The Fantasy thread *Gameweek 33 deadline: Sat 20 Apr 13:30 UK time!*

Comments

• Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    edited October 2020 Posts: 23,325
    There are 2 players I want in though not sure I can justify a -8 to do so, as the players they will replace could match them this GW. Would be a bit of a side ways move.

That looks like a decision that's best to leave for another gameweek, IMO! Could easily backfire.

I've been in so much doubt what to do this gameweek, so I've decided to make things easy for myself, and do absolutely nothing. The team is identical to last gameweek, only with James in the starting eleven instead of Lamptey. I'm not expecting many points from this team, but I feel the two free transfers leaves me in a better spot for next weekend.

I was going to go Rodriguez (who is definitely out now) and Grealish < Rashford and Foden

Well, depending on your bench options, you could almost have called that -8 move a -4 with Rodriguez not playing. But it would have been risky even so.

Probably not the best week to take hits either, United still got a few awkward fixtures. I can see a draw v Arsenal at the weekend.

It feels like a tricky week for transfers, that's for sure.
    I think United are in much better form, and can't see Arsenal being that much of a threat really.
    _____
    Saïss benched. Should probably have made a transfer anyway…

My defence is in trouble as Lascelles is out and I have Sais and mitchel is a doubt I may only have 2 defenders :)), Taylor to come in thats it

Mitchell is not in the Palace squad at all, isn't he? Lamptey will come on for me, by the looks of things – unless Saïss gets a cameo.

Yeah just checked Mitchel nowhere, so praying on Lascelles or Sais to come on and get a goal or assist lol

Doesn't look promising for Lascelles…

Saïss is likely one of my transfers next gameweek. A 5.0 and above player needs to feature every gameweek. Podence is another player I'm looking to replace. I need to make an additional transfer to upgrade Podence though, so I'm already looking at a -4.

Agreed on Sais at that price he needs to be a starter, I am reluctant to use hits on defenders though may not have an option.

I think it depends on how you approach the transfers. Usually it's best to avoid using hits on defenders - especially this season, as points are so unpredictable. But if you're able to do a significant upgrade and/or have a long term plan with the transfers, it might pay off. It really depends on the state of your current team.

I see Podence delivered. Having a poor defense this week not too bothered, as if I took a hit no guarantee I would get clean sheets

Yes, finally! Won't expect him to do so very often though.

Indeed, no defence looks like a clean sheet guarantee so far this season, so you probably did right not taking hits.

Just been looking at defense options with up coming fixtures no one really is appealing.

Watching Liverpool game desperately need something from Robertson and Salah having a terrible GW so far.

Tell me about it! I have to look at Saïss options, but there are few appealing options out there. Might have to just find a cheap option and push some funds into midfield.

Podence (finally) and James have delivered for me so far, and at my overall rank I desperately needed them to! Like you, I'm relying on Salah to deliver, but I fear that the two Sp*rs guys will outscore him…

West Ham take lead at Anfield there goes the clean sheet

Had a feeling this would happen. I might end up transferring out Saïss and Alexander-Arnold!

I could do the same Sais and Robertson would free up extra funds also. This season may as well just go cheap defenders. All of a sudden Liverpool look beatable

Yes, there's definitely a case for going cheap, or semi-cheap with a 5.0-something defender as the most expensive option. Many (top) managers dropped Alexander-Arnold before this gameweek, it looks like.

Also, this is quite telling:

Robertson form is better than TAA though not enough clean sheets.

Salah goal thankfully, hope for more in second half. They played he Bond theme at half time.

Agree, and at those prices you have to consider if cheaper options will be better.

I had a feeling he'd miss that pen, but luckily it went in! And yes, a really nice tribute that.

Switching the game off, hopefully when I check later Salah will have a hatrick lol
    There are 2 players I want in though not sure I can justify a -8 to do so, as the players they will replace could match them this GW. Would be a bit of a side ways move.

That looks like a decision that's best to leave for another gameweek, IMO! Could easily backfire.

I've been in so much doubt what to do this gameweek, so I've decided to make things easy for myself, and do absolutely nothing. The team is identical to last gameweek, only with James in the starting eleven instead of Lamptey. I'm not expecting many points from this team, but I feel the two free transfers leaves me in a better spot for next weekend.

