The Fantasy thread *Gameweek 33 deadline: Sat 13 Apr 11:00 UK time!*

Comments

• Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Saw this on twitter.Don't know if he said it ?
    Harry Maguire on Erling Haaland: “He’s one of the best strikers in the world but there’s a weakness to his game that only I know about.” :-O

God help united if Maquire starts in the Cup Final.

As far as weaknesses if you cut of Haaland's supply line that helps though City have an abundance of players who can find him unfortunately.
  • 007InAction007InAction Australia
    edited June 2023 Posts: 2,351
    Saw this on twitter.Don't know if he said it ?
    Harry Maguire on Erling Haaland: “He’s one of the best strikers in the world but there’s a weakness to his game that only I know about.” :-O

God help united if Maquire starts in the Cup Final.

As far as weaknesses if you cut of Haaland's supply line that helps though City have an abundance of players who can find him unfortunately.

Maguire used to be a decent player but now he's too slow and makes mistakes yet still gets a start for England for some reason ?
    Neymar being haevily linked with Man United, please NOOOOOO!

Are the sources reliable? Neymar doesn't sound like a ten Hag kind of signing to me…
  • edited June 2023 Posts: 17,270
    And finally, here's the final gameweek update of the 2022/23 season! It's been quite a season, with a lot of surprises and several disappointments; who would have put money on Chelsea finishing 12th? I have high expectations for next season and the summer transfer window, seeing as several clubs will look to strengthen their squads considerably.

But back to FPL: Gameweek 38 was an entertaining gameweek football wise, but very difficult for those of us playing FPL – as you'd expect, seeing as many teams had nothing to play for. The average score was also quite low obviously, at just 40 points. Several teams in our league managed better scores than that, so overall I thin our league finished gameweek 38 quite strong. Out of several good scores, Dinamo Skruknott finished the gameweek with most points, scoring 63 points.

IDUWSGz.jpg
    Gameweek winners:

GW 1: E J Ibanga
    GW 2: GuinnessLover
    GW 3: Red Warriors
    GW 4: LVLA Skopje 05
    GW 5: Liverpool Richmond
    GW 6: Team Xtreme
    GW 7: –
    GW 8: AC Miami
    GW 9: Hakuna Mateta !
    GW 10: Liverpool Richmond & E J Ibanga
    GW 11: Upset
    GW 12: GuinnessLover
    GW 13: FC Nostromo
    GW 14: FC Nostromo
    GW 15: Hakuna Mateta !
    GW 16: E J Ibanga
    GW 17: Cremonese-killen
    GW 18: E J Ibanga
    GW 19: Liverpool Richmond
    GW 20: MEJICO POWA
    GW 21: E J Ibanga
    GW 22: LVLA Skopje 05
    GW 23: Liverpool Richmond
    GW 24: MEJICO POWA
    GW 25: AC Miami
    GW 26: ابو كاتم
    GW 27: AC Miami
    GW 28: Cremonese-killen & Dinamo Skruknott
    GW 29: Dinamo Skruknott
    GW 30: Cremonese-killen
    GW 31: LVLA Skopje 05
    GW 32: MEJICO POWA
    GW 33: Goldy’sDreamSquad
    GW 34: Team Xtreme
    GW 35: Anfield F.C
    GW 36: CSAC
    GW 37: Liverpool Richmond
    GW 38: Dinamo Skruknott

Most importantly, we have to congratulate our overall 2022/23 winner AC Miami with a fantastic season! Their team has impressed with good decisions throughout, and and an overall rank of 102 365 out of 11 447 257 players in total, is a fantastic result. =D>

cdhSZKd.jpg

And if I haven't counted all wrong, we have a tie for most gameweeks won this season, shared by Liverpool Richmond and E J Ibanga. Well played season to the both of you! =D>

wrdj2Uj.jpg
    _______

And that concludes our FPL season. I hope all of you have had fun playing, and will be back for the 2023/24 season in August! The game will no doubt be updated and become available long before that, so I guess at least some of us will spend time this summer, trying to put together a few (or many) drafts :))
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!

Are the sources reliable? Neymar doesn't sound like a ten Hag kind of signing to me…

Neymar would just be anther Ronaldo type headache, PSG are probably just tying to get rid of him and know United are one of a fe teams that will pay his wages.

edited June 2023 Posts: 23,265
    And finally, here's the final gameweek update of the 2022/23 season! It's been quite a season, with a lot of surprises and several disappointments; who would have put money on Chelsea finishing 12th? I have high expectations for next season and the summer transfer window, seeing as several clubs will look to strengthen their squads considerably.

But back to FPL: Gameweek 38 was an entertaining gameweek football wise, but very difficult for those of us playing FPL – as you'd expect, seeing as many teams had nothing to play for. The average score was also quite low obviously, at just 40 points. Several teams in our league managed better scores than that, so overall I thin our league finished gameweek 38 quite strong. Out of several good scores, Dinamo Skruknott finished the gameweek with most points, scoring 63 points.

