The Fantasy thread *Gameweek 38 deadline: Sun 19 May 14:30 UK time!*

Comments

• edited January 2019 Posts: 17,341
    Yeah, you're really just trying to find the players that are likely to perform during those gameweeks, which is more difficult than choosing players long-term. Given City's rotation, that makes it even more difficult.

Dodgy defence is the best way to describe Arsenal at the moment, so I'm not at all confident Unai's men will manage a win tonight. I'm trying to think what team he might start, and I'm really not sure. It will probably be a full strength one, or something in the middle.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Yeah, you're really just trying to find the players that are likely to perform during those gameweeks, which is more difficult than choosing players long-term. Given City's rotation, that makes it even more difficult.

Dodgy defence is the best way to describe Arsenal at the moment, so I'm not at all confident Unai's men will manage a win tonight. I'm trying to think what team he might start, and I'm really not sure. It will probably be a full strength one, or something in the middle.

I have a feeling Sanchez may feature for us, I expect a strong side. We will start quick though our fitness is not great Jose had a unfit side with his negative tactics and Ole is very much high tempo so still a work in progress, final quarter of the game its guaranteed United will drop off energy wise.

I have a feeling Sanchez may feature for us, I expect a strong side. We will start quick though our fitness is not great Jose had a unfit side with his negative tactics and Ole is very much high tempo so still a work in progress, final quarter of the game its guaranteed United will drop off energy wise.

Won't surprise me if Sánchez scores against Arsenal!
    United probably have some adapting to go through post-Mourinho, but the same applies with Arsenal post-Wenger. The Arsenal squad is far away from where Unai wants it, one would imagine – particularly defensively. It's an open match on paper though.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!

United probably have some adapting to go through post-Mourinho, but the same applies with Arsenal post-Wenger. The Arsenal squad is far away from where Unai wants it, one would imagine – particularly defensively. It's an open match on paper though.

I wont say it will be a goal fest or ill jinx it, if anything it will show United fans where Ole is tactically

I wont say it will be a goal fest or ill jinx it, if anything it will show United fans where Ole is tactically

Every game predicted as a goal fest turns out to be a 1-0 game or something, so we better not do so! :))

Every game predicted as a goal fest turns out to be a 1-0 game or something, so we better not do so! :))

In that case I expect a bore draw lol

Haha, me too!
    How will they decide things if it's a draw again? A second fixture or added time + penalties?

Haha, me too!
    How will they decide things if it's a draw again? A second fixture or added time + penalties?

I think it's still replays at this point, my brother is popping round fellow United fan so there will be alot of shouting at the TV lol

Haha, me too!

I think it's still replays at this point, my brother is popping round fellow United fan so there will be alot of shouting at the TV lol

Thanks! Don't want a replay though. Enough injuries around as there is.
    Watching the game by myself tonight. Will manage plenty of shouting on my own, haha!

Haha, me too!

Watching the game by myself tonight. Will manage plenty of shouting on my own, haha!

I do the same if watching game on my own god knows what neighbours think when United score lol

Haha, me too!

I do the same if watching game on my own god knows what neighbours think when United score lol

Haha, glad I'm not alone shouting at the TV during matches! :))

Haha, me too!

Good luck mate may the best team win, interesting line up for United

Haha, me too!

Good luck mate may the best team win, interesting line up for United

That lineup made me worry, haha! Good luck!
    edited January 2019 Posts: 23,530
    SANCHEZ
    That game was lost when Sokratis left the pitch. No chance winning this.
    United woo hoo
    Turned off instead. Don't want my weekend ruined!
    Ole game plan I was impressed with early on, still early days
    Can't win the game with a defence like that. Unfortunately Arsenal won't get a penny from Kroenke to buy players with, so Unai faces an difficult task achieving anything.
    Can't win the game with a defence like that. Unfortunately Arsenal won't get a penny from Kroenke to buy players with, so Unai faces an difficult task achieving anything.

Still 45minutrs you were impressive against Chelsea
    2 - 1

Unfortunately not the same central defenders as that match, now that Sokratis went off.

Won't feel comfortable turning on again unless Arsenal makes it 2-2!

Unfortunately not the same central defenders as that match, now that Sokratis went off.

Won't feel comfortable turning on again unless Arsenal makes it 2-2!

Should be an interesting second half, you have home advantage
    Nasty injury, definately an accident
    Nasty injury, definately an accident

Who's injured?
    Kocheilney
    Ear torn
    Ear torn

Ouch! :-O
    Can he still play? We don't have defenders left soon!
    Ear torn
    Ear torn

Don't think so looks painful there will be several minutes of extra time.
    Ear torn
    Ear torn

Don't think so looks painful there will be several minutes of extra time.

Can't this team catch a break! Everyone is out injured!!