are any suggestions on how to make things even more interesting, give me a shout!
    A couple of handy tools to make it easier to keep track of things:

Price changes:
    http://www.fplstatistics.co.uk/
    (Click "Target" to switch between price rises/drops)

Live rankings while games are playing:
    https://www.livefpl.net/rank
    (Not 100% accurate (yet) it seems, but an indication on how your team is doing during the gameweek)

I'm adding these to the first page as well.
    _________

Edit: I've also added a link to Fantasy Football Scout (website + Youtube) on the first page.

Price changes:

(Not 100% accurate (yet) it seems, but an indication on how your team is doing during the gameweek)

_________

Edit: I've also added a link to Fantasy Football Scout (website + Youtube) on the first page.

Thanks for the link, no changes to players I am looking at so far thankfully

Price changes:

_________

Thanks for the link, no changes to players I am looking at so far thankfully

Looks like it's been quiet so far. There might be some price changes throughout the week though.
    The first price rises of the season:

I think it inevitable I will play my wild card by friday
    We should be given 9.4 million to sign Sane
    I think it inevitable I will play my wild card by friday

Didn't see this before now. Did you play the wildcard?