The Fantasy thread *Gameweek 33 deadline: Sat 20 Apr 13:30 UK time!*

Comments

• Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    It was a crazy GW, just made two transfers to field 11 though not confident most of them will start, decided to save my Free Hit for a more beneficial GW points wise.
    It was a crazy GW, just made two transfers to field 11 though not confident most of them will start, decided to save my Free Hit for a more beneficial GW points wise.

It certainly was a crazy gameweek, with huge points swings!

I'm playing my first Free Hit this gameweek. Playing the wildcard last gameweek I sort of forced myself to play the FH this gameweek. I have a hard time deciding on a team now though :))
    A very exciting gameweek 26 is over, and with an average gameweek score of 84, we can safely say it was a very high scoring one. Many played chips this gameweek, and looking at scores in our league and others, those who placed the armband and playing the Triple Captain on Salah were the winners of the gameweek. In our league, Team Extreme ended the gameweek with most points, scoring 147 impressive points. Congratulations! =D>

Yud2cVi.png
    Gameweek winners:
    GW 1: Dinamo Skruknott
    GW 2: Dinamo Skruknott
    GW 3: Team Extreme
    GW 4: CFC
    GW 5: CSAC
    GW 6: The Vardy Boyz
    GW 7: Dinamo Skruknott
    GW 8: Charlton Pathetic
    GW 9: Anfield FC
    GW 10: LVLA Skopje 05
    GW 11: Dinamo Skruknott
    GW 12: 91 BlueCapitol
    GW 13: Incredible XI
    GW 14: أبو كاتم
    GW 15: CSAC
    GW 16: Team Extreme
    GW 17: FC Nostromo
    GW 18: Incredible XI
    GW 19: ¿Pʟᴀᴛᴀ ᴏ Pʟᴏᴍᴏ?
    GW 20: Team Extreme
    GW 21: �
    GW 22: Kicked in Dias
    GW 23: Benny's Blues
    GW 24: Anfield FC
    GW 25: CSAC
    GW 26: Team Extreme

Remember we have another deadline at 18:30 UK time!
    Here are the gameweek 27 captaincy picks!
    Weghorst: 6
    Fernandes: 6
    Gallagher: 2
    Kane: 2
    Ronaldo: 2
    Salah: 2
    Bowen: 2
    Cresswell: 1
    Son: 1
    De Bruyne: 1
    Cancelo: 1
    Broja: 1
    Grealish: 1

Gameweek 27 is an interesting gameweek for captaincy picks, since it's a round of fixtures that includes both blanks and a double. In other word an opportunity to think a bit different with the captaincy. Weghorst tops the captaincy list with his double against Palace and Leicester, tied with Fernandes who plays a struggling Watford team. Good luck everyone!
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Whoops I did not realise Burnley had a double GW :)) oh well.
  • 007InAction007InAction Australia

I missed that too.

Hopefully we win the league cup against the russian oil owned club.
    The clubs hate each other already but now it must be even worse.
    41c27d580f1693cf.jpg?imwidth=720

I don't know how those oil owned clubs supporters enjoy the wins they have knowing that the club owners are criminals ???

edited February 2022 Posts: 23,337
    No Luke Shaw, one player down already I am expecting not many of my players to start, dud GW ahead.

No Edoaurd either, another player down I need to sell him quick not started since I bought him.
    Bielsa may be close to losing his job at Leeds after another battering by Spurs.

Peace
    Mahrez benched for City my GW gets worse, come on Bruno need a goal ~X(

It looks like my highest ever GW score is going to be followed by my lowest ever score.

Full time Man United 0 - 0 Watford, forget Top 4 we dont deserve it, shambles of a season.
    Abramovich hands over stewardship of Chelsea.

I missed that too.

I don't know how those oil owned clubs supporters enjoy the wins they have knowing that the club owners are criminals ???

It's becoming increasingly difficult for many to support their clubs given the clubs' ownerships. I've seen people supporting Newcastle for example, because of the new ownership.

Beyond club loyalty, it's becoming more and more difficult being a football supporter too, with FIFA giving Qatar the rights to hold the tournament, just to name one example.

It looks like my highest ever GW score is going to be followed by my lowest ever score.

Full time Man United 0 - 0 Watford, forget Top 4 we dont deserve it, shambles of a season.

Surprised by the result today. Thought this would be the game to boost United's top four chances. Still a long way to go, but this was a real blow for them – and a big point for Watford.

Will be interesting to see how this plays out. He's still the owner, so it's difficult to see this as being nothing else but keeping the club out of potential danger – until the dust settles…
    Watching the West Ham v Wolves, WH looking more likely. Wolves have made a lot of changes.

On leave so having a few cold beers ready for the Cup Final, I think Liverpool may win with so much recent uncertainty at Chelsea not helping there preperation.

Zouma down injured.
    Watching the West Ham v Wolves, WH looking more likely. Wolves have made a lot of changes.

On leave so having a few cold beers ready for the Cup Final, I think Liverpool may win with so much recent uncertainty at Chelsea not helping there preperation.

Zouma down injured.

The West Ham – Wolves game is an interesting one for Free Hit teams vs non- FH teams. You'd expect a lot of the FH teams to be without West Ham and Wolves assets, whereas those not on FH might have 2-3 of them.

Zouma down injured.

The West Ham – Wolves game is an interesting one for Free Hit teams vs non- FH teams. You'd expect a lot of the FH teams to be without West Ham and Wolves assets, whereas those not on FH might have 2-3 of them.

I have Coady and Bowen I could easily see this finish 0 - 0 , points wise not that bothered I am already thinking of the next GW. I took a -8 already which could turn into a FH.

