The Fantasy thread *Gameweek 29 deadline: Sat 16 Mar 13:30 UK time!*

Comments

• Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Almost did a -8 to get Greenwood, but didn't go through with it…

I was close to going Rashford to Greenwood though was worried Greenwood may be rested and my defence issue and reluctance to take a hit stopped me lol

I almost hit triple captain on Fernandes though bottled it lol

I'll likely be bringing in Greenwood for next GW, simply to block the scores I'm not getting now!

I thought the same, it will be a risk not having him, he was taken off relatively early and United's next game is in five days, he will start away to Villa I think.

I will sell Rashford and Bolster Midfield if I get a great score I will allow myself to take a - 4

I was close to going Rashford to Greenwood though was worried Greenwood may be rested and my defence issue and reluctance to take a hit stopped me lol

I'll likely be bringing in Greenwood for next GW, simply to block the scores I'm not getting now!

I thought the same, it will be a risk not having him, he was taken off relatively early and United's next game is in five days, he will start away to Villa I think.

I will sell Rashford and Bolster Midfield if I get a great score I will allow myself to take a - 4

I think is early sub would suggest that, yes – which is why I'm likely to make my transfer before price rises happen.

I brought in Rashford to strengthen in midfield, but I'm a bit angry I didn't just get Greenwood instead, as the money saved would allow me to do other transfers down the line. Oh well.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    edited July 2020 Posts: 23,060

I think is early sub would suggest that, yes – which is why I'm likely to make my transfer before price rises happen.

I brought in Rashford to strengthen in midfield, but I'm a bit angry I didn't just get Greenwood instead, as the money saved would allow me to do other transfers down the line. Oh well.

I will hold off on transfer for an hour until I have seen post match reactions etc, make sure Greenwood was not taken off for any other reasons. Last few GW's I have had money in the Bank. My focus on FPL really has been poor since restart. As good a distraction as Virtual FPL was, it took something away from FPL initially.

Greenwood 15 goals so far in Debut season and has been on the bench more often than not.

Both Rashford and Martial have 20 goals each for the season, promising for our young strikers.
    There goes my Wolves clean sheet, Saka has scored gr

I will hold off on transfer for an hour until I have seen post match reactions etc, make sure Greenwood was not taken off for any other reasons. Last few GW's I have had money in the Bank. My focus on FPL really has been poor since restart. As good a distraction as Virtual FPL was, it took something away from FPL initially.

Greenwood 15 goals so far in Debut season and has been on the bench more often than not.

Both Rashford and Martial have 20 goals each for the season, promising for our young strikers.

The break hasn't done good for my FPL season either. Down 50k again, and counting. I don't think I can get back into the top 100k now. It's just too difficult to land a decent starting eleven that provides goals and that is somewhat rotation proof. Captaincy just too difficult too.

I think my best option (injuries depending), is to get Greenwood for free, then see how the next gameweek goes. If it's another rank drop, then it's time to go heavy on differentials.

For ONCE Arsenal have been working on contract situations, securing Saka on a long-term contract. He's previously been linked with Liverpool.

The break hasn't done good for my FPL season either. Down 50k again, and counting. I don't think I can get back into the top 100k now. It's just too difficult to land a decent starting eleven that provides goals and that is somewhat rotation proof. Captaincy just too difficult too.

I think my best option (injuries depending), is to get Greenwood for free, then see how the next gameweek goes. If it's another rank drop, then it's time to go heavy on differentials.

For ONCE Arsenal have been working on contract situations, securing Saka on a long-term contract. He's previously been linked with Liverpool.

Arsenal appear to have a few good young players which must be a relief of sorts.

I have two Norwich players to get rid of and a injured keeper (Leno) and a thin defence, though this late in the day I think I can only really focus on a first 11, not long left to try get a good squad.

I need a Coady assist Jiminez goal [-O<

Coady Yelliow Card :/

Arsenal 2 up through Lacazette supprising result
  • edited July 2020 Posts: 17,235

Arsenal appear to have a few good young players which must be a relief of sorts.

I have two Norwich players to get rid of and a injured keeper (Leno) and a thin defence, though this late in the day I think I can only really focus on a first 11, not long left to try get a good squad.