I was going to go Rodriguez (who is definitely out now) and Grealish < Rashford and Foden

Well, depending on your bench options, you could almost have called that -8 move a -4 with Rodriguez not playing. But it would have been risky even so.

Probably not the best week to take hits either, United still got a few awkward fixtures. I can see a draw v Arsenal at the weekend.

I think United are in much better form, and can't see Arsenal being that much of a threat really.
    _____

My defence is in trouble as Lascelles is out and I have Sais and mitchel is a doubt I may only have 2 defenders :)), Taylor to come in thats it

Mitchell is not in the Palace squad at all, isn't he? Lamptey will come on for me, by the looks of things – unless Saïss gets a cameo.

Yeah just checked Mitchel nowhere, so praying on Lascelles or Sais to come on and get a goal or assist lol

Saïss is likely one of my transfers next gameweek. A 5.0 and above player needs to feature every gameweek. Podence is another player I'm looking to replace. I need to make an additional transfer to upgrade Podence though, so I'm already looking at a -4.

Agreed on Sais at that price he needs to be a starter, I am reluctant to use hits on defenders though may not have an option.

I think it depends on how you approach the transfers. Usually it's best to avoid using hits on defenders - especially this season, as points are so unpredictable. But if you're able to do a significant upgrade and/or have a long term plan with the transfers, it might pay off. It really depends on the state of your current team.

I see Podence delivered. Having a poor defense this week not too bothered, as if I took a hit no guarantee I would get clean sheets

Indeed, no defence looks like a clean sheet guarantee so far this season, so you probably did right not taking hits.

Just been looking at defense options with up coming fixtures no one really is appealing.

Watching Liverpool game desperately need something from Robertson and Salah having a terrible GW so far.

Tell me about it! I have to look at Saïss options, but there are few appealing options out there. Might have to just find a cheap option and push some funds into midfield.

Podence (finally) and James have delivered for me so far, and at my overall rank I desperately needed them to! Like you, I'm relying on Salah to deliver, but I fear that the two Sp*rs guys will outscore him…

Had a feeling this would happen. I might end up transferring out Saïss and Alexander-Arnold!

I could do the same Sais and Robertson would free up extra funds also. This season may as well just go cheap defenders. All of a sudden Liverpool look beatable

Yes, there's definitely a case for going cheap, or semi-cheap with a 5.0-something defender as the most expensive option. Many (top) managers dropped Alexander-Arnold before this gameweek, it looks like.

Salah goal thankfully, hope for more in second half. They played he Bond theme at half time.

Agree, and at those prices you have to consider if cheaper options will be better.

I had a feeling he'd miss that pen, but luckily it went in! And yes, a really nice tribute that.

Switching the game off, hopefully when I check later Salah will have a hatrick lol

Don't think you'll miss out on much. Not much happening right now…
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!

_____

Well it did not work, at least he got some points and 1 bonus 2 as captain. Jota seems to be scoring every time he comes on. Though too much of a risk for a non starting player.

Looking at me team not sure what to do, i want Rashford in though his fixtures are tough so probably best to wait. My defense no idea where to start with that as two are injured and two other I want rid of.
  • edited October 2020 Posts: 17,279

_____

Well it did not work, at least he got some points and 1 bonus 2 as captain. Jota seems to be scoring every time he comes on. Though too much of a risk for a non starting player.

Looking at me team not sure what to do, i want Rashford in though his fixtures are tough so probably best to wait. My defense no idea where to start with that as two are injured and two other I want rid of.

Yes, if we could just be sure Jota would get significant game time, he'd be one to consider.

We might have a better idea what to do with our team after the remaining games. Right now though, I'm very much in the same boat as you re. transfers!
    edited October 2020 Posts: 23,325

England going into lockdown again, though Football continuing as far as I am aware for now.
  • 007InAction007InAction Australia

England going into lockdown again, though Football continuing as far as I am aware for now.

Hopefully football continues because people need a nice distraction from these stressful times.
    Football is already in a kind of "bubble" anyway, so it's probably not strange that it's unaffected – for now.

Hopefully football continues because people need a nice distraction from these stressful times.