IDUWSGz.jpg
    Gameweek winners:

Most importantly, we have to congratulate our overall 2022/23 winner AC Miami with a fantastic season! Their team has impressed with good decisions throughout, and and an overall rank of 102 365 out of 11 447 257 players in total, is a fantastic result. =D>

cdhSZKd.jpg

And if I haven't counted all wrong, we have a tie for most gameweeks won this season, shared by Liverpool Richmond and E J Ibanga. Well played season to the both of you! =D>

wrdj2Uj.jpg
    _______

And that concludes our FPL season. I hope all of you have had fun playing, and will be back for the 2023/24 season in August! The game will no doubt be updated and become available long before that, so I guess at least some of us will spend time this summer, trying to put together a few (or many) drafts :))
    tumblr_lnt0yetZES1qj73e2o1_500.gif
    Congratulations AC Miami great run in the latter stages of the season to top and win the league. =D>

Thanks @Torgeirtrap for running the league, well done to everyone I think this has been one of the more competitive seasons in this league since i started playing.
    Very nervous for the F.A. Cup Final though United have set up as well as they can under the circumstances with Fred, Casemiro, Ericson and Bruno all starting.

OMG nightmare start, City score after 20 seconds.
    United been very wasteful in possession.
    Possible penalty to United...

Grealish handball, penalty.
    Come on UNITED 1 - 1
    OMG Gundugan gets a second, totally left unmarked wt...
    Too many issues in this United side especially in midfield, Fred and Ericson are not good enough at the highest level.
    United need to get Garnacho on and take Ericson off.
    Ten Hag read my mind Garnacho on for Ericson.
    Garnacho with a sighter went very close.
    City win 2 - 1, They deserve it though United caused them issues late on Garnacho has to be a starter next season he will be world class. United will recruit and get closer.

This is not the best City side IMO, I just think right now all the major football superpowers are not very good.

When United won the Treble they were against teams at there peak level... the best ever Arsenal side, one of the best Bayern sides, arguably the best Juventus side and a great Barca side and the list goes on.

This season Real Madrid majorly in decline, Barca nowhere though will be a force in the next few years, Liverpool fallen off a cliff, Arsenal a very young side, United recovering from there worst season ever in the PL. Bayern in flux, Chelsea a mess, Juventus not very good and the list goes on. City have beaten average sides.

Also this City side is nowhere near as good as Peps side that beat United in 2 Champions league finals, I saw both finals and the pain is still raw. We beat that brilliant Barca side in 2008 to eventually win the CL. That Barca side is in the top echelon of football.

Neymar would just be anther Ronaldo type headache, PSG are probably just tying to get rid of him and know United are one of a fe teams that will pay his wages.

Yes, it certainly feels like that kind of signing.

IDUWSGz.jpg
    Gameweek winners:

cdhSZKd.jpg

wrdj2Uj.jpg
    _______

Congratulations AC Miami great run in the latter stages of the season to top and win the league. =D>

Thanks @Torgeirtrap for running the league, well done to everyone I think this has been one of the more competitive seasons in this league since i started playing.

I agree, this season has been very competitive, and being on the right side of 50/50 decisions have been very important. I also think a lot of the managers playing FPL have a few seasons or more experience playing the game, and that makes it all the more challenging playing FPL. This goes for our league as well. There are many of us now, who have competed in this league for a few seasons.
    City win 2 - 1, They deserve it though United caused them issues late on Garnacho has to be a starter next season he will be world class. United will recruit and get closer.

This is not the best City side IMO, I just think right now all the major football superpowers are not very good.

When United won the Treble they were against teams at there peak level... the best ever Arsenal side, one of the best Bayern sides, arguably the best Juventus side and a great Barca side and the list goes on.

This season Real Madrid majorly in decline, Barca nowhere though will be a force in the next few years, Liverpool fallen off a cliff, Arsenal a very young side, United recovering from there worst season ever in the PL. Bayern in flux, Chelsea a mess, Juventus not very good and the list goes on. City have beaten average sides.

Also this City side is nowhere near as good as Peps side that beat United in 2 Champions league finals, I saw both finals and the pain is still raw. We beat that brilliant Barca side in 2008 to eventually win the CL. That Barca side is in the top echelon of football.

Didn't watch the game, but nobody is surprised City won this. It's a United side which is very much still a work in progress, and it's difficult playing against an experienced City side.

I agree that a lot of the top teams don't look as dominant as before. When you see the age of some of the players though, like Messi, Ramos, Benzema, Kroos, Modrić etc., you can tell that these teams are playing with players who are beyond their peak as footballers. And when you look at what these players and teams have achieved over the years, it's obviously difficult to replicate. I wouldn't be surprised if smaller teams with a good transfer strategy and young squads could compete with these teams – if they are able to keep their talent. Just look at Brighton, at Napoli – winning the Serie A, etc.