Arsenal won't have funds for a major rebuild, so they're entirely dependent on youngsters becoming key to the first team. Nketiah, Saka, Martinelli, Willock etc; the best shot Arsenal have to avoid becoming just a regular mid table team, are these players. Saka and Martinelli have already got new contracts, and I hope the others will follow. You could compare it to how important Greenwood is likely to become for United.

Unless you have a Bench Boost to worry about (like me), you can probably get away with just focusing on the starting eleven – potentially bringing in a second playing goalkeeper, if needed. I will likely build my team towards a late Bench Boost, using each gameweek to look into potential targets.
    _____

I think any Arsenal fan had this game written off as another loss. Three points can at least provide them with some hope for a decent run-in. Still expecting Arsenal to finish no higher than 9th though. Anything else will be a pleasant surprise.

Arsenal won't have funds for a major rebuild, so they're entirely dependent on youngsters becoming key to the first team. Nketiah, Saka, Martinelli, Willock etc; the best shot Arsenal have to avoid becoming just a regular mid table team, are these players. Saka and Martinelli have already got new contracts, and I hope the others will follow. You could compare it to how important Greenwood is likely to become for United.

Unless you have a Bench Boost to worry about (like me), you can probably get away with just focusing on the starting eleven – potentially bringing in a second playing goalkeeper, if needed. I will likely build my team towards a late Bench Boost, using each gameweek to look into potential targets.
    _____

I think any Arsenal fan had this game written off as another loss. Three points can at least provide them with some hope for a decent run-in. Still expecting Arsenal to finish no higher than 9th though. Anything else will be a pleasant surprise.

I was looking at Abraham though benched tonight and playing time not been great since restart. I few players appear to be struggling with match fitness. Credit to Ole United look fresh and been starting the same team for most games.

I have been aware of Greenwood for some time, his numbers in the Youth Team were ridiculous. Incredible talent so important to have home grown players making it like Greenwood and Rashford.

It seems a blessing for Arsenal that players are injured or on holiday (Ozil) lol as many of your senior players are not good enough certainly in attitude and application.

Inter apparently may buy Alexis for 20 million [-O< Sanchez actually played well last week and scored, we really don't want him back he would not fit into the team at all now.

_____

I was looking at Abraham though benched tonight and playing time not been great since restart. I few players appear to be struggling with match fitness. Credit to Ole United look fresh and been starting the same team for most games.

I have been aware of Greenwood for some time, his numbers in the Youth Team were ridiculous. Incredible talent so important to have home grown players making it like Greenwood and Rashford.

It seems a blessing for Arsenal that players are injured or on holiday (Ozil) lol as many of your senior players are not good enough certainly in attitude and application.

Inter apparently may buy Alexis for 20 million [-O< Sanchez actually played well last week and scored, we really don't want him back he would not fit into the team at all now.

Didn't Rashford or Pogba struggle with injuries pre-break? For some players, like Tierney at Arsenal, the break was actually beneficial.

It's the same thing with Saka and Co. All great in youth squad teams. The issue is – for many teams – that the step up to regular playing time for the first team, is too long.

I think the younger players would have played regardless of fitness for older players, simply because they're better players at the moment. There's no point cutting down the playing time for Saka, for example, because he's earned that amount of playing time. As for Özil, it's quite clear that the club want him gone, but he's determined to sit out his contract, and there's nothing they can do about it. A shame really, as he would have been a great player in the right kind of squad.

The Alexis saga is one for the history books of terrible transfers. He didn't want to stay at Arsenal, and apparently didn't go on well with the rest of the team, so Arsenal moving him on was one of the better decisions of the club in recent years (and that is telling of how badly run the club is). Getting Mkhitaryan in return didn't make Arsenal any better either, but it looks like he was more of a team player than Alexis was towards the end of his time at Arsenal. They've terminated the contract with Mkhitaryan now, I believe, in a mutual agreement which allows him to sign for Roma (I might have missed some details here though).

_____

Didn't Rashford or Pogba struggle with injuries pre-break? For some players, like Tierney at Arsenal, the break was actually beneficial.

It's the same thing with Saka and Co. All great in youth squad teams. The issue is – for many teams – that the step up to regular playing time for the first team, is too long.