Totally agree the public are having as much a psychological battle as physical one, any positivity and distractions are vital.
    edited November 2020 Posts: 23,325
    God do I regret selling Wilson got two goals for Newcastle, Everton on the slide it seems.

Lost Lascelle clean sheet though DCL scored.

Just noticed goals galore Villa 3 - 4 Southampton, Grealish with goal and 2 assists and 2 bonus incoming I will take that.

47 points with 4 to play i may actually get a good green arrow this GW [-O<
  • edited November 2020 Posts: 17,279
    God do I regret selling Wilson got two goals for Newcastle, Everton on the slide it seems.

Just noticed goals galore Villa 3 - 4 Southampton, Grealish with goal and 2 assists and 2 bonus incoming I will take that.

51 points with 4 to play i may actually get a good green arrow this GW [-O<

Those mid-priced strikers always seem to deliver once we drop them!

Really wish I owned Grealish, but haven't had the funds to bring him in. With the fixtures ahead, I might have to find a way.

44 here, and by the looks if it, not much difference in the overall rankings…

Really wish I owned Grealish, but haven't had the funds to bring him in. With the fixtures ahead, I might have to find a way.

on 47 I miss counted, yeah I am glad I did not make those -8 transfers as I was going to sell Grealish lol

on 47 I miss counted, yeah I am glad I did not make those -8 transfers as I was going to sell Grealish lol

Sometimes the best move you can make, is not making planned moves at all!
    Arsenal played well, one word to sum up United.. 'LAZY!'

Thought it was a close game between the two sides. I didn't notice Ole taking Fernandes off; was it a tactical decision?

Thought it was a close game between the two sides. I didn't notice Ole taking Fernandes off; was it a tactical decision?

It was a clueless decision lol

Ole does not know how to counter a high press.

Kane scored

Bale gets Spurs second

Kane scored

Bale gets Spurs second

Good! Or nor good, but at least he wasn't injured or something like that.

Yuck, had hoped that Brighton would see to that they got a draw after Lamptey scored. Oh well, at least I'll get Lamptey on from the bench. Finally some luck!

Kane scored

Bale gets Spurs second

Yuck, had hoped that Brighton would see to that they got a draw after Lamptey scored. Oh well, at least I'll get Lamptey on from the bench. Finally some luck!

That's good, I am grateful to get 3 points of the bench that's how bad my defence is.

Watch the video I just posted in 'Back of the net' thread.
  • 007InAction007InAction Australia
    edited November 2020 Posts: 2,353

Kane scored

Bale gets Spurs second

That's good, I am grateful to get 3 points of the bench that's how bad my defence is.

I missed it. What was it about ?

Everton miss james and rich a lot.

Kane scored

Bale gets Spurs second

I missed it. What was it about ?

Everton miss james and rich a lot.

https://mobile.twitter.com/rjhurst/status/1323033242509914113

Found the deleted intro to the video on Twitter, they mock Kane and don't realise this part was not edited out.

They have clearly forgot Kane is the England Captain, besides that this is so unprofessional.

Kane scored

Bale gets Spurs second

My defence is really bad as well; Saïss no longer a sure starter – which can also be said of James, Alexander-Arnold and Liverpool are struggling for clean sheets, and Mitchell missed out for Palace. This makes Lamptey and TAA the only players I an be sure to play 90 mins!

Re. the video, this aired on the telly?! Far from the first time ESPN have a mocking "tone" (or whatever you might call it). There's another guy on there, who I can't remember the name of, who's just so, so bad.

Kane scored

Bale gets Spurs second

My defence is really bad as well; Saïss no longer a sure starter – which can also be said of James, Alexander-Arnold and Liverpool are struggling for clean sheets, and Mitchell missed out for Palace. This makes Lamptey and TAA the only players I an be sure to play 90 mins!

Re. the video, this aired on the telly?! Far from the first time ESPN have a mocking "tone" (or whatever you might call it). There's another guy on there, who I can't remember the name of, who's just so, so bad.

It aired on YouTube though they removed it after about 45 minutes so many saw it, at the end of the clip I just posted they are going for a second take though clearly forgot to delete the first take.

The coverage is often quite negative and salty opinions.

Kane scored

Bale gets Spurs second

It aired on YouTube though they removed it after about 45 minutes so many saw it, at the end of the clip I just posted they are going for a second take though clearly forgot to delete the first take.