I have been watching the progress of Vlahovic in Serie A, what a player he is. I heard Arsenal were in for him prior to him going to Juve.

Zouma down injured.

I have Coady and Bowen I could easily see this finish 0 - 0 , points wise not that bothered I am already thinking of the next GW. I took a -8 already which could turn into a FH.

I have been watching the progress of Vlahovic in Serie A, what a player he is. I heard Arsenal were in for him prior to him going to Juve.

Not following the game, but I see West Ham are 1-0 up. My mini league rival has Bowen and Antonio, which makes this a difficult game to follow for me, haha! A Free Hit next gameweek could pay off. Chelsea could potentially get a double in gameweek 28.

Yes, Arsenal were apparently in for Vlahovic in the January transfer window, but he did not want to play for Arsenal (apparently). Could definitely see him as a key player for Arsenal if it had happened.
    Build up to the start of the final was emotionally charged, crowd is incredible. Not even checked the final score of the West Ham game, Chelsea should be 1 up great chance.
    Build up to the start of the final was emotionally charged, crowd is incredible. Not even checked the final score of the West Ham game, Chelsea should be 1 up great chance.

The West Ham - Wolves game ended 1-0 to the Hammers.

Completely forgot about the final and won't be able to watch it unfortunately. Interesting if Chelsea plays well today and double in gameweek 28…

Completely forgot about the final and won't be able to watch it unfortunately. Interesting if Chelsea plays well today and double in gameweek 28…

Good first half both had good chances, I am ashamed to be a United fan we are miles behind these two teams in attitude and work rate. 0 - 0
  • edited February 2022 Posts: 17,280

Good first half both had good chances, I am ashamed to be a United fan we are miles behind these two teams in attitude and work rate. 0 - 0

I know the feeling… Although Arsenal have (sort of) slowly turned into a better team, they're very far off the top three still.
    I wont name names though there is a group of United players within the squad that need booting out, they are weak minded and are just not up to it.

The Ole Gunnar free style regime did not help at all and we are feeling the brunt. Big changes ahead for United I hope, need an overhaul of the squad big time. I hope Ragnick will be allowed from upstairs to implement what we need in order for the the club to build again into a force. I really hope we get Ten Hag as our next manager.
    Omg Chelsea should be in front. Mount should have two goals already.
    Brilliant Free Kick from Liverpool Matip scores. Great game
    VAR says... NO :)) Van Dyke foul I think.
    OMG Keppa brought on for penalties and his histrionics backfired, he took a penalty and skyed it.
    I wont name names though there is a group of United players within the squad that need booting out, they are weak minded and are just not up to it.

The Ole Gunnar free style regime did not help at all and we are feeling the brunt. Big changes ahead for United I hope, need an overhaul of the squad big time. I hope Ragnick will be allowed from upstairs to implement what we need in order for the the club to build again into a force. I really hope we get Ten Hag as our next manager.

United is in the same position as Arsenal are, in terms of having to do a significant rebuild, finding the right players for the project the next manager will try to implement. United have an advantage over Arsenal in that they will be given the funds needed to do so, and as a project, managing United is more interesting than managing Arsenal. Won't be surprised to see someone like Ten Hag at United next season.
    OMG Keppa brought on for penalties and his histrionics backfired, he took a penalty and skyed it.

Just read this on Twitter. Changing GKs was a massive gamble from Tuchel: why did he do it? From what I've read from other tweets, Mendy played well.

I missed that too.

It's becoming increasingly difficult for many to support their clubs given the clubs' ownerships. I've seen people supporting Newcastle for example, because of the new ownership.

Beyond club loyalty, it's becoming more and more difficult being a football supporter too, with FIFA giving Qatar the rights to hold the tournament, just to name one example.

Surprised by the result today. Thought this would be the game to boost United's top four chances. Still a long way to go, but this was a real blow for them – and a big point for Watford.

Will be interesting to see how this plays out. He's still the owner, so it's difficult to see this as being nothing else but keeping the club out of potential danger – until the dust settles…

FIFA should move the 2022 WC to Norway. 👍👍

Chelsea (putin fc) should be kicked out of football.

We were lucky to win the league cup because of our average defending.

I missed that too.

We only have two stadiums with a capacity of over 20 000 here in Norway though, and even worse – the majority of the football pitches are artificial turf!

Abramovich's ties with Putin are really unfortunate (to put it mildly), and puts the spotlight on ownership of the PL clubs. This Twitter thread – a response to the tweet by Sky Sports journalist Kaveh Solhekol this weekend – takes a deep dive into Abramovich and his background with Putin.

Didn't see the Liverpool – Chelsea match, but it looks to have been quite the penalty shootout!

I missed that too.

We only have two stadiums with a capacity of over 20 000 here in Norway though, and even worse – the majority of the football pitches are artificial turf!

Abramovich's ties with Putin are really unfortunate (to put it mildly), and puts the spotlight on ownership of the PL clubs. This Twitter thread – a response to the tweet by Sky Sports journalist Kaveh Solhekol this weekend – takes a deep dive into Abramovich and his background with Putin.

Didn't see the Liverpool – Chelsea match, but it looks to have been quite the penalty shootout!

Corruption is a part of life and there's nothing we can do about it is there ?

Norway could co-host the WC with some of their neighbours in the future ?

I missed that too.

Corruption is a part of life and there's nothing we can do about it is there ?

Norway could co-host the WC with some of their neighbours in the future ?

Yeah, it's unfortunately very common…

I think there was talk about Norway as a potential co-host with Sweden and/or Denmark once, but I don't think there was anything more than a suggestion. Sweden and Denmark would both be more natural WC hosts, I think.