I think the younger players would have played regardless of fitness for older players, simply because they're better players at the moment. There's no point cutting down the playing time for Saka, for example, because he's earned that amount of playing time. As for Özil, it's quite clear that the club want him gone, but he's determined to sit out his contract, and there's nothing they can do about it. A shame really, as he would have been a great player in the right kind of squad.

The Alexis saga is one for the history books of terrible transfers. He didn't want to stay at Arsenal, and apparently didn't go on well with the rest of the team, so Arsenal moving him on was one of the better decisions of the club in recent years (and that is telling of how badly run the club is). Getting Mkhitaryan in return didn't make Arsenal any better either, but it looks like he was more of a team player than Alexis was towards the end of his time at Arsenal. They've terminated the contract with Mkhitaryan now, I believe, in a mutual agreement which allows him to sign for Roma (I might have missed some details here though).

I completely forgot about Mcky T, he had a bright start at United and then went quiet and went into his shell. United have moved away from the Sanchez, Falcao, Di Maria and Zlatan players thankfully though Zlatan did well and I like him as a character born winner. So called world stars past there peak is usually bad news.

_____

I completely forgot about Mcky T, he had a bright start at United and then went quiet and went into his shell. United have moved away from the Sanchez, Falcao, Di Maria and Zlatan players thankfully though Zlatan did well and I like him as a character born winner. So called world stars past there peak is usually bad news.

Yeah, Miki was good at first, but never really settled at either United and Arsenal. I wonder how his playing career would have been, if he had stayed in Germany or moved straight to Italy, instead of going to England and the PL.

Arguably Zlatan still had "it", so under the right circumstances he could have been a part of that team longer than he was. It's beneficial having those kinds of characters in a team. It's lacking at Arsenal for example (and it shows) – but you do at least have some senior players that the youngsters look up to. I've seen several quotes of players speaking warmly of David Luiz, for example. That seems strange given how his time at Arsenal has been, but he's won a lot and I think he brings that into the dressing room.

_____

Yeah, Miki was good at first, but never really settled at either United and Arsenal. I wonder how his playing career would have been, if he had stayed in Germany or moved straight to Italy, instead of going to England and the PL.

Arguably Zlatan still had "it", so under the right circumstances he could have been a part of that team longer than he was. It's beneficial having those kinds of characters in a team. It's lacking at Arsenal for example (and it shows) – but you do at least have some senior players that the youngsters look up to. I've seen several quotes of players speaking warmly of David Luiz, for example. That seems strange given how his time at Arsenal has been, but he's won a lot and I think he brings that into the dressing room.

David Luiz is a good footballer just not a very good defender, I am surprised he never played in midfield. I noticed Arsenal set up with three at the back, if I recall Conte got the best out of Luiz playing three center backs.

_____

David Luiz is a good footballer just not a very good defender, I am surprised he never played in midfield. I noticed Arsenal set up with three at the back, if I recall Conte got the best out of Luiz playing three center backs.

Yeah, I imagine Luiz could do a decent shift as a holding midfielder. Given how unlucky Arsenal are with injuries, I won't surprised to see him play as one, at some point. He's more than a decent passer too, so he could probably step in for Xhaka if needed.

Yes, that's been a talking point recently. I think Arteta started out with a back four, but with Tierney and Bellerín available (and probably because of other factors as well), Arteta has been able to play three at the back. So far, the best games have probably been with that formation, and it won't be surprising if he sticks to it.

On that note: this was probably the best game I've seen under Arteta. Arsenal are not impressive, but it looks like he's getting somewhere with the players he has available. The future of Arsenal will rely heavily on the upcoming transfer windows though. They won't be able to afford the same players as Chelsea, Liverpool, City or United, so they need to find those players that can become great players.

_____

Yeah, I imagine Luiz could do a decent shift as a holding midfielder. Given how unlucky Arsenal are with injuries, I won't surprised to see him play as one, at some point. He's more than a decent passer too, so he could probably step in for Xhaka if needed.

Yes, that's been a talking point recently. I think Arteta started out with a back four, but with Tierney and Bellerín available (and probably because of other factors as well), Arteta has been able to play three at the back. So far, the best games have probably been with that formation, and it won't be surprising if he sticks to it.