Of all the major sports channels, I'm not surprised it was ESPN that found themselves in this situation. I think they're sometimes pretty unprofessional.

Kane scored

Bale gets Spurs second

Of all the major sports channels, I'm not surprised it was ESPN that found themselves in this situation. I think they're sometimes pretty unprofessional.

Many of the so called pundits unjustifiably see themselves in elevated positions, overly critical of players and managers far greater than they ever were. The way some go on you would think they had 10 of 10 performances every week when they played.

Kane scored

Bale gets Spurs second

Many of the so called pundits unjustifiably see themselves in elevated positions, overly critical of players and managers far greater than they ever were. The way some go on you would think they had 10 of 10 performances every week when they played.

Haha, yes! I imagine some of these people get work as pundits just because they are that overly critical, which is not right of course, but probably makes for better TV, in the sport channels' view.

Kane scored

Bale gets Spurs second

Haha, yes! I imagine some of these people get work as pundits just because they are that overly critical, which is not right of course, but probably makes for better TV, in the sport channels' view.

Its definitely the sign of the times, controversy sells.

Got Bamford and Klitch playing tonight hoping for some point's against Leicester, depends which Leicester turns up.

Edited: Leicester scored in the first minute lol

Kane scored

Bale gets Spurs second

Its definitely the sign of the times, controversy sells.

Got Bamford and Klitch playing tonight hoping for some point's against Leicester, depends which Leicester turns up.

Edited: Leicester scored in the first minute lol

Indeed.

That was quick! Vardy with the assist I see, that will certainly affect my overall rank…
    Nothing from Leeds assets in the end, my knee jerk signing of Bamford for Wilson out backfired, chasing points often does not work. with only one GW before another irritating International Break I may just bank a free transfer.
    Nothing from Leeds assets in the end, my knee jerk signing of Bamford for Wilson out backfired, chasing points often does not work. with only one GW before another irritating International Break I may just bank a free transfer.

Chasing points is always difficult to do. On one hand you might end up bringing in a player or players that had a very good gameweek and who might not deliver steady points. On the other hand, you want to get on board early if the player(s) turn out to be a must have. The unpredictability of this season so far though, makes points chasing even more risky.

I have two free transfers now, and I'm still undecided what to do. Might take a hit and change things up a bit.
    ________

I'll have the gameweek winner update up shortly. Just need to make the banner and write down the league table standings.
  • edited November 2020 Posts: 17,279
    Another gameweek is over, and this one saw our league picking up quite a few decent scores in a rather high-scoring round of FPL. Finishing with the best score of us all, was ☆Fa3inho FC☆ – congratulations! =D>

zbdE12P.jpg
    Gameweek winners:

GW 1: ☆Fa3inho FC☆/False 9 FC
    GW 2: Honesty FC
    GW 3: MEJICO POWA
    GW 4: Liverpool Richmond
    GW 5: Cremonese-killen
    GW 6: MEJICO POWA
    GW 7: ☆Fa3inho FC☆
    League table standings:

1. Eze Peze JapanEze: GW 67 - TOT 391
    2. Colombian Sly Foxes: GW 42 - TOT 389
    3. MEJICO POWA: GW 55 - TOT 388
    4. False 9 FC: GW 53 - TOT 387
    5. Liverpool Richmond: GW 52 - TOT 386
    6. Team Extreme: GW 59 - TOT 383
    7. Honesty FC: GW 58 - TOT 369
    8. Ayew Crazy !: GW 38 - TOT 355
    9. ☆Fa3inho FC☆: GW 76 - TOT 354
    10. Dinamo Skruknott: GW 66 - TOT 350
    11. LVLA Skopje 05: GW 70 - TOT 348
    12. Raymond Reddington: GW 72 - TOT 343
    13. Cremonese-killen: GW 50 - TOT 329
    14. GoldyTheRefStars: GW 65 - TOT 324
    15. Raging Bulls: GW 51 - TOT 310
    16. Anfield FC: GW 50 - TOT 310
    17. Shoots...he scores: GW 38 - TOT 305
    18. Para bailar Lallana!: GW 55 - TOT 299

_____

It's another Friday deadline, and an early one too. Have your teams ready by 16:00 UK time!