IDUWSGz.jpg
    Gameweek winners:

cdhSZKd.jpg

wrdj2Uj.jpg
    _______

I agree, this season has been very competitive, and being on the right side of 50/50 decisions have been very important. I also think a lot of the managers playing FPL have a few seasons or more experience playing the game, and that makes it all the more challenging playing FPL. This goes for our league as well. There are many of us now, who have competed in this league for a few seasons.

Didn't watch the game, but nobody is surprised City won this. It's a United side which is very much still a work in progress, and it's difficult playing against an experienced City side.

I agree that a lot of the top teams don't look as dominant as before. When you see the age of some of the players though, like Messi, Ramos, Benzema, Kroos, Modrić etc., you can tell that these teams are playing with players who are beyond their peak as footballers. And when you look at what these players and teams have achieved over the years, it's obviously difficult to replicate. I wouldn't be surprised if smaller teams with a good transfer strategy and young squads could compete with these teams – if they are able to keep their talent. Just look at Brighton, at Napoli – winning the Serie A, etc.

United maybe should have gone for City earlier as we certainly created chances to equalize and City ended the game with 5 defenders on the pitch, Pep was worried. My worst fear was a 5 - 0 battering, thankfully that did not happen. As soon as the final whistle went i switched the game of and ignored any social media commentary on the game and got drunk :))

It is certainly the end of an era with many top sides in transition which for City is a good thing and for me a bad thing, I could see City as the dominant side in Europe for a few seasons now.

I am now a huge Inter Milan fan :)) I suspect Inter will park the bus and hope for the best.

IDUWSGz.jpg
    Gameweek winners:

cdhSZKd.jpg

wrdj2Uj.jpg
    _______

United maybe should have gone for City earlier as we certainly created chances to equalize and City ended the game with 5 defenders on the pitch, Pep was worried. As soon as the final whistle went i switched the game of and ignored any social media commentary on the game and got drunk :))

It is certainly the end of an era with many top sides in transition which for city is a good thing and for me a bad thing, I could see City as the dominant side in Europe for a few seasons now.

I am now a huge Inter Milan fan :)) I suspect Inter will park the bus and hope for the best.

Haha, I would have done the same thing!

City are well placed both financially and squad wise to be the dominant team of Europe for years to come. Time will tell if the other big teams can manage to try and keep up – but I doubt any of them (if looking outside the PL) can compete with the salaries City can offer. Wouldn't surprise me if Newcastle can become a team that will do well in European tournaments too, with the right signings and long term plan. They certainly have the finances to do so.

The final is in City's hands, I think. If they play like they use to do, they should win it comfortably. Inter can't really do anything but to try their best to keep City from scoring, and hope that City somehow slips up.
  • edited June 2023 Posts: 17,270
    A final update to our 2022/23 season: Completely forgot about the cup competition! The cup, which also concluded in gameweek 38, was a head-to-head duel between CSAC and FC Nostromo, which CSAC won by 52-44. A belated congratulations to CSAC! =D>

u14gNxd.jpg
    A final update to our 2022/23 season: Completely forgot about the cup competition! The cup, which also concluded in gameweek 38, was a head-to-head duel between CSAC and FC Nostromo, which CSAC won by 52-44. A belated congratulations to CSAC! =D>

u14gNxd.jpg

I totally forgot about the Cup, in fact I never checked any of my results in the Cups so not sure how far I got.

Congratulations to CSAC

u14gNxd.jpg

I totally forgot about the Cup, in fact I never checked any of my results in the Cups so not sure how far I got.

Congratulations to CSAC

The cup competition overview could be more prominent on the site, so it's easy to miss.
    Here's the list of all the cup matches:

https://fantasy.premierleague.com/leagues/876660/cup

u14gNxd.jpg

Congratulations to CSAC

The cup competition overview could be more prominent on the site, so it's easy to miss.
    Here's the list of all the cup matches:

https://fantasy.premierleague.com/leagues/876660/cup

cheers that would have been fun to follow, will look out for it next season.

---

Congratulations to West Ham winning The Europa Conference League. though it was marred by violence unfortunately on and off the pitch.
    Alexis Mac Allister makes the move to Anfield for what is understood to be for an initial fee of around £35m, sources suggest it could rise to £55m;

Seems like a top signing for us.
    Alexis Mac Allister makes the move to Anfield for what is understood to be for an initial fee of around £35m, sources suggest it could rise to £55m;

A bargain at that price in the current market, though not sure how many years he had left on his Brighton contract..

A bargain at that price in the current market, though not sure how many years he had left on his Brighton contract..

I heard that he had a buyout clause so that's why they got him so cheap.
    Bet Brighton regret that buyout clause now…
    I can see a few Brighton players leaving.

The media suggesting Rice to Arsenal is on...

Man United need to sort this takeover deal ASAP. or we will miss out on players.
    Mbappe according to reports is letting his contract run down at PSG, he has 1 year left on his contract.