On that note: this was probably the best game I've seen under Arteta. Arsenal are not impressive, but it looks like he's getting somewhere with the players he has available. The future of Arsenal will rely heavily on the upcoming transfer windows though. They won't be able to afford the same players as Chelsea, Liverpool, City or United, so they need to find those players that can become great players.

Ole played three at the back for a period notably when we were struggling for creativity, sometimes you have to make the best of what is available and it does not matter if its not pretty... as long as you win. Fans will tolerate average football for a while if three points are gained.

_____

Ole played three at the back for a period notably when we were struggling for creativity, sometimes you have to make the best of what is available and it does not matter if its not pretty... as long as you win. Fans will tolerate average football for a while if three points are gained.

Indeed. Getting those important points, no matter what, is –at the end of the day – the important thing. The best period for Arsenal under Emery was like that too; few impressive games, but somehow they managed to get results. Unfortunately, he wasn't able to build on that though.
    Got a nice 10 points from Egan, decent green arrow currently hope I can get a bit closer to the top 30K and put the last few GW's behind me.

A 1 - 0 Liverpool win TAA goal no assist will do me :))

I don't want Mané or Salah to score points [-O<

Mané Goal and a rank drop [-(

Early City team news KDB on Bench ~X( if KDB stays benched I will have two players with zero points :-S

Foden on Bench Mahrez starts
    Liverpool really not playing well tonight. I'm looking at transferring out Salah now (for a hit!)
    Liverpool really not playing well tonight. I'm looking at transferring out Salah now (for a hit!)

I had a feeling once they won the title they would have nothing to play for and drop off.
    Salah just got an assist, Curtis Jones goal further rank drop for me.

I had a feeling once they won the title they would have nothing to play for and drop off.

I did too, but I figured this game was too good not to captain Salah. 50k rank drop with that decision…

Will likely just go all in for punts and hits now, trying to get some points going forward.

I did too, but I figured this game was too good not to captain Salah. 50k rank drop with that decision…

Will likely just go all in for punts and hits now, trying to get some points going forward.

Small green arrow though still have Son to play.

I may hang on to Rashford away to Villa, I have a feeling he may do something, I really want to replace Pukki first may go to Ings Southampton were good vs City.

City blaninking helped me in the end as many have Sterling and Mahrez etc

I may hang on to Rashford away to Villa, I have a feeling he may do something, I really want to replace Pukki first may go to Ings Southampton were good vs City.

Huge red arrow for me, with Calvert-Lewin and Aurier to play. Already made one move for next gameweek, and I might take a hit to transfer out Salah, but I've not decided yet.

Huge red arrow for me, with Calvert-Lewin and Aurier to play. Already made one move for next gameweek, and I might take a hit to transfer out Salah, but I've not decided yet.

With 5 games left I really need to identify a game and Captain for my Triple Captain chip, with time running out I could easily forget to use it :))
    Another post-restart gameweek is finished, and we have another gameweek winner! Our gameweek 33+ winner is Team Extreme – congratulations! =D>

ESHIc1K.jpg
    Gameweek winners:

GW 1: George’sRetrorockets
    GW 2: DICKLESS TOWN
    GW 3: Benny’s Blues
    GW 4: Benny’s Blues
    GW 5: Anotherwastedcorner
    GW 6: Anfield FC
    GW 7: George’sRetrorockets
    GW 8: 11 FishFingers
    GW 9: LVLA Skopje 05 / EMRE CAN Fan
    GW 10: EMRE CAN Fan
    GW 11: Dinamo Skruknott
    GW 12: Team Extreme
    GW 13: EMRE CAN Fan
    GW 14: DICKLESS TOWN
    GW 15: MysticWarlordsOfKa’a
    GW 16: Team Extreme
    GW 17: Anfield FC
    GW 18: Overload
    GW 19: Dinamo Skruknott
    GW 20: bobby’sfashionsense
    GW 21: bobby’sfashionsense
    GW 22: Team Extreme
    GW 23: DICKLESS TOWN
    GW 24: LVLA Skopje 05
    GW 25: Anfield FC / Team Extreme
    GW 26: Manchester United
    GW 27: DICKLESS TOWN
    GW 28: bobby’sfashionsense
    GW 29: Overload
    GW 30+: bobby’sfashionsense
    GW 31+: LVLA Skopje 05
    GW 32+: Dinamo Skruknott
    GW 33+: Team Extreme
    League table standings:

1. Team Extreme: GW 76 – TOT 1988
    2. Dinamo Skruknott: GW 58 – TOT 1932
    3. 11FishFingers: GW 62 – TOT 1891
    4. LVLA Skopje 05: GW 59 – TOT 1886
    5. Anfield FC: GW 57 – TOT 1812
    6. AFC Fritzson: GW 66 – TOT 1787
    7. Anotherwastedcorner: GW 46 – TOT 1779
    8. MysticWarlordsOfKa’a: GW 30 – TOT 1752
    9. DICKLESS TOWN: GW 41 – TOT 1745
    10. EMRE CAN Fan: GW 49 - TOT 1739
    11. Overload: GW 69 – TOT 1732
    12. bliblikadek: GW 40 – TOT 1720
    13. bobby’sfashionsense: GW 47 – TOT 1700
    14. MEJICO POWA: GW 71 – TOT 1669
    15. Flitwick Flyers: GW 34 – TOT 1652
    16. GoldyTheRef: GW 60 – TOT 1595
    17. Benny’s Blues: GW 56 – TOT 1595
    18. George’sRetroRockets: GW 19 – TOT 1545
    19. Manchester United: GW 22 – TOT 1304
    _____

We have another gameweek TODAY, at 17:00 UK time, so have your teams ready!
    Congratulations Team Extreme

---

Still undecided on a Captain for this GW, and not happy having Son in my team, Spurs are not great under Jose.
    Congratulations Team Extreme

---

Still undecided on a Captain for this GW, and not happy having Son in my team, Spurs are not great under Jose.

I'm really not sure who to captain either. I have six players to choose between right now, so I need to see later today if there are any late news/rumours which can narrow down that list.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    My team for Gameweek 34+:

Transfer made:
    Mee --> Aurier.

Pope
    Wan-Bissaka, Aurier, Jonny
    Foden, De Bruyne, Martial, Willian, Fernandes (C)
    Aubameyang, Jimenez.
    Three of my bench are injured :))

My team...
    Henderson
    TAA, Egan, Coady
    Son, KDB, Martial, Fernandes
    Ings, Jiminez, Rashford

I don't know who my Captain is, I played a game of roulette swapping Fernandes and Martial as Captain right until the deadline.

Edited: I wish I had checked Newcastle team news, now regretting not Captaining KDB X_X
    My team for Gameweek 34+:

Transfer made:
    Mee --> Aurier.

Pope
    Wan-Bissaka, Aurier, Jonny
    Foden, De Bruyne, Martial, Willian, Fernandes (C)
    Aubameyang, Jimenez.

Looking strong yet again, @DaltonCraig007! Mee is out for the season I believe, so getting Aurier with those fixtures is a sensible move.
    Three of my bench are injured :))

My team...
    Henderson
    TAA, Egan, Coady
    Son, KDB, Martial, Fernandes
    Ings, Jiminez, Rashford

I don't know who my Captain is, I played a game of roulette swapping Fernandes and Martial as Captain right until the deadline.

Edited: I wish I had checked Newcastle team news, now regretting not Captaining KDB X_X

I captained KDB myself, but that's mostly due to a money league I'm playing in. I'm chasing, and I expect those ahead of me (and behind me), to captain Fernandes. Given the way my captaincies has worked out this season, Fernandes is probably in for a mega haul!

My team:

Foster
    Alexander-Arnold - Doherty - Aurier
    Mahrez - De Bruyne (C) - Fernandes - Salah
    Jiménez - Greenwood - Rashford
    (McCarthy - Stephens - Hayden - Fernández)
    Here are the gameweek 34+ captaincy picks!
    Salah: 5
    De Bruyne: 5
    Fernandes: 2
    Kane: 1
    Sterling: 1
    van Dijk: 1
    Mané: 1
    Aubameyang: 1
    Vardy: 1
    Martial: 1

Salah and De Bruyne are tied yet again for the captaincy picks, in a gameweek where both have favourable fixtures. So does Fernandes, which is next on the list, with two managers backing him for points this gameweek. The captaincies are otherwise quite spread out.

Good luck everybody!